What's exactly stopping us from understanding one another?

In my opinion, it's ourselves. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Communication, being biased, culturally and or religiously different sometimes to extremes and the media among other things.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• The society stops us from understanding one another because everybody is so individualized that they can't even talk or say hi to each other. Social media and the media plays a big part in this. Some people think media is true and they believe in false things and end up judging certain people without knowing them.

It kind goes into the direction being ourselves like you said because our stupidity, ego and blindness stops us from understanding someone.

• Our views, we can't give in and we are not open to new opinions. Once we open our minds, we can try to start understanding each other or at least respecting different opinions if we don't wanna change ours.

• Close-mindedness, little interaction with people different from you.

• I need money, I do not need to understand you.
    fools want to understand others,

example, some Muslims say if a women is half naked, then they can rape her.
    why you need to understand them, you only need to cut their heads ((those men's heads) off.

only fools want to understand others,

• I strongly disagree with this. You're generalizing a group and may also be stereo-typing them. Can money buy everything a human soul needs? Also, we believe differently. It's kind of a bit ignorant for you to say things like this. I also don't believe in cruel punishments or death penalties.

• Who are us exactly?

• Dude I've been coding in SQL at work lately, you'd be proud of me DBA man

• @ConsultantIsBack Haha that's awesome! What kind of queries did you write? And dude, I never knew you worked in IT, what do you do?

• Nooo I'm not IT. I'm in consulting but I run lots of queries sometimes to get data to analyze.
      Nothing fancy, just shitloads of joins

• Culture and religion are the biggest factors, I would say

• Jews

• Not nice. >~< It's still a mystery to me how people can find comfort in blaming other people for all the wrong things in life, not even bothering to consider that it might be them or it's just a natural cause of life.

What Girls Said 2

• our differences, our opinions, the way we were bought up, and our mentality.

• Ignorance and not being open minded