Do you think the Falkland islands belong more to Britain or Argentina?

Do you think the Falkland islands belong more to Britain or Argentina?

• Britain
    42% (5)67% (20)60% (25)Vote
  • Argentina
    58% (7)33% (10)40% (17)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
3|20

Most Helpful Girl

• closer to argentina... it should be theirs.. britts already have enough colonies

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• I don't honestly know enough about this to give a valid opinion. 😞
    Physical proximity doesn't necessarily mean you're more alike in culture and ideas though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Britain.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 19

• Give it to the penguins.

2|1
    0|0
  • Ideally it should be Argentina. But it's kinda too late for that. The people themselves identify as British as far as I know. I think it would suck taking a group of Brits and just handing them over to another country. It's just one of those things that's a bad situation with no solution that's acceptable to all.

0|0
    0|0
    • "Taking a group of Brits and just handing them over..." is pretty much exactly what happened in Hong Kong in 1996. That was a peaceful transition.

• The people that live there identify as British so...

1|3
    0|0
  • The last thing I am is a fan of imperialism, but the people who were already living there when Argentina formally claimed it wanted to be British, so what can you do? Leave them be. The war was stupid, over a stupid little island (no offense). And won't it sink in to the sea, anyway, after the oceans rise?

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't start this sort of thing chief. This is like going up to Hutus and asking them if they'd prefer to cut up watermelons or people.

0|1
    0|0
  • Whoever claimed it first.

0|0
    0|0
  • The residents were given a choice whether or not to remain British. They voted 99.8% in favour of it.

0|0
    0|0
    • well they got British ancestry no surprise there

• So do Australians, Canadians and New Zealanders, they were given the same choice and have all chosen not to be British. Let's imagine the Falklands became an independent nation, what then? It wouldn't change the fact the people living there don't want to become part of Argentina.

• On the Falkland Islands, they raise sheep, speak English and have buttered scones for tea. Argentina, being so close to the Falklands, has every bit as much right to them as the US does to Cuba.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's ours, we have had it for over 180 years, it's ours and we fought a war to keep it, fuck argentina.

0|0
    0|0
    • that is like Argentina claiming the isle of man

• Show All
    • so might makes right?

• Damn right.

• Honestly I don't know why anyone wants them.
    They are a couple of sub-antarctic islands in the middle of nowhere with no real natural resources.
    Why would anyone want to live there?

0|0
    0|0
    • Sheep farming and for strategic purposes

• What Strategic purposes, they are in the middle of nowhere.
      And why on earth would you want to farm sheep there

• Southern Atlantic base and close proximity to south america

• The Islanders voted to stay British, so it stays British.

0|0
    0|0
  • neither - they 'belong' to the people who live on them...

Interestingly, there's a higher percentage of people those DNA is 'European' in Argentina than there is in England...

0|0
    0|0
  • The people are British, the colony is British.
    It's British.

0|0
    0|0
  • It should be for Argentina, sadly England prefer to still act like an empire.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know much about this. I say Britain.

0|0
    0|0
  • It belongs to Argentina by every right, it was invaded.

0|0
    0|0
  • Argentina would claim the Moon if they could get there.

0|0
    0|0
  • https://youtu.be/eVzBcIXJXTo

Britain she's their queen too

0|0
    0|0
  • Legally Britain but tgey should probably just give them back as they already have enough colonies

0|0
    0|0
    • Always good to have more and most of our colonies are gone.

• Just because they turned into commonwealth country doesn't mean that there gone And having wars where a 1000 people die for a island of 3000 people is kind of stupid when all they want them for is oilfields