What you do when you have tons of homework and you don't know what to do anymore?

All I want to do is sleep!

Most Helpful Guy

• Let me introduce to you my secret technique perfect for this situation - the Coffee boosted power nap.

Here's how it works:

1.) brew an extra strong espresso coffee.
    2.) Start an alarm for 20 minutes
    3.) drink the coffee quickly.
    4.) Sleep/nap immediately.
    4b.) If you can't sleep, at least lie down with your eyes closed somewhere dark, comfortable, and quiet.
    4c.) If that still doesn't work, meditate. Just keep your eyes closed and mind as empty as you can until the alarm goes off.

That's it.

The science behind it is pretty sound. 20 minutes is about the time it takes for both your body to digest the caffeine and your brain to get roughly 1 light sleep cycle. The caffeine will compensate for any of the normal drowsy/laggyness that occurs after a normal nap, and you'll wake up boosted with the energy of a decent sleep.

You're welcome.

• Oh, and listen to this while you're studying - coffitivity. com

Most Helpful Girl

• Try to get through as much as possible. Go to bed at a decent time and wake up early to work on it some more. If you have time between classes, work on it then too.

When I was in college I used to stay at school after class to force myself to work on my homework. I found the school to have plenty of places where I could work uninterrupted.

I would make sure I had some snacks, water, and music to keep me focussed.

• yeah I mean I have a midterm on Friday but I might just do it tomorrow! lol I want to pass this class. Its just two big things are due friday! And I want be done! (:

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 36

• go back in time and kill myself

• You get some caffine and you do it all and passout the next day and then catch up and dont slack off again.

• bad wording I didn't mean "slack off" in a negative contex. But i meant the word procastonate. Fingers on the keys moving faster than my brain lol.

• Listen to music and start writing until my hand gets sore and my wrist hurts.. And if time is short then I arrange the content and go on Facebook or make a what's app group and host a project giving number of pages and content to write and the money I am willing to give per page!.. 5-6 people come to assist and 100pages are done in 3-4 hrs maximum.. When you cannot finish task alone, get yourself a task force to get the job done..

• You are looking at it like its this massive monster in front of you... and its gonna bury you beneath thousands and thousands of pages... its not... and here's why. You simply must take it a page at a time. If you try to multi task you will screw up and ta-ta to that grade you want. So slow down and take deep breaths. I would suggest questioning if this is the goal you want out of life.

• I wish I had a good answer. Because my solution to this issue was: drop out. Granted I had other reasons beyond a mountain of homework. Still, before I dropped out I usually took things in small chunks, based on priority and when they were due. I also would try to do homework for later weeks so I could create some time for myself and do other things.

• what i did once was
    go to the kitchen when everyone is sleeping.
    eat something heavy
    make sure i make a huge noise and get caught.
    acting like having huge stomachache
    parents thought it was due the food i ate last night
    holiday
    24 hours extra time

• I make a cheklist of what to do and then start with just one. Then another. And another. And so on.

• Stop thinking and just do it. The procrastination of just thinking about it is worse than actually doing it.

• Prioritize. Get some sleep. Then do the most important or urgent stuff first. Or, if you want, do some quick and easy stuff to get it out of the day and reduce the pile by a few tons.

• i do it anyway because

-Not doing homework means no practice
    -No practice means i fail the test
    -Failing the test ruins chances of passing class
    -Not passing class ruins motivation
    -No motivation means I give up college and go work at some dead end job
    -Dead end job means no money
    -No money means no twin turbo supra
    -No supra means no happiness
    -No happiness means depression
    -Depression means a sad and lonely life

So yeaaaa haha

• Grab some fresh air, trying to relax. It's probably the combination of lack of sleep and being nervous that makes you feel so tired :o

• I take a break, usually a walk or maybe a smoke or both, usually eat and drink a little bit to, then I get back to it, that's really about all you can do.

• I still have homework, I usually burn both ends of the candle and just get it out of the way. Rest up on the weekend!

• You give up and say:"Career it was nice knowing you, ah well" :P

• Contrary to popular belief you don't need a college education to have a rewarding career. I did my dream job for my dream company without even a GED

• start with the thing that will take the last amount of time. then go to the next. that way it feels as though you are actually getting done

• When I was back in college, if it wasn't graded, I usually didn't care too much.

But in a situation where every paper was graded, I'd pick the subject I knew I was gonna need those points the most and focused on that one.

Good luck! ;)

• i'll try to finish it all in the same day if i could , actually it's something that you will doing now or later so iguess do it now & have a rest later :)

• will be doing **
      sorry stupid samsung mobile :P still new on it hope i'll get use to it :P

• Ah that's easy! I play chess.

• Don't do them. There are other things in life more important than education and things that you don't want to do.

• Yeah, I usually just ignore it, for a little while, and then come back, and try to do it again, lather rinse repeat

• procrastination is the great equalizer

• Um make people on here do the homework for you? Lol I dunno

• Have a joint and a coffee, put on some trap and smash through it in one night.

• I put on archer and laugh hysterically while I do homework

• do what i had to before class the next day, then stop

• You stop pussyfooting around and do your homework.

• I would sit outside and rest my mind for a bit. That usually recharges me.

• Let team apple do your work... no queen does homework.

• More from Guys
    6

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 20

• you need to get up, take a break, and come back to it. go for a walk, eat something, take a shower, listen to music... whatever...

sitting there for hours knowing how much is ahead of u can get tiring, so commit to taking breaks. also think about it like this. when u finish, you'll get to be on gag for as long as u want! :P

• I would take a break and do some exercise for a few moments. Get some stretches in, get some water... then hit the books again.

• take it in bitesize pieces

• Sleep! You'll feel better after you sleep and will be able to focus better.

• I get on GAG instead ^_^

Which explains why a have a bunch of hw... 😒

• I start listening to music or start watching some movies or currently in my case, I am answering your question.

• You know that some thought or saying that people say in school the, "I'm gonna drop out"? You have goals right? So, pretend you're on a reality show, work like your the president and have to save everyone lives, make yourself feel like a hero - you could put on some music for that - and do homework. Or, you could just forget about your goals.

This is so weird, but I'm sending it anyway 'cause why not.

• Take a power nap for about an hour. Then get up and take a shower. You should feel better mentally prepared for the task after this.

• Sleep. Then email your professors and tell them you are sick and dedicate all day tomorrow to do homework. And since tomorrow is Friday that also gives you the weekend to work on homework. If you don't get sleep things will only be worse.

• I never did homework sooooo
    Sleep always won

• Pop some hardcore music on to get you motivated to do it.

• panic, contemplate my whole life, eat, do some more contemplating, procrastinate, then finally push through with some caffeine and get it done girrrrl. :)
    ::)

• Prioritise the work, if you have enough time spread it over a few days and then do it in that order.

• Well i always do my homework. Its important

• Do each assignment quickly but do a good quality job. Then reward yourself with a nap

• take a break and watch a drama

• Usually, the more i have homeworks the less i do... Lol why you think i am on GaG rn hahahah T. T

• Whenever I can't sleep I just think about doing homework and it literally knocks me out. No joke

• What I do when I have loads of homework and just want to sleep is a sit at the dining room table instead of a soft surface so it's not as tempting to fall asleep

• lol I'll do it tomorrow! The last day! lol

• Buckle down and do it.

• Drop out asap