Why are people more sympathetic towards animals rather than humans?

People are always readily available to help animals, give them a home, fund for them, and we always see it on tv, commercials or ads. But when it comes to poor children sufferin in third work countries people seem to turn a blind eye. Why is that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Post industrial nations generally have less children per couple, due to education. As a result they generally have little to no sympathy for people who have 7 kids and can't manage to feed them. Being educated they know that it is difficult to properly care for, raise, and educated 7 children so they avoid that in that situation in the first place. Pre industrial and transitioning economies tend to have but loads of kids to work hard labor on farms and in sweatshops or coal mines. In India it's primarily cultural due to marrying women off to other families and needing several sons to care for a couple in older age. So Westerners think it's foolish and irresponsible (which it is), and no shits are given.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe because for them animals require less from them eg emotions time money and even social political and economic change.

Most people don't want to deal with the stress or repercussions of holding their governments societies or own self to account for injustices against other humans eg through illegal wars which cause immense suffering whereas taking in a stray dog or cat is less demanding and easier to provide for than an abused or orphaned child which would be a bigger burden as they may see it.

What Guys Said 3

• Probably because most people are hurt by other humans. So detach themselves. I know I've been hurt by every human I ever trusted.

So love animals as they give me unconditional love. Xx

• Only "sensitive" libtards full of pathological altruism do that. I have met plenty. And of course 9 out of 10 women.

• Disney brainwashing movues.

What Girls Said 1

• Animals can't hurt the way humans sometimes hurt humans, that's why some people are like that