Why can't we drink sea water?

oh please, of course i am not stupid i know sea water is full of salt and we can't drink it.

but if which ever god created this earth, then isn't that some kind of cruel joke?

God:
Hey look! I created this planet which is 70% water, I also created humans who needs water to stay alive.
BUT, they cannot drink that 70% of water that is all around them!
They have to go and search for that 2.5% of freshwater instead!

Just saying, who ever made up that rule is a bit of a dickhead.

0|0
6|17

Most Helpful Girl

• That's "If" a god even exists to begin with. I'm only saying if since you can't prove that he doesn't exist. While you can't prove he exists. It's kind of like last Last Thursdayism theory. Though most things point to how one doesn't exist.

The one thing I saw talking about it. Is that the water on earth came from having thousands and thousands of meteorites/asteroids impaling the earth. Which they contained water in them. So after a point the water added up and creating the ocean. Which then was frozen solid for a hundreds of years. Then the ice melted away and the ocean went back to be liquid.

The documentary talking about all of it is extremely interesting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57merteLsBc

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well the main reason we can't drink the oceans salt water is because there is to much salt for our bodies to ingest and also because our kidneys can only make urine that is less salty then the water we take in. So to get rid of all the salt in the water you'd have to pee more then you drink and you'd die of dehydration.

Lets not forget all the other stuff in the ocean like sulfur and other volcanic chemicals in the water from underwater volcanoes.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Your question made me think of this:

img.ifcdn.com/.../...7cdb05d096a08b5aab8cf15_1.jpg

2|2
    0|0
    • Dog creates oceans and the fishes, Dog creates Adam and Eve.
      Eve goes for a swim. (without asking permission of course!)
      Says Dog: "Damnit, I'll NEVER get that smell from all those fish I created! :-P "

• @jacquesvol hahaha that's great😂

• Spoiled lazy human would have thought the same thing. His ways are not your ways and his thoughts are not your thoughts. God has a purpose in everything. And that only means you can't have anything that you want because you're not a God. You don't have the right to question God cos you're just one of His creation, you only ought to thank Him for everything.

1|0
    0|0
  • God is the world's biggest troll

0|2
    0|0
  • God didn't put us on this earth to give us everything we want. He put us here so we can grow and learn. I'll never claim to know God's plan. He has a reason for everything and, at times, they're far too complex for anybody but Him to understand.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can drink it, you just have to desalinate it first...

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• Well yes, if you critically look at the bible, the koran or the tora and you actually read them instead of just blindly worshipping and following their rules, that's actually the only conclusion you can come to: god is an incredible, massive dickhead. That's probably why they say "reading the bible is the surest way to become an atheist".

0|0
    0|0
  • The salty sea water evaporates thus filling clouds with water vapor in the clouds move over the world and rain making fresh water. Eventually, that water is consumed by animals and plants or not but eventually is returned back to the oceans. This is part of what is called the hydrological cycle.

ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/.../smry.rxml

1|0
    0|0
  • maybe you're taking this too seriously? lol

1|1
    0|0
  • It's just one of the mass of bad jokes which make the 'Intelligent Design' theory highly improbable or a work of an evil creator.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/2upaj4w.jpg

http://oi68.tinypic.com/15rh21f.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • Because God is an absent-minded jerk? He tried to created the ideal being and it turned out to be Men. Which turned out like Bart Simpson. Then he when like "oh shit! What have I done?" And hastely scraped together the byproduct of Men and created the Women. He quickly realized how much he failed at this creator thing and he escaped the scene of the crime then buried the evidence?

Salty ocean... Heh, not even close to his other failed experiments.

0|0
    0|0
  • Jow dare you! Next you'll be asking why we're built to live to be 70 but our teeth only last 30. Or why aome people's brains deteriorate into mush by the time they're 0 but their bodies lat another 10 years. Or why people gwt diseaaes that paralyze or blind them for life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's like the forbidden fruit

Except instead of being punished for no reason, it just kills you instead

Yay!

1|0
    0|0
  • No one made up this rule this is basic geography carbon dioxide in the air dissolves into rain making it slightly acidic so when it falls it erodes rocks on land and carries the salts and minerals in a dissolved state of ions which are swept up in surface water runoff and carried to streams then rivers into the ocean and the ocean is always becoming saltier due to this process this is a clear process and it is all necessary there is nothing that's a stupid rule.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also if you want to drink it you just need a filtration system.

• God created this world so that it would produce sapient life capable of returning his love, not specifcaly for humans. I seriously doubt that God could've cared less if it was homo sapiens, elephants, magpies, or octopi that developed abstract thought, so long as one of them did.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it were fresh water we would drink it all and it'd be all gone, duh lol

0|0
    0|0
  • we polluted all the clean river so now we go search for the few clean water sources

1|0
    0|0
  • you can drink seawater.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, the water is there for the fish, not us lol. Hope that changes your perspective.

0|0
    0|0
  • We can drink seawater, we just had to unlock it first.

0|0
    0|0
  • whod want to drink that shit anyway when theirs fish and shit in their

0|0
    0|0
  • I got freshwater as far as i can see. you just live somewhere stupid :D

0|0
    0|0