Why don't people believe that I'm single? What makes you not believe that someone is single?

Title says it all. It's not a big deal but I'm curious since there's not only one, but few people that don't believe me that I'm single when they asked whether I was. One of them made me swear even! Why is this? What will make someone perceived as taken?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll toss out a possible answer: guys may find it easier to accept rejection if you're already taken because then there's an excuse - without that excuse then it's just that you're not interested in them.

• Well I wouldn't care if it's guys that don't believe me. It was my aunt and a married girl that was a stranger, and some other girl friends

What Guys Said 2

• There's an old saying "The best women are already taken." Maybe they find you really attractive and good girlfriend material and they didn't expect you to be single.

• I think you got a boyfriend , you seem like you've got a boyfriend

What Girls Said 0