Does it depress anyone else how short life is?

Life is so short and there's a limited number of days in life...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, thats why you have to live your life day by day :)

What Girls Said 15

• Not really, but then again I believe in afterlife...

• What do you believe will happen?

• Life goes by in the blink of an eye.. but thats life, we can't change it so pointless to get depressed about it

• no... life is really long as long as you stay healthy

• I can stay healthy, but you can't cheat death...

• I don't intend or want to... life isn't short in my opinion

• That's not depressing. Bills are depressing, losing friends is depressing, having to work all the time is depressing.

I don't know.

• Yea all that stuff is depressing, but what if you were rich?

You still would die.

• I think the worst thing is losing friends. Life is short but you can make it sweet. I just think back to all of the awesome friends I've had so far and it sad how you drift and eventually become strangers :|

• It can appear short or long. It's about making the most of every day you do have.

• Actually...*ahem* life seems really looooong

• Yes, it's sad and depressing. But that's how it is and that's also why we should live our lives to the fullest and cherish every day.

• Why does it have to end, though?

Do you think having a baby would cheer someone up? But that's just more hard work...

What can be done about this?

• And knowing that life has an end, gives you two motives for that goal: one is that you have to decide what your goal is (this is already hard on it's own, so don't take your whole life), and then you know you have a limit to accomplish it.

Have you ever played GTA? It's all fun to freely roam around and do stupid stuff, but it gets boring pretty quickly, and you see that the true value of the game are the missions and accomplishments. Once they are all over, the game loses its fun (now we have online... but back in the day we didn't)

• @mikemx55 makes sense

• It's very sad but one would assume with with 7 or 8 figures a year could cheat himself out of death no?

• No, I don't think that's possible...

• Heya!
    no, it does not depress me... Life is short but you have to make the best of what is given to you.
    take care :)

• In the words of the late great Bill Hicks:

It's just a ride...

• Don't know or care who that is...

He's probably a stupid redneck

• Who was crying? I said it was short and sad that it has to end

• You probably were, but I don't know or care...

• I get depressed knowing that one day i won't wake up and see the things i once loved. Eat the food i once enjoyed. And be with the people i care most about.

• Yes it really depresses me

• it's literally the longest time period we'll experience. make use of it

• True... but it's me... I've had medical problems before... I've been in hospitals... I'm not looking forward to it and I do take great care of my health..

• Um, no, life is literally the longest thing any of us will ever experience 😅😛

• Okay but it still gets shorter every day

• I definitely read that with the wrong mindset :P :P :P

• Just dont think about it. Live in the present.

What Guys Said 21

• Unfortunately it's all guaranteed the moment you are conceived and brought into existence into this world and reality.

Depends upon what your beliefs and views are and what you choose them to be about.

Just have fun as much as possible while you are still here and decide on what you really want to do with your life and what you are willing to do, make plans and set goals for yourself, because if you do not then someone else will do that for you, and guess what they have in store or plan for you instead? It's not going to be much.

None of us can ever really find a way to cheat and beat death, every single possession and even money that we have saved and accumulated in our lifetimes cannot be kept forever in our possession the moment we die and leave this world forever. But let's put it this way, stay alive and survive as long as you could because who knows? Maybe a way to cheat and beat death such as Immortality does some how eventually magically appear in your lifetime one day, even if it was exclusively yours, because nothing is really certain, you are just going to have to take certain risks and keep moving forward and not constantly feel depressed and worry about everything all the time, because the truth is that we all only have so much control of our lives. We can only control ourselves and not others, keep that in mind. Just do the best that you could what what you currently have or have left and survive as long as you possibly can, as there really are no other easy alternatives, at least not right now.

• Life is just a deception,
    Don't get lost, maybe its just an inception!
    You see death... where, I see birth.
    Now that, that is a real conception.

Afterlife is the real life, this just a exam for us to see where we will be in the afterlife. Hell or heaven.

• That's plain stupid

• Think logically why you were created, why you live? There is purpose behind everything, if our creator just made us live a certain time why would he create us in the first place? What's the purpose behind it? What happens to the dead than, do you believe they are completely gone? You see your body is built to die but a soul never dies. You have to understand what a soul is in order to understand what life is? Then maybe you'll understand why short it is.

• It's the second time in a week that I see something like this... I'll leave the same answer, a quote from August Osage County:
    "Life is very long. T. S. Elliot. Not the first person to say it, certainly not the first person to think it, but he's given credit for it because he bothered to write it down.
    [chuckles]
    Now if you say it, you have to say his name after it. "Life is very long." T. S. Elliot. Absolutely goddamn right."

• I'm on a mission to be the world's oldest living person...

• Got it...

• Anyway, but when I talked about the consequences, one of them is: going to the funerals of most of your family and friends.

• Yes. It depresses me every single time that I embark on this train of thought.
    I wish to believe in some sort of afterlife, I really do. But I can't convince myself of any existing afterlife concepts known to man.

Thanks, now I feel pretty depressed xD

• Personally I don't think life is that short, but if you're worried now you really don't need to be. In 60 years time there could well be treatments available to reverse ageing - so focus on enjoying your life as much as you can now and you might find in the future you can do it forever.

• I don't think they will invent eternal life any time soon...

• No, it inspired me. If my time on this earth is limited, I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can. There's no time for second guesses and regret.

• Yeah, I wanna live forever.

• You won't be saying that when you're 96, no one talks to you and you have to piss every ten minutes.

• I would hope people talk to me...

I would go to Hooters and be social...

• You can get a whole lot of living into 60 years if you do it right. Step one- stop worrying and start doing.

• I am doing... But that doesn't stop the clock from ticking...

• When I really think about it yes it does a bit. But then I get fired up and figure I want to make the most of the time I do have on this planet. I don't recommend sitting around and watching TV all the time. Get out and do things.

• just think, you're done with 25% of your life already. how does that make you feel?

• Right…

70 years just goes by in a flash… yea...

• nope, you just have to make the most of it

• No. If you're doing it right, it's plenty of time.

Are you one of those asshats who wants to live forever?

• life like anything is what you make it pretty much : )

• Absolutely. & it's terrifying!

• no i dont plan on living a long life

• Why not?

And doesn't this depress you?

• Life is short? False. Living is the longest thing you will ever do.-Dwight Schrute

• Yeah man... fuck I hate it... we live like for 70 years or so...

I'm 24 now and I'll turn 25 dat October and it seems like yesterday when I was 18... I don't consider maself old now... but after 25... I'll hit 30... then 35... then 40...

And I wanna enjoy ma fuckin' life as much as possible... I don't intend to stay away from alcohol and follow a healthy lifestyle just in order to be an 100 year old fossil... it'd be a boring life then...

I wanna eat and drink wotever I want and live as much as I can... but fuck it dude 70 years are nothing... I say 70 coz after 70 life must be really boring...

• Son,
    It's not only short but it's often shitty, and it always ends in a bad way.
    You still have some 50 years to live.
    I don't think I'll see my granddaughter graduate with a masters degree.
    THUS:
    Live you life to the fullest, enjoy every day of it, take some limited risks as long as you're young.
    I won't visit Africa or Indonesia: too risky at my age.

Enjoy life,

Love,
    Dad

• Heck no, I'm glad it's short

• Why? You hate it.

• No never said that