Why do white American guys feel they can approach black girls?

Its weird. I am from Trinidad and I just transferred to a American school in south carolinas. These 2 white guys just started talking to me and complimenting me and I was just like "uhh what." They dont do that where i am from. With my peers it is actually considered disrespectful for white men to approach black women. Not all trinidad just the ones i know. Why is it different in america. I turned one of the boys down though so i told him i didn't like baseball (he plays baseball). I really do hate baseball. lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• They getting bold 😭 If I see a white boy with a black girl, we fightin on sight. Jkjk. I love black women though, I don't wanna share with other races. 😑😒

• Black guys date everyone, sometimes we don't wanna share either. Lol.

• @MissMc3 lol yeah. Us and white guys don't even find each other attractive. Haha.

• White guys don't even find each other attractive? What, are you talking about homosexuals now? You seem to be off course

Most Helpful Girl

• Because this is America and we do what we want.

Get over it. Get used to it. Assimilate.

Men approach women. White men approach women. Despite what the tabloids will have you believe, white guys aren't all racist. And especially where you're at (in the Southern states) the racial layout is much more diverse than in other areas of the country. Up by me it's extremely dominated by Caucasians with other races living on the other side of the state. But by you it's more mixed. And guys don't separate out their dating pool by skin color. They separate it by penises and vaginas.

And if you're packing the kind of genitalia they're interested in then sorry, sister, but they're gonna approach you and try to be your friend and ask you on dates and treat you to dinner and try to wine and dine you and make you their girlfriend. Heck, one day in the next decade or so, a white guy might actually want to make you his wife and give you children and respect you as his equal and you're just going to have to get used to that idea.

You're allowed to say no to a date but you're not allowed to be a bitch about it.

Welcome to America.

What Guys Said 33

• It's becoming fashionable among all civilized members of the human race to interact with others on the basis of common interests rather than a racist agenda. I hope you'll join us. ; - )

• ""With my peers it is actually considered disrespectful for white men to approach black women.""

How racist.

• don't worry. once people see that you're a bigot who thinks people from lesser races should not feel entitled to simply talk to you as if they're people too, I'm sure you'll be left. Alone.

• I don't feel entitled. Its just new to me, sir.

• really? because it sounds incredibly like how a racist white person would sound, complaining about 2 black people feeling they had the right to just approach and talk to them, in the 1950s.

• There is nothing wrong with approaching the person you feel attracted to. Race doesn't matter. Plenty of interracial couples out there. If they like each other then let them be happy. It's not a crime. It doesn't hurt anyone. I'm white and in my high school years I was friends mostly with black girls. I seemed to attract them most which got me more attracted to them. Nothing wrong or bad about that. Different cultures, societies, and religions exist which can make a difference. But I don't see anything wrong with interracial couples.

• Well I could be wrong but Loving v. Virginia struck down the ban on interracial marriage and all that in 1967 (yeah your eyes aren't fooling you it really took until 1967) so people generally feel like they can date people of varying skin tones now.

We also can use the same restaurants and bathrooms now and we can sit anywhere we want on the bus so we interact with each other a lot more. It's a beautiful new day in America.

• Because there's nothing wrong with it.

• Yes , white guys should know their place , right?

• Question, if a white guy approaches a black girl he is seen as disrespecting black men but if a black guy approaches a white girl it's not seen as disrespecting white men?

Anyway, around these parts, anyone can approach anyone. It's not the 1970's anymore. America is supposed to be a melting pot culture and thus, no person is confined to his or her own race. We all share identical blood and DNA. It's not like we come from separate areas in the Homo Genus.

• well welcome to a developed nation. we dont do stuff like the shit hole you're from

• Trinidadians do tend to have a racial status- class ideology that they are obsessed with. Over there the light skinned Indians and Asians tend to be favored more, so yes it is as a result of her background

• Why is it disrespectful only for a white guy? That's a really strange and openly racist culture culture.

In North America, blacks love white pll for dating

U seem racist but honest. I like it... in America people pretend not to be racist but everything is shown in their lives and in secret.

• Cultural difference I suppose? here in the states it is perfectly feasible for any race to approach another race without the worry of coming off as disrespectful, rude and the like. And no offense to you but your mindset is rather racist.

• Is that a crime?

• Lol no.

• The way you worded your question made it sound like white guys don't deserve your attention or something lol

• I think they are likely just trying to be friendly and are unaware of your customs. If it is of bother to you, then perhaps get a t-shirt made while you are visiting the US that says it is inappropriate.

• Is it 'disrespectful' the other way around, too?

• Go home to your shithole if you want to live by your shithole's racist traditions. We're Americans and in America we talk to whoever we damn well please regardless of what color they are. Deal or GTFO.

• because in western civilisation itΒ΄s totally fine to do that xD whe are conditioned not to be racists. that includes approaching other races.

• In America, contrary to what the media elites would like you to believe, we generally don't judge a person by the color of his or her skin and most people wouldn't consider it a sign of disrespect for a white man to approach a black woman. The question I would ask you is, why is this considered disrespectful in your home country?

• LOL you're fucking racist as hell.

• Uhhhh, I really don't see what's wrong with that.

• Why is it different in America?

Because we've come along farther as a country then I guess

• welcome to 2016 the racial dogmas of the past are going more and more away evey decade, try to keep up :P

• Equality I suppose.

• don't worry, they probably just thought you'd be an easy lay

• She's probably still in Trinidad.

• So in Trinidad black men don't approach white women?

• No, they do. It's just seen as rude if a white man does it to black women because it means white men have no respect for black men.

• Well, you're not in Trinidad anymore. Anyone can approach anyone here. If you're not comfortable with that, there is always Trinidad...

• But it is ok for black men to be disrespectful toward white women?

• The US doesn't have racial boundaries.

• I guess it's a little different in America. Race doesn't influence who you talk as it might in Trinidad. Try to be a little more open to different people

• lol because its America haha that way of thinking is old school. so get there and meet some white guys or Mexican or Asian or anyone else you fell attracted to :)

• I'm surprised. I thought Americans were among the most uptight about white guys and black girls. Seems more natural in say Europe.

• How dare they treat you like everybody else.

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 17

• If someone finds u attractive wtf would this be wrong. I call bullshit on our behalf! Shit like this is why people are scarred to ask people outside of their race out because u are influenced by what ur bigotted friend's/fam would think. Nah u don't have to say yes to every white boy, Latino or whatever but don't be so... ehhhh about it either. Your peer's are unconsciously racist. Get new friend's kid.

• Lol. I'm not saying anything is wrong with it, I'm just curious.

• When my grandpa's (one European, fresh off the boat... the other half Osage-Caddo) acknowledged my grandma's this wasn't seen as rude or disrespectful... and this was a generation neither me nor you will ever understand back then. Be open minded is all I'm saying.

• It doesn't matter about ur wealth, ur education, ur past ur religion, ur weight, race or skin tone... if someone deems u attractive and wants to invest time into you... there is nothing wrong with this, be happy you're getting attention so young.. the rest of us are older than you and can't even get past the talking stage.

• Are they not allowed? What is this 1950?

• uhmmm... who the fuck do u think u are lol?

• I am also from the Caribbean and I think you should have phrased your question differently. Anyways I am black, and I live in the Caribbean and I have had two white bfs, my current boyfriend is white. The thing is interracial relationships as uncommon as they may seem, exist. In biology it takes a male and a female to procreate, our entire reproductive system and parts of our brains are wired that way. Therefore, if a guy sees a lady he is interested in, be it white or black, and regardless of his race, once he is confident enough he will speak to her.

I think you should widen your perspectives some more, you are living in a multi-racial/ multi-cultural environment, it is okay to speak to white guys or guys at all from any other race but yours. However, just let them know you are from a different cultural background and as such, things are done a bit different. It always helps to communicate effectively.

• They're trying to do this post-racism thing where anyone can be associated with anyone, regardless of their skin colour.

• Oh wow, how dare a white guy approach you? Please, get over yourself girly, you ain't special. Like damn I didn't know BeyoncΓ© died and made you queen of the world.
    thatgrapejuice.net/.../...e-that-grape-juice-2.jpg

• Because why not?

• Because interracial dating is not a crime.

• Interesting, because 22% of Trinidadians have mixed parentage

Also, one of my closest friends has a French father and a Trinidadian mother. I

• its different cuz in america we dont usually think "the girl is X race, i can't approach her." u are allowed to approach any race. someones when u know someone is more religious by what they say or maybe if she wears a headscarf it may make people see limits but not based on race alone.

• guys feel like they can approach any girl. don't take it too personally. that's just how mating works.

• I have a feeling they thought they could work their charm on you like they have done to others to get laid

• In America, it's considered nice for people to give you positive attention. As long as they don't touch you, say sexual things about you, or try to stuff you in their car and take you to their house then it's ok lol you'll learn eventually

• Damn, glad you reminded me - hope there is enough air in the trunk for her. Gotta go...

• The US is more diverse. I dont see anything wrong with liking a guy of a different race.

• wtf you are being surreal 😂

• Sounds like your a little racist!

• Lol Why do black girls think certain ethnicities can't approach them?

Although you have a point, if a black guy approached me I'd be so pissed.

• U before be glad any man approached u, with that ugly ass attitude! You're probably miserable already beating up your keyboard like a damn fool.

• @Afro-dite9 Again, made no sense πŸ˜‚