Survival - Choose 4 ITEMS?

Survival - Choose 4 ITEMS?

Most Helpful Guy

• You, re the best at this lol, exactly the kinda question I needed!

Id pick
    Katana
    Night vision goggles
    Cross bow
    Body armour

But since its the start of The outbreak, I might have to swap the goggles for the motorcycle. Not sure thats a tuff one

• Hahahaha !

Thanks!

• Hhahahah!!

• LOL!!! One never knows how this goes. xxoo

Most Helpful Girl

• Great Question, @Victorianne, and just in case of Even a "Bigger" 'Outbreak' that our own Country could Make:
    Two-Man Tent
    Flashlight
    First Aid Kit
    Jeep
    *Along with Stockpiling food, Our own Stash of Supplies, which we have started, Our Bible and my cousin's Gun, will Surely help get us through the Darkest... Zombie Zoo.
    Good luck. xx

• Great choices @paris13 ♥♥xxx

• Oh, so welcome, @Victorianne and as hard as the GREAT choices were that You Posted, with having you as One of my bestie, didn't Need "girl's best friend" with the Shepard so easy to eliminate. lolxxoo

• aww that is such a lovely comment Paris. Thank you. I love you to bits ♥ xx

What Guys Said 40

• Ooh I love hypothetical questions like this:
    My choices are jeep, fire ax, water purifier, body armor.

Jeep-- It is a sturdy enough environment to where I can be safe from zombies if they do attack. It also is great for transport... And can hold any gear I collect along the way. Assuming zombie has the strength of a normal human, I don't think they'd be able to break the glass of it with bare hands (despite how movies like to portray it).

Fire ax -- I chose this over the machete or katana. I figure that it has more reach than the machete, but has more strength/purpose than the katana. I also have more experience with an ax (from chores) compared to a katana, so I would know how to use it more. If I need to chop a tree down, or break through a door (think of all the locked doors!), or whatnot, I can't really use a katana. I can use a fire ax, which will also give me protection. May not be as fast but I believe it is a worthy tradeoff.

Water purifier -- I imagine in a zombie apocalypse, the water is going to be pretty tainted everywhere. Whether it is from zombies falling in the supply, or just water being naturally toxic, it is a good idea to have a water purifier in any situation. Sure-- I could do the whole "put water under plastic and get condensation" thing, but that process is very slow. I may not always have access to fire, so I'll use water purifier.

Body armor-- Think back to every zombie movie you've ever watched. 90% of people bit get infected on their arm or neck. If it is the neck, they are screwed, but the arm with some body armor could have be prevented. This could let me focus on protecting my neck. Zombies stand, so they probably wouldn't go after my feet and legs as much, hence the arm being the most vulnerable part. Body armor will help with that. I could makeshift something, but I doubt it would be as sturdy or maneuvarable as legit body armor.

-----
    Things I would stay away from: German Shepherd (extra mouth to feed, can't help against zombies when zombies only die from head trauma), flashlight, and chainsaw (battery/gas concerns).

Shotgun would be a good choice though, assuming it features a common type of ammo one would find in a house. It would give more damage than a pistol but be more practical than an AK.
    I would stay away from the silenced hand gun because a silencer doesn't silence a gun. It makes it more quiet and changes the noise, but the pistol is still loud.

• thanks for that. You always explain the reasons for your choices very well !!

• I really like hypothetical questions like this so I enjoy writing about them 😅
      A lot of these things work well in short term but become costly in the long term.

• lol yeah i like hypothetical question too

• Body armour, nothing else matters if you get bit (I assume you are reffering to romero zombies) First aid kit because even if its not a bite open wounds can get infected and depending on the zombie the blood could attract them. Machete (it was a hard choice between the fire axe and machete) because while the fire axe has greater utility the machete has better combat capabilities by design its lighter (making movement easier) quicker (good for multiple opponents) and because of the thinness of the blade with a slight twist it can be easily removed from an object (whether it be wood or a skull) thus allowing for greater usability in combat but still having some utility for survival. Then the German sheperd, I wasn't entirely certain on this one but companion ship is very important for long term well being and with its greater senses would also function as an alarm system (though don't know how well trained he is, could be a liability if he doesn't stop barking) and detection system. The vehicles are to noisy and require a fuel source not readily available and are finite (plus prone to breaking down after a time) same goes with chainsaw, plus its unwieldly and loud. Flashlight eventually run out of batteries and can be replaced with fire which also has a greater utility function. Crossbow while having the advantage of being quite and having recoverable ammo, it is far to slow with only one shot every couple of seconds plus its bulkier and can slow you down making it more of a liability. The ak has limited ammunition all of which would draw attention to the person and would be less viable in close quarters, which if your scavanging in an urban setting is almost a certainty. Same goes with the shotgun and handgun (though they are both better at close quarters). Katan is built for slashing and disembowling so if the zombie needs to be killed with a head strike its going to be less effective then the machete and axe. Night vision goggles wouldn't be bad except they have a finite life span and only mildy help at night, they have limited range of detection and its situational while the dog has a longer life span and has multiple direction detection. Don't really know how a video camera would be useful for all stated reasons and a lack of utiliatrian use. Water purifier could be useful but the iodine it uses to filter the water, or its filter itself has limited uses and then your back to just boiling the water.

• The tent wouldn't be bad but its not secure and it reduces visibility, if you got horded it could actually be a detriment acting like a net keeping you from utilizing weapons or escaping so while useful you could probably do better making your own (just keep something between the body and ground to maintain body heat and a sleeping bag, it would give you some of the protection of the tent and none of the disadvantages) I don't know what a gas mask would even be useful for. Awesome question!

• Not a problem! Its nice to see these questiones on here (I like open ideas like that) So thanks for asking!

• aww that 's kind f you! I will try to post more of this because a lot of people seem to like them

• Out of the options you give me.

Body armor
    Because it would help protect me against bites or scratches and prevent them from being able to rip me apart with their hands.

Machete
    It's a not to long and it has a nice cutting edge and can be used in close quarters

Crossbow
    Completely silent and I can retrieve the ammo and use them again and again and again and if need be I can make ammo out of sharp durable sticks or limbs.

silenced pistol which most likely uses the worldwide and very common 9mm ammo it's silent won't make noise and I can use it if zombies get close and I need to kill a very rapidly.

What I would use that's not on your list.

USMC ( United States Marine Crop ) K-Bar Serrated Edge Combat Knife
    One of the most durable and effective combat knives in the world great survival knife and good for cutting and stabbing.

A Bow and Arrows
    Faster then a crossbow and not as much of a liability and you can modify the arrows to act like a harpoon and you can fish with em.

Flint
    So that I can make sparks, build fires etc

MREs
    Military rations that are good for years and are easy to take with you and are quite filling, nutritious and come with things like wipes, matches etc and all you need to make them is water.

• Water purifier. You need clean water before anything else.
    Machete. Can be used as a weapon if needed. otherwise it is a tool, for food, firewood, cleaning things, etc.
    Jeep, assuming gas is full up. The faster you get away from a population center, the less zombies are around. You have time to figure out your next move.

• Body armor: it will protect me from their bites.
    Katana: it's a long weapon, allowing more space between the zombies and I, it's silent, and it takes time to deteriorate. I will never run out of ammo.
    Jeep: It allows me to move around, and will protect me from zombies, so I could sleep inside.
    German Shepherd: it will be my guardian dog, help me fight, and will pick up their scent from a far distance.

• Wouldn't the German Shepherd be a liability to feed? Or in a fight-- when the german shepherd bites the arm of a zombie when only a head shot would do damage? (Not to mention it could infect your dog and lead to a sad scene like in I Am Legend with Will Smith and his German Shepherd).

• @dangerDoge Yeah man... too soon. Been 9 years since that movie, but that scene... always gets me *sniff sniff*

• That seen was pretty sad. *sniff sniff*

• Water purifier and respirator mask So I don't get poisoned too.

Jeep. It is defence, a place to live, and a weapon I can crush zombies with. There is no fuel there so I am assuming there is no need for gas in the future.

CB radio so I can communicate with others and get more resources and colonize.

• >Tent
    >Respirator
    >Silenced gun
    >Jeep (not the one in the image, a Grand Cherokee of course)

My logic being that I'll drive my Jeep to my dealer's house, rob him of his weed using the gun. Then drive out into the sticks, pitch my tent, use the respirator and the silencer from the gun to craft a bong and smoke weed until I inevitably die of starvation, dehydration, exposure or zombie spit.

Wait, I want to know who's the dickhead who has everything you could possibly need, but chooses to give you only 4 items? Couldn't you just slay him and take all the shit?

• katana-for zombies
    water purifier-for survival
    body armor-for protection
    ak47-to defend myself from other humans (maybe steal a jeep :p)

• If I only had the four to pick from, I'd pick a shotgun, machete, body armor, and a Jeep. I'm bound to run into other survivors who have other resources sooner or later.

• katana or even though i am unskilled at using one. no need to find ammo
    a crank charging flashlight that also has LED light. so see when the lights go out.
    its not on your list but a lock pick set so i can get into locked doors.
    with these items i think i can find everything else on the list

• U can never go wrong with a machete
    Body armor can't hurt– quite the opposite, really.
    Gotta love a first aid kit
    Tents r fun

I based my choices on things that A) Don't have battery life therefore are infinite
    B) Practical for my survival and don't make unnecessary noise that will attract zombehs

• cell phone fully charged that can call out anywhere. Matches. Food. And woman.

• I would choose the katana, silenced hand gun, the shotgun, and the water purifier.

The katana for up close, silenced hand gun not to draw attention, shot gun as a last resort and water purifier to stay alive.

• Chainsaw, water purifier, first aid kit and a machete...

But darn I like those night vision goggles

• Out of these I'd pick, the Jeep, the radio, the water purifier and the silenced handgun.

• A dog so that I'm not alone. Jeep so that I can get somewhere fast. AK-47 to shoot some motherfuckers, and a katana to give the whole scene a Tarantino touch.

• Body armor
    silenced handgun
    katana
    and a jeep because fuck motorcycles are 10X louder

• water purifier
    machete
    night vision goggles
    body armor

where the hell is a fire starter?

• I'd pick the shotgun, the jeep, the dog and night vision goggles.

• Body Armour
    Night Vision
    Jeep
    shotgun

• 1 - Katana <3 Michonne

2 - body armour

3 - German Shephard

4 - first aid kit.

• Body armour
    Jeep
    Shotgun
    German Shepherd

• Jeep , night vision goggles , katana , silenced hand gun with infinite bullets xD

• Jeep, body armour, silenced hand gan and first aid kit.

• I'll go with the Jeep, AK-47, Katana, and the Water Purifier

• 1) Body armor.
    2) Silenced Hand Gun.
    3) Night-vision goggles.
    4) Jeep.

• Crossbow, machete, Jeep, silenced hadgun

• Can't I choose a crowbar? Always choose the crowbar.

• Tent, CB radio, and sure electricity :)

• body armour
    machete
    silenced gun
    water purifier

there you go :)

• More from Guys
    10

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 17

• First aid kit - pretty self explanatory.
    German shepherd - protection, companionship.
    Machete - protection, plus I can cut things and its smaller to carry around than a katana. And I can't aim worth crap with a gun so that's out.
    Water purifier - because you need water, right?

• 1. Cross Bow - Silent and most people will be using guns, so less bullets.
    2. Jeep- To travel quickly instead of on foot.
    3. First Aid Kit - to heal/ repair myself
    4. Night Vision Goggles - to see if something is coming near me at night.

• A katana, jeep, and a German Shephard. The jeep would be my transportation, the dog would be my look out when I'm not looking or I'm asleep, and the katana, I'm going to do it Michonne style. ;D

• FirstAid kit
    Chainsaw
    Motorcycle
    Flashlight

• -First aid kit
    -water purifier
    -crossbow (silent weapon and can make arrows from any trees)
    -machete (for cutting and killing)

• so among these i'll be getting myself a machete, an AK-47 , a katana , and a jeep ;)

• Body armor, Jeep, silenced hand gun, and the first aid kit.

• Crossbow, night vision goggles, water purifier, first aid kit

• Flashlight
    Jeep
    Katana
    eh... the gun is a tricky one
    It depends. If I have a lot of rounds, then the hand gun.

• Body armour, motorcycle, water purifier and machete

• Flashlight
    First Aid Kit
    Video Camera
    Jeep

• Jeep, machete, firsst aid kit, and crossbow

• First aid kit, water purifier, two-man tent, and machette.

• body armour, jeep, shotgun, first aid kit

• None. I'd die on my own terms.

• Body amour, GSD, water purifier, crossbow

• Jeep, German Shephard, First Aid Kit, and the Fire Axe