Do you feel that someone revealing their feelings to you directly 'ruins the mystery'?

I have heard this from time to time, that they like the mystery of not knowing... cause as soon as you know, the mystery is ruined and feelings may go away as a result.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lost mystery? They were playing game's from day one than. You don't catch feelings and lose them cause the other person admitted their feeling's... Dafuq lol but u do lose interest due to toying with them and seeking attention... I wish somebody revealed they liked me back lol

• If I reveal my feelings and someone tries to hit me with that line... baby Naw├Ępita!

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really understand the whole 'confessing' thing I see on here so much. It seems incredibly juvenile and doomed to failure since you are taking your target by surprise and putting them on the spot.

Just ask them out! It makes your intentions pretty clear without making you seem deranged or obsessed.

What Girls Said 21

• If I'm interested in someone or they simply are into me, the less mystery there is, the better. I find no appeal in there being secrets about things such as that.
    The more 'mysterious' someone tries to be, whether the interest is mutual or not, the more irritated I'd probably get. I'm not into playing games.

• Would you reveal your feelings even if not 100% sure they share them?

• The only time I'd tell someone I'm interested in them would be if I was pretty sure, like >80%, that they shared the interest, or would be up to trying things out.

• It's like 50/50. If you guys just met and you told the other person your whole life story then you're probably more exposed and the mystery is finally solved. However, if the person has been with you for a long time and you open up then the person might think it was worthwhile hanging around and that you trust her/him. Then, they'll stay with you and respect you for it. A closer relationship would probably be the result of that. I think it's too early to say personal things in the first two or three weeks of hanging out. However, if you really did feel like you trust the person, then go ahead. Just don't overwhelm them with too much information. I don't know if they'd still be curious about you by then, unless they already took a liking towards you.

• Well If I care. lol (: But nah! I am always shocked when anyone likes me. i never let anyone get close to find out who i am! lol only gag!

• not really. it depends on the person. the thing is, there are people who are like a never ending mystery, even if they revealed their feelings.

there are others who are the most predictable novel ever before they've said anything.

• I'm calling bullshit. I don't think it has anything to do with liking the mystery. I feel like anyone that says that doesn't like the person back and just doesn't want to come out and say it. I'd rather not play games. If I feel something for you, I'm going to tell you. And I'd want to be told.

• If someone says hat then the never liked the person in the first place, they only liked the idea of being with them

• no not really... if I like the person I d be delighted

• No. If I have true feelings for someone, they won't just vanish because of the mystery being solved.
    I'd like to argue that you don't have feelings for someone if they disappear that easily. You most likely just enjoyed the chase, not the person.

• Nah, I like when people do that, it means you're able to act on the feelings more easily.

• No, guys are so obvious. I know long before they're ready. When they tell me, I try to act surprised though. It's still exciting for someone to reveal their feelings :)

• No, I don't feel that way. That can help my thoughts out in the long run. It can stop my mind from contemplating whether or not someone is feeling a certain way.

• Ruins the mystery? Lol I hate mystery. I rather know their feelings. I'm not a mind reader and I have a good feeling that their definition is different from mine, I rather it all laid out on the table

• It's still early on to know of any interest, but only one way to find out right?

• Yea when I was 12 😂😊

• No, I don't believe that. I like to know things.

• I personally don't feel like that.. but I know people who do

• Nope since it's good to know. Plus having anyone tell you how they feel rally makes them happy. :)

• Nope, unless I don't like them that way.

• I'm with @CHARismatic on this one.

• no not at all! kind of makes it easier to be honest. No one is playing the guessing game.

• yep that is what happened with me.

• Yes, you I kind of want to know but at the same time you like to keep it a secret

• why keep it a secret?

• Yeah mainly it's most popular with young people

• it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt... i been there

What Guys Said 7

• If a proposed feeling is truly a feeling, and not merely an obsession of sorts, there can be no harm had by bringing it to the surface. By example, if I were to pinch a deserved prize-winning specimen of a loaf, my chances for receiving my prize would not be deminished by presenting a picture of said loaf on the cover of Legendary Loaves Magazine, but would instead be enhanced. Though a loaf is not per se a feeling, one can of course develop strong feelings for it, given that a perceived benefit of some kind is at stake.

• Not really no, besides there is more to the mystery then the feelings, like the kind of person someone is, understanding them, seeing the real them, etc. Even when that mystery is gone there is plenty of other stuff.

• Not at all. I don't want that kind of mystery. I wanna know how she feels about me. The sooner she tells me, the sooner we can be together.

• That go for you as well? as soon as you feel things you reveal it as soon as you can?

• I'll start talking to her and from if I can sense that she likes me, I'll then ask her for a date, but I won't tell her my feelings for her yet.
      Instead of "asking for a date", I'll probably just ask her to hang out.

• hmm nice

• Nah, i think it's good to be transparent about who you are to avoid wasted energy/time dating a possible mismatch.

• Mystery is good as long as you they believe they can unravel it. If not, they give up.

• No. SMH

That is a bad question, and you should feel bad for asking it.

• I prefer a different type of mystery. I would rather that my freinds tell me that she likes me and ruin the surprise because of how awquard and potentially friend ruining confronting her is.