Will someone get killed if you throw rapidly a small sharp object (apart from a bullet) to him/her and gets through his/her skin?

Since a bullet can kill someone... which's a small but sharp object... if ya throw a dart as quick as a bullet goes for example... which's small and has a sharp edge... will it kill someone?

• Yes...
  • No...

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure, it's possible. If it's fast enough and goes deep enough to hit something vital, then a person could be seriously injured or die unfortunately.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hypothectically yes, but you could never throw something fast enough to cause that kind of damage. Bullets travel at 800-3500 fps, the fastest anybody would be able to throw would be around 150 fps.

What Girls Said 3

• If it goes deep enough and hits a vital organ, then I suppose so.

• why are you thinking about this?

• I don't plan to kill anyone...

• Yeah, depending on where you hit them and how fast you throw.

What Guys Said 1

• Such as throwing a blade or a knife? Or a spear or a lance? Yea, that's been possible, and I'm sure they had all happened in past wars in the times of ancient civilizations. Ok, maybe they were larger.

If a rock thrown at someone can be deadly, then what makes you think a small "sharp" object would not otherwise?

It also depends where that object struck someone?

Is it in the head, throat or heart locations? If so then that's very likely a deadly blow.