Anybody here like reading or watching things on World War II?

Re-watching the old World at War documentary series and just realize WWII is still a fascinating historical period to read about.

Anyone else like to?

Most Helpful Girl

• I do!!

you should watch the documentary "night will fall", it freaking breaks your heart. I cried most part of it.

super strong... in many ways

• I watched this documentary in a Jewish film festival the last year, urgh so good!

"a film unfinished" 2010

night will fall is from 2014 I think, Helena carter is the narrator

• Very true :)

I'll try to find a good book about the ww2

Most Helpful Guy

• yes !!!

I'm kind of fascinated with doing research on the 3rd Reich and outlining all the positive aspects it had - in contrast to everybody who cries about how "terrible" it was. I am German by the way.

History is written by the victor after all and new things will only be discovered on the path where there's never anyone walked upon before.

What Girls Said 4

• Anything to do with history I will love to read and watch about them. So world war 2 is one of the things I will watch.

• No.. Can't say

• Really? shocking!

• Oh but I am very much.. Like I said not the mechanical aspects of it, but rather undrestanding the specifics of that period.

• yes i am as well

• Veru much. Both nonfictional and fictional. I loved the book theif.

• that movie is life...

• @WhatTheHellAmy
      It is the best movie I ever watched in my life. But in a written novel! The picturing is yours, your imagination takes you there and makes it way better. By the way. Human is a book, and Death is the book theif. That's what you find behind the title

• @Sonoflife Yeah, it's ana amazing movie, one of my favorites for sure.

Well, I gotta read that novel ASAP :D

• I watched the documentary on anne frank or read some stuff

What Guys Said 11

• I'm into it big time

• Got a favorite book movie or documentary on the subject?

• Very nice, there a book on it you are reading?

• No just the internet. I learned the p40 performed better than I had always been led to believe. The Russians considered it to be the equivalent of a BF109E

• I do! Haven't had much time lately though :-(

• definitely. it's one those wars with interesting characters/leaders, motivations, great battles, terrible atrocities, incredible innovations, etc, etc, etc.

• No, history tends to bore the hell out of me.

• Yes. I am fascinated by it. I am especially a fan of reading about the development and service of various types of aircraft and ships. There are so many beyond the half dozen or so that everyone sees or hears about in WW2 movies that contributed so much more.

• My grandfather was a medic who was awarded the bronze star for his service in Iwojima. I'm particular interested in the eastern front of the war because of that.

• I love history so I do enjoy watching stuff about ww2.

• I don't know. I don't like reading so I watch documentaries, but I don't remember the names. Sorry.

• SAME

Not the Holocaust but the actual war. Incredible. I like to read about the Pacific because everyone cares so much about the Atlantic and Mediteranean

• hmm that's tough… can I say game?

There's this incredible historic and realistic game about it called War Thunder

• One of the most interesting periods of history. The American Civil War and WW II always fascinated me.

• A lot of good documentaries on the History Channel and the Military Channel. I don't watch the stupid crap like "Hitler's Psychic".

For movies, I like "The Longest Day", an old (in B&W) movie but with a lot of big names and fairly factual. "Saving Private Ryan" was good, and (another old one) "Patton".

I also read "Maus" last year. A graphic novel depicting the artist's father's experience as a Polish Jew in WW II.

• Awesome i have and like all those movies you mentioned and also have maus

• I can watch Band of Brothers over and over again... I really like the character development.

• How about The Pacific?

• I haven't seen it, but maybe I will start watching it. My Grand Uncle was at Pearl Harbor on a ship when the Japanese invaded and he managed to survive. Cancer got him in the end...

• Ok just keep in mind its a bit different from band of brothers. the pacific follows just three soldiers in that theatre and they are separate.

• I love it sooo much. Very fascinating how could people survive and what they witnessed

• I watched a documentry series called Apocalypse.
      It's woooow.
      You may find it on utube