GAGgers have you ever gotten into a fight with another member on this site?

Just out of curiousity. I've been seeing it a lot.
Thank you 🤗

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Now @this_is_my_username u know I can't escape the idiot's on this site lmfao. I'm retiring from keyboard battling, i missed From dusk till dawn in the last fight with an internet thug... ehhh about 2 hours ago smh!

• Hah you are hilarious tho. Yr ability to call out bullshit while still making me LMAO is on the next level girl <3

• @redeyemindtricks omg I've seen u calling bullshit as well and I get inspired lol i wanna thank u for putting a few people in place as well #VulcanSalite they love picking a battle and then playing victim later. The good spirit im me Tell's myself not to respond, to be play nice... but the pettiness in me keeps shouting fuck that lol

What Guys Said 38

• 5|2
  • I've been some internet fights, sure. I try and stay away from getting too heated though. It's not worth getting angry over.

Then again, it also depends what you mean by fights. There are different types.

1.) The Good: Engaging in a healthy debate with someone. Expressing personal thoughts with evidence to try and show the other person your view.
    Frequency: Happens quite a bit. I don't mind getting into these when they happen because healthy debates help me out as a person see different views better. These are good for GAG.

2.) The Bad: Engaging in a debate where the person halfway does ad hominem arguments in their opinions. They may stray from the subject material and throw in off topic stuff.
    Frequency: Happens often but not as much as healthy debates in my opinion. I'll respond to any points made in the claim, ignoring ad hominem parts to an extent. I try not to resort to the same level since personal attacks just weaken an argument.

3.) The Ugly: Engaging in a true internet fight that is mostly insults. Anything from name calling (i. e. Moron, idiot, faggot, etc.) to generally insulting responses with no value fall into this.
    Frequency: I've dealt with 3 or 4 people who have done this to me on GAG. I try to defend myself without resorting to insults myself and will report the antagonistic bait posts. I'm not dealing with that crap lol. It is best just to flag and move on after a point.

Ooh and special shoutout to the only person I blocked so far. After some other insults, namecalling, and then deciding to make a rude meme out of my profile pic, he officially made it on to my block list the other day. :D

• Edit: I've been in** some internet fights

• Is there really such thing as a healthy debate though?

• @ikissedtheskyonce I would say so. Healthy debating forces us to give reason to our beliefs, which in turn helps us to not blindly accept things / stay ignorant.
      It also helps people who don't have a side in the matter get a look at both arguments so they can make an informed decision.

(By healthy, I meant someone debating with more so evidence and logic rather than emotions and slurs lol. I believe it can be done)

• I can't count the number of times and the number of people... Im currently in one right now... and the idiot blocked me just so they could get the last say... so i assume i won that one?
    I mean... I've gotten into it with @Mesonfielde @dangerDoge @BertMacklinFBI but arguing with guys is no fun... it ends too quick... and thats how we make friends... lol

• Haha we've gotten into a fight before? I don't remember 😅 Anyway, no hard feelings from whatever took place. I already forgot tbh

• @dangerDoge dude... see... you can't even remember... neither can I... it doesn't last at all... we just say "screw it"... its not worth it lol... and in return, i met another person i can call in,, in case i need back-up lol

• Yes I have xD

• On my first account in the early days I got into a few arguments but in the end I decided I was been negatively affected by getting involved rather than having some temporary feeling of being proud of myself for standing up for myself in a row - So my peace of mind always comes first and if I even get a sniff of a impending row, I will walk away.

• Some people have tried to get into one. Generally one of these questions about subjects where people have their principles that they defend with lots of emotion.
    Like the freedom to carry an arm, or oil pollution / use of fossil fuels. Or some war their country is fighting :-(
    I generally first try to be kind and ask why the person is so uncomfortable about me saying something. But when they don't stop fighting, I simply stop answering their comments.
    Generally that works. I've never blocked a user :D

• Tons of times though I normally do not start them, most of the time other people do though I wouldn't call it fighting since I am usually just sitting here relaxing playing along lol, I have to admit I somewhat enjoy it, though putting annoying members in their place is always satisfying.

• Define fight. I've never been emotionally unhinged when having an argument on GAG. Not really. I've felt passionate about some of the issues I talk about, but that ddoesn't mean I'm fighting. Nor does the pervasive use of curse words.

• A few. Generally I try not to though because some people have little to no interest in having civil and reasonable discussions, so in most cases, I just don't bother.

• I stop fights before they start. I like to have intelligent debates though I welcome those with different opinions than my own

• doubt it

• Several times but not for long. A couple of days tops. Nothing extreme. I think we all have had arguments online.

• Every now and then, but it's okay. It's part of life.

• well wouldn't say it's a fight because I try to avoid those... but it can happen that a troll or idiot comments on my opinions, then I'll discuss for a bit but if I see that I'm talking to a wall or that he is just trolling then I don't waste any more time on him

• Yes I punched someone over the internet

• @Saletri and me were planning to have a fight to death for the husker. But, husker wanted to be mine, so we had to cancel the fight 😜

• No not me ever. I do not ever want to be on any site where people fight.. I would just leave it if that were the case.. I like this site a lot and have always felt very welcome here.. it makes me smile every time I visit here

• Well it doesn't make me smile when you come here, so why don't you just go.

• People live close enough to get into fights? Maybe i'm too new here.

• Nope, some people are quite opinionated and have to be right, but I have never had anyone say anything nasty to me.

Overall I think people are pretty easy going.

• oodles. a lot of people on here can't take any sort of criticism well or opinions that disagree with them.

• Nope. I've had people mad at me that rage, so I just keep responding with insulting nonsense until they wear themselves out. I wouldn't call it a fight because I'm never engaged in it, I don't even read what they write, and it doesn't bother me at all so it's not a fight... I even wrote a program to do it for me and have had people argue with a computer program for several hours while I went off to go grocery shopping, for a run, or to wash my laundry. It's sort of funny. :D

• Unfortunately, yes. People only want to hear what they want to hear, you know?

• Yea this one time when they said potatoes are the best and I said carrots are my favourite fruit. Lol
    @trumpetplayerforlife

• No, not really. If they use aggressive vocabulary or give offensive opinions, I just block them. I'm not here to change anyone.

• No, when you get to be as 'old' as I, the one rule you know to live life by is 'to choose your battles'

Arguing on a net site is the epitome of wasted energy

• There is a lot of trolls on here sadly. I come on here to try help
    People but get abuse sometimes. X

• Like nearly every day lol:P

• only verbally they are now blocked. since then its been pieceful

• All the time

• Nope, never that serious over the Internet.

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 21

• Dude, I am STILL waiting for someone to actually engage me with a decently sharp wit. Still waiting. You've seen mah most recent disappointment. LOL

• Lol I don't think I can even take this question seriously... All the time. All the time 😂

I would have to say the worst one was when I and another GAG member got into it... Shee left an irrelevant opinion to a question and was trying to be a smartass so I stood up for the QA and asked her what was the purpose of it and that resulted into her leaving a rude comment insulting me and calling me out of my name as well as leaving this rude message (below) and then blocking me so she could have the last word 😒

"Enough of your disgusting, dramatic, hypocritical mouth on my post. Don't approach me with that entitled attitude then maybe we can have a discussion. But if you choose to be a nasty, stereotypical ghetto black bitch then you don't get sh*t from me. You're already average with f*cked up hair. At least try to have a more appealing personality, sweetie."

• I beat up @OrdinaryGentleman he cried like a baby.

• Yuuuus I stupid 27 y/o guy Oh and another white supremacist guy but apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't like him.

• so many times XD

I hate arguing tho, so I just let them talk and I say thanks after they insult me, ain't nobody got time fo that

• lol, many many times.

• Yes an emotional! ;p

• I wouldn't call it a fight, more of a heated argument, and yeah, its inevitable. I am pretty strong in my opinions and when I see ignorance (in my opinion) I can;t help but set them straight (give my opinion). But there are some completely ridiculous arguments I have gotten into on this site.

• Yeah there's always some dumbass who needs to open his mouth or they get offended by your viewpoint and will say something. I just ignore it now but I've been in a couple

• Multiple arguments. Sometimes people dont understand that we have different perspectives and feelings towards things. You can debate it but it will get heated or come off as personal when you make that person's feelings seem wrong because yours as 'right' in your perspective. This could go as far as people's personal experiences to how sensitive some subjects are towards people.

• Ummm yes just like 2 days ago I had this huge fight with some psycho all because I didn't find a girl she thought to be pretty pretty. And even after blocking her she made like several other accounts and kept harassing me.

• Oh you bet.

• I've had many heated debates with people here.

• hahahahahaha. no. never. ;)

• No, I just stick to myself. Their have been a couple of people that have tried to start an argument with me on an opinion I posted a while back. Lmfao all they did was try to insult me and type in CAPS. Pffft. 😂😂😂

I don't care 💁

• Yes, I do not think it's a website thing I think it's an Internet thing. Some people like to start drama

• Every fight I have gotten into online was because of a Internet thug who felt like attacking me first. I never start drama on here

• Humm no, not really.

• Arguements, yes.

• Not yet...

• Nope, I haven't.

• Every single day