Do you have an irrational fear or phobia?

Just curious :) Thanks in advance for sharing!

Most Helpful Guy

• Two dogs attacked me when i was 10-12 years old, one of them bit me very close to my neck. I am 23 now and i donĀ“t feel comfortable when i hug people, they get too close to it. Watching vampire movies are a terrible idea... i get urges to cover my neck with my hands and end up holding my breath at bite scenes.
    Go figure, but it sure is quite irrational, i know :)

Most Helpful Girl

• my biggest fear is fire. and spiders. any bug in general actually. I'm even afraid of butterflies. it sounds stupid, i know. but there's just something about bugs that terrifies me.
    and when i was little, whenever i would have a bath I'd fear that a shark would somehow make its way up the drain of my bathtub and eat me. i guess i had a wild imagination as a kid, haha.

What Guys Said 21

• I have a phobia of wheel gap.
    s3.amazonaws.com/.../wheel.jpg
    Seriously, why the fuck is it even there? It just looks rank. Hate it. Bleghh.

• Yeah, I don't like knives and fire.

• I'm right there with you, I used a butter knife for almost everything up until a couple months ago lol :p

• Yeah, usually it's how it works, but I don't wanna do it just yet xD

• Don't blame you, its hard to make yourself just deal with things like that. Still haven't faced my fire fear though, I'll get comfortable with knives then work on that

• well I have social anxiety so there's that... I also hate flying even though I know it's much safer than travelling by car.

• Does perfectionism count? 😕 lol
    I guess I don't have any of the types of fear you're referring to, none come to mind. What about you?

• Haha well sadly I'm afraid of several things, knives, fire, spiders, parasites, germs, (I'm really weird about heights), tornadoes, responsibility lol some of these more so than others though.

• Thanks. Same for your fears. :)

• Thank you :)

• Large ships. I don't mind sailboats, canoes, or other small boats, but being on or around large ones creeps me out.

• Haha it's understandable but I feel like I'd be the opposite, the smaller the boat the more afraid I'd be :p

• *cut up by propellers

• Hmmm well good point, ok bigger boats are scarier

• Nope I used to but I outgrew or rather got stronger then the thing (s) I was afraid of.

• nah, they're pretty rational:
    spiders
    signs
    i have a 3rd, but i forgot

• I do have a phobia. Yeah.

• A fear of marriage. I get chills thinking about having a person beside me forever. I'm a lone wolf and need my space.

• Yep agree on the marriage thing, not really into that either, at least for now anyway

• I don't think i am afraid of anything anymore.

• i know it's weird but my phobia is "sunday school teachers" :)

• Bees and nukes lol

• This is probably too common, but I really don't like high heights.

• Nope. I'm clean of all stuff like that.

• Nice :) wish I was

• I just put 'em out of their misery.

• Lol i think that's what normal people do

• I'm afraid of failure more than anything else.

• Yeah I'm scared of letting my Girlfriend know how much I like her (:

• no not at all

• Arachnophobia

• I'm scared of white people, but it's not irrational. They have done the most harm to the Earth and people as long as verifiable records show.

• Dogs, I don't like being followed by them.

• Haha I could understand that, actually happened to me yesterday by 2 dogs :p they turned out to be sweet dogs thankfully

• Mice for some reason they scare me more then a grizzly bear for some reason

• Haha that's a pretty good one. I'd probably be more scared of the grizzly though

• Since 2010 only 10 people in north American have been hurt or killed by grizzly bears in that same time 240 000 people were killed traffic accident in the us alone so I'm not to worried

• Well most people don't live in a place where they are likely to run in to one in their daily lives. For the original inhabitants of California, they were a daily health hazard.

What Girls Said 15

• Ummm
    -cockroaches
    - any insect that's not a small ant actually lol
    - The worst was cemeteries. I used to faint only by seing one from afar and would get panic attacks only by seeing them on TV or pictures... I had nightmares about it for around 5 years almost every single night! It all started when I was 9 and decided to pick up a newspaper and read it. There was an article talking about how many people in Iraq had to burry their relatives in their front yards or backyard because of the war ( not enough places in cemeteries and too dangerous to go out and burry them) it traumatized me deeply specially when I saw the picture attached to the article!
    But I completely got over it 3 years ago and I even go for a walk in some of nice historical Parisian cemeteries 😊

• Deep, dark waters is a fear of mine. I love crystal blue oceans and such, but when it gets dark... no thanks.

• - Walking past cars where the driver is sitting in the car

- Walking alone when it's dark outside. I constantly feel like someone is following me even if the streets are EMPTY

- Cats and dogs

• fear of birds. only some birds.

• Spiders.

• Most people have a fear of death... I'm actually morbid lol. however I do fear starfish (so serious) and deep water ( I can't swim)

• tight spaces a bit as well

• very creepy. I'm 5ft 1 so imagine the thing's running through my mind at the pool or beach. I don't go past water after it touches my knees lol. Like i wanna meet jesus but not too soon @smileyface93

• Haha I'm with you on that, wanna meet him but preferably a looong time from now :p

• Dogs
    Clowns
    Drowning

• scared of dogs

• Yeah i am claustrophobic! it sucks...

• Oh i kinda got that too :/

• Yeah, especially when I am in an elevator.. With tons of people!!! Body cringes! What is yours? :)

• Haha I could write a paragraph, mostly common things like spiders, tornadoes, deep water... oh and maybe a little less common... parasites, the thought of them freaks me out lol

• I'm afraid of being murdered or drowning.
    The second has never affected me in any way though. I love swimming and all that jazz.

Nothing irrational though

• Yea I love swimming but I've yet to go in water over my head. I hate the thought of not being able to touch bottom

• I will in a pool, but not even close when it comes tot he ocean! I won't go over waist deep. I went chin deep and as a wave came over my face so did a jellyfish. I barely dodged it.

• Oh yea that'd be scary having a jelly fish almost hit your face

• I'm absolutely terrified of vomitting. Even the word bothers me.

• Lol wouldn't say I'm terrified but I certainly don't like it

• I've had panic attacks before when I was about to throw up and I cry and everything. Not logical at all, but I've been afraid of it as long as I can remember

• Well hopefully things get better for you

• I'm scared of clowns :(

• Fear of throwing up lol

• Im afraid of getting sick and deathly illnesses

• Scared of blood. Really squimish..