Learning foreign languages?

Hi everybody! I wanna learn foreign languages. But I do not know how to do. Please help me. Tell me and suggest me!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think learning new languages is an excellent life long learning experience. You discover not only different cultures but the way of thinking of different people, the way they approach life, the type of manner in which they might behave.

You begin to develop new personality traits and discover your innerself within those languages because all these languages are different when expressing yourself.

I myself am learning 4 languages and can speak 3 fluently.

www.babbel.com/.../7-reasons-to-learn-languages-from-a-guy-who-speaks-9

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 2

• A course. Or they sell language learning tapes to. I've never listened to one to know how well they work?

• haha do it as i do lol follow their blogs

What Girls Said 4

• Learning languages is a skill in and of itself. I was forced to learn it because I moved to another country when I was little, so I had to learn a new language pretty quickly.

When learning a new language, forget all of the rules of your own language. Don't try to translate words in your mind. Instead, associate the words with pictures or concepts. When you hear the word "chair", you instantly picture a chair, you don't do any complicated translations to another language or anything. It's just boom, there's a picture of a chair in your mind.

Some languages will be easier to learn depending on what languages you already know. You know English already, so it will be easier for you to West Germanic languages, such as Dutch and German. Learning German will enable you to learn North Germanic languages easier, such as Swedish, Norwegian, and Danish. And so on...

I find it somewhat easier to learn completely foreign languages, because then I can throw away everything I know from the languages I speak and start over. Whereas learning a similar language can be confusing. A lot of the words are the same, but can mean completely different things. Or the grammar is the same for some things, but different for other things. And it becomes a big confusing mess. I speak Dutch and have trouble learning proper German because of this.

Some tools to help you memorize words are Duolingo and Memrise. As for grammar, you'll have to find some sites that are specifically dedicated to the language you want to learn.

• I don't know English and thank you for reply.

• I have learnt English through afterclasses (the classes in middle school didn't help at all because our teacher was dumber than a can of corn).
    I think it's easier when someone explains you everything and helps when it's needed.
    Problem is that it costs, so not everybody is able to afford it.
    But the pros, honestly, outweight the con.

• Honestly surrounding yourself with people who speak the language helps because you are kinda forced to learn it because its seen as a necessity.

• school