Your thoughts of the EUROPEAN migrant crisis?

As a Brit the crisis remains a strong talking point over dinner with the family and with friends at University.

I'm not exactly sure where I stand in regards to it, but it does appear that most of the male migrants are nothing more than economic.

More than 1 000 000 migrants have crossed Europe in 2015 with a further "135,711 people reaching Europe by sea since the start of 2016, according to the UNHCR." (BBC News)

The UK has already welcomed 100 000. Germany 500 000 and Sweden 300 000

Sweden is already seriously struggling with the influx of immigration. It has lost contact with hundreds of thousands of immigrants already and is now preventing their own people from talking about it. Not to mention boys and girl being raped in swimming pools and young women being targeted during the Christmas period (Koln).

What are your personal thoughts... no matter how controversial.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wish they would all piss off and leave the UK alone. They make me literally want to vomit. I live in W1 and I am sick to death of people begging, sleeping in shop doorways, pitching tents in our parks and being hostile towards. They are bleeding us dry left, right and centre and, even more dangerously, they will start to marry here, have children here, gain passports and blend into society. They will start as they always do at the outer edges of society - in the so-called less privileged areas - before starting their climb up the social and economic ladder. They should have their passports stamped and be allowed to stay for a maximum of 3 years and then they should be turfed out for the next 10 years. That fucking Angela Merkel is the heathen to blame for this and she should have them all shipped to Germany to do whatever she wants with them.

They should leave the UK, take their fucking awful children children with them and NEVER RETURN. Sorry but I am seriously angry at all of these fucking Eastern Europeans flooding the UK and opening pastry shops. Thankfully, I don't have to live with them or live around them because they can't afford where we live but I still have to endure their presence and knowing yet more are still likely to arrive. We need to leave the EU IMMEDIATELY and ship them all back to whence they came. Thank good David Cameron is in Government otherwise we would have lefty social softies allowing goodness knows who else in. We're being invaded 24/7 365 and it's got to stop.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a major problem. I can understand the people going to Europe to get a better life for them and their families as anyone in the world would look at moving if their country was not good. However, at the same time Europe has to protect their own to. Europe can't take them all, it just can't. There has to be a limit and I think Europe has got to that limit now. Look at Sweden for example, they are having major problems. I don't think other European countries would have been too happy about Croatia giving them access across Croatia to get to other European countries.

• Also I agree with a if you do something wrong in the country you go to then you are sent back to your home country rule.

• Thank you for MHA.

I think it is very hard for people of such different social, political and religious backgrounds to live together, but it is possible ( according to this theory http://planetaryproject.com/culture/sintez/ ). I think it mostly depends on desire of immigrants and politic of government.

What Girls Said 7

• I laughed when my boyfriend told me that anyone going to portugal. They would get there and then leave asap. :D So I don't have to worry about him running into any kind of trouble or violence.

Honestly I would have to say with males making up more than half of the refugees going there. I don't see how European chicks aren't scared shirtless. I would be paranoid out of my mind and walk around with some kind of heavy/blunt object to use to knock those dudes out when they try to attack you. The whole new years eve thing is even more disturbing.

Europe truly needs to kick them out and close the boarders. Since it sounds like within a year or 2 every country in the EU is going to fall hard core.

• I think a lot of people here have the same opinion. We want to help the real refugees and the economical immigrants should get the fuck out. I mean, I understand countries like Somalia, Afghanistan etc are total shit as well and I would never live there, but we can't take in all these people.
    I think the solution lays in Turkey. They had an discussion today with Turkey and I hope it will work out well.
    I also think they should be way more strict with the refugees. If they attack traffic in Calais they should get the fuck out immediately. Anything illegal, one strike and they should go back. At least if they don't have asylum yet.
    I also think that the beaches in Greece should be watched or something for boats and receive the boat, give them all they need to go straight back where they came from so the reward won't be there anymore to take the risk.
    There should be taken action soon, because I know already when summer comes, shit will burst and I'll be worried that if I go to a festival in Belgium I'll be a victim of an attack.

• I read Turkey is willing to accept all the refugees in Europe at the moment, count them and separate economic migrants from real refugees, then they would send us just the real ones, and send the others back to their countries. They would also enforce more control on the borders preventing people from going in. But what Turkey wants in exchange is about 5 billion euros, turkish people not needing a visa to enter european union, turkey entering the EU soon and the worst is that they also want to stay able to censor their media and stay at war against the kurds. I really want this to be over but damn I don't want Turkey in the EU...

• @Zouckwor almost right. I saw it yesterday on the news. They want:
      - 6 billion euros
      - Turkish people not needing a visa to enter Europe
      - Europe taking back the real refugees.
      However, the prime minister from Turkey did mention Turkey entering the EU, but it was not part of the deal.
      I think it's okay if only west Turkey would enter the EU and that they would separate into two countries, but unfortunately that's not possible.

• Many migrants have been getting fake Syrian passports. So the numbers that are actually coming from Syria could be a lot less than what the chart shows.

I spoke with a man from Iraq last September who told me two of his brothers were debating whether to go to Denmark, Germany, or Sweden after they had arrived in Turkey. That screamed "economic migrant" to me. Genuine refugees don't "debate" where to go.

With these in mind, european governments should do a better job checking who gets in. Unchecked migration has led to disastrous results. No only has gang rape gone up, significant percentages of migrants are demanding that europeans assimilate to the same backwards culture they "escaped" from.

• It won't last. It's temporary before they will relocated to other countries. They won't be able to survive in a western country where their values and culture is different from theirs. 1. They could be killed [ if they don't stop with this rapist behaviour ] by the Nazis and right wing movements. 2. Relocated to another country. 3. Just go back home because they can never conform or assimilated in a different environment.

• That's what they said about the people who showed up in the 1960s... I'm putting my money on lots of "left-wing" people waking up and smelling the coffee of what they helped happen. Rape, murder, violence, robbery, etc. They just ride their high horses from inside their gated communities. Now that it's everywhere, it's hard to censor and whitewash what it's really like.

• Mo need to cry foul cos 1 million is nothing compared to the economic refugees from poland, ukraine and poor eastern countries migrating Canada. So big fucking deal.

• And its germany's problem for not being tough so it ain't my fuckin problem. im here to just give an opinion. Scum people come from all forms and hidden in nice clothing and fake smiles.

• It's a big problem and honestly I think its too late for you to do anything about it. Europe as we know it will cease to exist in the near future.

• I think that if you put someone from a country that has no laws, are allowed to treat women like 2nd class citizens, and allowed to rape and hurt women and get away with it just because their society believes that males are superior, then they are going to act the same way in a country that has boundaries and rules in their society since they never had to follow laws before. And those two do not mix well. If I were running my country, the citizens of my country would be the priority, and I would ensure their safety first, and only allow small amount of immigration, and part of the process to be legal is to know some of the basic laws that make up a country's foundation, such as the Constitution, so they would know that if they violated it, then they would get serious jail time/deportation depending on the severity of the crime.

• I don't want them in my country and in Europe, they should stay in their own country

• Yeah we are bombing their country, we westerners fucked their country with our demand for oil.

• @Waffles731 It's what i said public shop, school and all, it's forbidden to wear hijab outside they own house

• Not in the U. S

What Guys Said 27

• It's a de facto invasion. If you don't believe me watch clips of the angry mobs attacking the Hungarian border fence, or trying to get into Euro tunnel.

Invaders should be repelled with 5.56mm rounds. Little kid's body washed up in the surf? The asshole parents should have stayed at home and raised the kid like decent humans

• Europe is undermining its own security by allowing this invasion. As you noted, most of these people coming in are not refugees, but young male economic migrants in many cases not even from Syria. They are coming from cultures that are antithetical to Western values. (Case in point: They view women and girls as little more than property and obviously feel entitled to commit mass rape and sexual assault, even in public.) Europe is at a crossroads, and it's leaders need to wake up and preserve their civilization.

• The point of refugee laws is not for the migrant to pick and choose where to claim asylum. They want a better life, good luck to them - but when you see thousands of migrants attacking trucks in Calais demanding entrance to England because they don't want to claim asylum in France, you start to think something is wrong.

• My completely honest thought on the matter?

Why the fuck are you asking in the sexual behavior section?

• Balls. I thought I had put in the Society and Culture section :(

• Because they're raping and sexually assaulting women on an absurd scale. Look up the Cologn sexual assaults that happened on New Years.

• @TwentySomething fuck off. I am fully aware of what is happening. Assuming I am ignorant to the rape of the west, the violence inherent in the death cult that is Islam, and the cultural death we face in the name of self imposed white-guilt, forced on us by the self hating elitist that our own ignorant masses keep voting into power.
      So I pointed out that sexual behavior is not where such a question should be asked. Especially because nothing in the question itself asked about the rapes and assault, and merely asked about a concern in general.
      You might notice the asker agreed with me: "Balls. I thought I had put in the Society and Culture section"

lastly, rape and sexual assault are not "sexual behavior," they are crimes of superiority, and invasion tactics.

• Here's my super controversial opinion.
    I believe in patriotism and nationalism. If your country is under attack and you are physically fit enough to fight be you male or female then you must do so. It is your duty not just to your country but to your family, friends and neighbours who all wish to live in peace. This is why I back Assad and believe Europe should either close its borders or train the refugees to make the people fight for their country.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44wUUxus8DY

Assad is no angel but this conflict has shown him that even if he wins he needs to reform the government. He has proposed many times to the so called rebels to include them in a transitional government, to allow for opposition parties to exist, all to end the hostilities. The rebels rejected his offers.

Here's a video from 2012 in it Assad made opposing political parties legal.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=626XAhPNKPE

There was an election in 2014 and Assad won it.

Oh and one more thing. The chemical weapons, were used by the FSA an ally of Al Nusra not Assad.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeJwh2fF_H4

But since that was a video by RT, a Russian propaganda news network I'll provide Western sources as well.
    www.telegraph.co.uk/.../...emical-weapons-use.html
    www.washingtontimes.com/.../

• @QuestionMan
      So what? You don't seem used to international geopolitics.
      Assad didn't use the sarin gas? He could very well have done it.
      Saddam didn't gass the Kurds? He could very well have done it.
      Ghaddafe didn't kill 1300 protesters? He could very well have done it.
      Allende wasn't a communist? He could very well have been one.
      The important point is that Assad, Saddam, Ghaddafe, Allende be replaced by people we like better.
      History is written by those who won, not by those who lost.

• @jacquesvol I've started to really hate it when people refer to the crisis in Syria as simply "geopolitics". The world may not be black and white but certain things can be painted as such.
      Western involvement has messed up the Middle East as well as other countries.
      A third power, one that isn't the US or Russia needs to emerge to create balance in this world otherwise we will never have peace. Perhaps a reformed UN but I doubt that will ever happen :(

• @Questionman
      Geopolitics is about controlling the World, thd richest regions. During coloniation we would occupy those regions but bringing puppet regimes like Saddam to power is cheaper.. until we want to change them. Then we need to start an expensive war or revolution there.

• It's quite obviously the exact same thing as when the Hungarian gypsies flew over to Canada and claimed to be "ostracized" but in reality they applied as refugees and political asylum for the free housing and welfare. Then they continued their criminal behavior as they did back in Hungary, which people weren't too happy about.

Obviously Canada eventually figured out and then had them all deported back, and blocked them from entry at the borders and airports.

Hopefully that's what they'll do with the Syrians, otherwise we'll end up in a civil war.

• obviously?

any sane individual realizes syria is the most dangerous country in the world.

• @Waffles731 true. i'd list em as equally dangerous. honduras being more likely to have a personal 1 on 1 confrontation, unlike syria where catching a stray bullet, shrapnel, or being bombed is the serious concern

• @orphan Hungarian gypsies are the cause of most violent crime in Hungary, and also human trafficking and beggar chains. I think the comparison is reasonable.

• This graph shows a lot:

media.economist.com/.../20110625_inc070.gif
    America's wars continue to account for many of the world's refugees: 4.7m originate from Iraq and Afghanistan, almost half the world's total, according to the UNHCR's annual report.
    http://www.economist.com/node/18867622

Don't tell me the Pentagon and Wall Street didn't know what would happen when they US started wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, Yugoslavia, Libya and Syria.
    They're not that dumb.

• Another interesting statistic, 82% of those claiming refugee status are single adult men and a lot of the other 18% are men claiming to by minors (http://www. dailymail. co. uk/news/article-3422000/Just-old-think-migrant-children-Alarming-pictures-shed-light-growing-scandal-amid-asylum-crisis. html).

Call me a cynic, but do you not see It as strange how these people think it safe enough to leave their wives/ children/ mothers or sisters back home while they cross dozens of peaceful countries to stumble upon the nations with the most generous benefit system?

• yes - i need to know why that makes it ok for so many men to leave their family in Pakistan or Sudan and trek through Europe to find the richest nations to claim assylum in...

• Europe is getting fucked, they gotta stop taking people in, they know it's just causing more problems, they gotta stop being "nice", and start looking out for their own people.

• As someone who is German I am of the opinion to not let in a single one of them.

Firstly, war is no reason to grant anyone asylum, there is no law that commands this.

Secondly, Germany has enough own problems likes homelessness or child poverty and already enough foreigners who happen to come from 3rd world countries who don't want to integrate.

Those refugees have no education at all and are illiterate or only have elementary school education. It's naive to expect them to learn German properly, the most difficult Germanic language there is.

Also, there is the danger of some of them being islamist terrorists and there is no way to know that when they cross the border.

The migrant crisis is being used by left-wing parties to destroy the German people and to destroy Germany as a whole...

• I'm gonna say what I've always said you should have never let them in I knew it was a bad idea even before it started happening. What you should have done was relocate and send them to safe zones within the middle east and split the costs between all the countries involved that way the economic strain wouldn't be to hard on any one country.

All I have to say is If you don't get your act together Europe will become overrun and Islam and possibly terrorism will gain a foothold in your nations, civil unrest will continue to be a major issue all over Europe and get much worse. I mean you already got sharia patrols becoming a problem and harassing people in England.

• I really think this is what European Governments brought upon their people. It may sound harsh but any one with a sense of mind had knew that this what will things will come up to, and am not talking about syria war only I'm talking about the Iraq war before and Afghanistan. I think to be honest with you it's Europe who is paying the ultimate price for the US Governments greedy for the oil.

• I know it's not Europe but...

Here in Vancouver, Canada, there is apparently an issue with the migrants vandalizing churches. I don't terribly give a fuck about the churches but I do care about vandalism and essentially inciting violence, especially when we are trying to help them. Moreover there was recently a migrant here who decided to openly defecate in a public area. But hey! Some of us said... "Don't let them in!". Countries outlying to Syria are more than capable of taking in the migrants, into conditions that are more congruent with their lifestyle. So I don't know why there are coming here...

• XD I'm sorry man your name is pure gold I can't stop laughing

• We're leaving the EU soon anyway. Let Merkel sort out her own mess she created when she flung open the doors to all and sundry. A refugee is someone who flees to the nearest safe haven for a while in fear of their lives, not someone who transits across a continent to reach the richest countries. I don't have a problem with refugees, I do have a problem when economic migrants trying to sneak in under the guise of refugees.

• We're voting to leave Europe, not the world. The same global tides which bash against us today will still hit us if we vote out. If anything, stopping working with our neighbours will make it worse, as we'll no longer be able to stop the migrants in France.

• @Mustachekitteh That's called fearmongering.

The UK is one of the most powerful and influential countries in the EU. France and Germany are just scared.

• @Mustachekitteh I can see the point the French have - the migrants don't want to be in France - they've spent millions building shelters but they still don't want to register. If I were French would I want to have them in my country with all the theft, rape, violence which tens of thousands of single muslim men with no money bring? No, I'd look the other way as they jumped onto a lorry - problem solved.

• it's sad that over 500 million people can't take care of 1-2 million refugees. that we don't give them a legal way to ask for asylum from there countries so they don't have to take those dangerous routes, that some countries refuse to take any refugees only based on their religion, etc.

this wouldn't have to be a crisis

• They're a bunch of dumb sand bunnies. They need to come to the States, we will teach them how societies work and how we treat women in the West, the EU is too cuckold. They can come over here and open a few kebab shops.

Switzerland isn't in the EU and isn't accepting migrants, so I'm not sure why that's on the map.

• I don't know if that's a good thing. Since they might have a better chance of getting guns here.

• @Mustachekitteh They'll come over here and be friendly as ever, - most don't have angst towards the west, but when they are granted permissible entitlements that fall through and scowled at, like in Europe, and they're permitted to open their own settlements, that's when we have an issue.

A radicalized islamist will have a much easier time getting guns and bombs in Europe, trust me, I lived there.

• Who and why are boys and girls being raped by whom that's sickening to me. & women attacked for what reason by who? I'm from new jersey by the way I haven't kept up on BBC lately so I don't know a thing.

• So everyone runs away from Syria... leaving Syria empty? Then what? The war ends by default?

• I always groan when someone from Europe says that they are struggling under immigrants.
    If it was up to me, western nations would be forced to accept these people.
    God knows we westerners can actually afford to take them

• They could also afford to take care of themselves if they hadn't ruined their own social environment with their own culture that they BROUGHT here and EXPECT TO FOLLOW here, not realizing that's what made the shithole they're so desperately trying to leave!

• @Mesonfielde Western bombs and arms ruined their social environment and their culture.
      Most Afghans don't even know WHY the NATO is bombing them.
      Read this: Survey Reveals 92 Percent of Young Afghan Men Have Never Heard of 9/11 www.foxnews.com/.../...en-have-never-heard-11.html

Just try to imagine living in Afghanistan and getting the complete NATO over you because of something you even didn't know that happened. What would YOU feel and do?

• @jacquesvol probably not try to get past the borders attempting to knife guards to death? Some liveleak videos indicate that's quite common.

• "The crisis remains a strong talking point over dinner."
    I giggled so much that phlegm came out.

• Sounds like a perfect opportunity to call all Europeans racist because people from over the "border" are looking for work and better living standards. Why is there so much racism in Europe. You guys really need to work on that shit.

• Work on your own shit and leave us Europeans alone. We are sick to death of these economic migrants looking for better living and working conditions and flooding the UK. Stay in your own country and work on making that better.

• @Mustachekitteh Yeah there was a huge increase in the number of street gangs in the 1980s, tons of gun crime, drug trafficking, etc. You had racial divides in urban areas Spanish gangs, black gangs, and white gangs divided in prison and on the streets.

• @Mustachekitteh The 1990s pretty much had the highest homicide rates in history.

• Believe me , Europe will turn to middle east , there will be car bombings everywhere, sucide attacks cutting heads etc. That's all becoz of shitty assholic Arab migrants.

• All of them need to go back ASAP.

• Ok you know why there are lot of migrants now? Because the us nato war to Egypt Libya Syria Afghanistan. You know who made war on Syria? It's not rebels! Us government and Saudi will have benefits if president assad step down so they create all the terrorists to step assad down but they can't.

• Obviously they to man the fuck up, use their strength and common sense, stop the immigration and kick them out somewhere else, cause 50m is more than enough and it ain't getting better if they keep coming.

• I personally think we need to stop bringing in so many refugees in to Europe. Sweden in particular is now considered 'the rape capital of the west' because of Islamic migration to Europe. Sweden is already done for anyway, especially the fact that it is so liberal, the people are protecting them. Therefore, allowing the migrants to overtake Western laws and society.

Makes me ashamed to be European.

• Germany's only answer is to remove Merkel and support a strong nationalist/fascist movement (yep, that's what I mean) that will involve quarantine and removal, just no death camps. Sharia law is incompatible with the west and the "refugees" will never assimilate. Round them up and expel them. What Germany does, Sweden, and Hungary should follow. The alternative is an end to Europe as we know it replaced by a lawless 3rd world hell hole amidst crumbling grandeur. Detractors will flame me and GAG will probably delete this because YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

• As a black American that has never set foot in Europe... it is alarming what is happening there with all this unchecked immigration (similar to what is happening in the United States).

All these nations need stricter border patrol to protect its citizens and its culture.

What is most alarming is that these "refugees" are fleeing to the European nations with the most social welfare to exploit their economies. :-/

• What is most alarming is that these "refugees" are fleeing here to Europe with a desire to turn us into exactly the type of society which failed so horrifically causing them to pack themselves into rickety little boats in the first place!