What's your favourite childhood memory?

What's your favourite childhood memory?

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess I would have to say fishing on Sundays with my family. We would get all our chores done on Saturday and head out early on Sunday mornings. We would fish all morning and then go to some of the islands in Georgian Bay and picnic, swim, snorkel, hike/explore, sometimes SCUBA dive.

Most Helpful Girl

• Our Last Adventure
    I remember this time, it was after we'd moved to Ontario, but we'd gone back to Lunenburg to see Bapcha.. You got me up so early in the morning, it was still dark and foggy out.. With that smile you always had for me, you told me to get dressed quickly and quietly, it was time for an adventure...

You lifted me into our truck, then you climbed in, flashed me another smile, trying to turn my apprehension into excitement.. and let the truck start to roll down the hill.. I'm really not sure how long we drove for, I fell asleep, but when I woke the sun was up and you were parking the truck, near the water..

I asked you where we were, "Digby" you said.. Why I asked.. "Why? For your adventure my little Betwyn!" you laughed... picking me up and carrying me on your shoulders.. Down to the water front and onto a boat we went.. I hadn't been on a boat since we'd left Nova Scotia, the wind, the water's spray wetting my hair, even now, thinking back on it, I can feel my soul rejoice and soar...

The boat pushed on for so long, to me, this was an adventure all in itself.. but suddenly the captain killed the engine, and we slowed, drifting... You grasped my shoulder, turning me to the port side.. and there, rising out of the water like some long lost behemoth, was the humpback whale.. So huge, so close, it could easily have its way with our boat.. But he was content to play, to perform for us.. lifting his head straight up, what the captain called skyhopping.. He'd lift up, and fall over on one side, seemingly waving at us.. and then he disappeared for a few mins, only to almost surface on the starboard side, between us and the shore, but diving down so only his tail broke the surface, in a final wave goodbye...

I don't know why I buried this memory... I don't know why it came back to me tonight... and I wonder, did you know, even then, what was going to happen? is that why we made the trip? I guess I'll never know.. but for now on, I'll always hold on to, the memory of...

Our last adventure...

What Guys Said 3

• It is not quite a childhood memory but the one that springs to mind is on Sunday afternoons when I was in university, my friends and I got into the habit of playing football tennis on the road outside my house. Bear in mind I was about 20 at the time but a decision went against me and an argument ensued which ended with me picking up the ball saying "It's my ball and I am going home" . My friends had to call into the house to get the ball of my dad. I was ribbed about that for years afterwards.

• when I reached the full amount in the back to get all the natwest pigs

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2