Girls, how would you react in this situation?

I was out shopping earlier today and as i was walking home i noticed this girl struggling with her groceries. I wasn’t deliberately trying to hit on her, but she was very pretty and i guess i spoke to her in the hopes of breaking the ice.

Anyway, all i said to her was "excuse me, do you need some help carrying your bags?"

If looks could kill, i would be six feet under by now because she shot me the dirtiest look imaginable. She didn’t even speak to me lol.

Is it really that bad to be approached by a guy just trying to be nice?

Most Helpful Girl

• She gets it a lot, she didn't want to start anything and like you just admitted you did want to talk to her and get to know her based on her looks.. She was annoyed, and sure she struggled but she could do it by herself with a little trouble.

• i understand she may get it a lot, but a simple no thank you would have had the same effect. no need for her to look at me like i was a piece of shit or something :p

the lack of common courtesy is whats most annoying.

• well at least you're honest i guess.

• It works for me.. My looks give this cute and lovely girl but I'm bitchy.. I can be nice but bitchy works for me

What Girls Said 6

• AW! (: thats sweet!

• Personally, I think it had nothing to do with you. She probably was just having a bad day. Some girls shut people away, especially if they are pissed off or if it's a stranger. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

• i understand that, and yes people have bad days. i just think its kind of rude how she didn't even talk to me.

if i was in a mood and some random woman asked me if i needed help i would at least be courteous and speak to her.

• Well, I'm sorry to hear that 😢😢

• I would be fine with a kind gesture such as the one you described above, because it's sweet when a guy offers to help. Plus given my current state I wouldn't have turned down the help.

• It was a kind gesture, but some people just don't like getting help from otherss.

• Honestly if i you had just walked up to me and offered help i would think 'wow he's a creep' but im sure she knows that you were just trying to make a good impression and she probably just thought it was very straightforward althought i would take it as a lovely gesture

• No, you were trying to help her. She should've at least thanked you for offereing.

What Guys Said 0