What would you do if you were out in public and overheard someone say 'the Holocaust never happened' and was serious about it?

Your reaction to that?

-------------

• Wouldn't do anything and go on my way
  • Step in and tell that person how wrong they are
  • Different reaction (please say)

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes history teachers omit things from lessons and once my son called his teacher on it. He was in 8th grade. It was about the 1940's Holocaust. She and my husband got into a huge argument at a parent/teacher conference and since then I have decided not to argue about things like that which make me angry when people lie about them.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would step in and correct them because millions of people died during the holocaust they at least deserve recognition. If your whole race was being wiped out by horrible methods would you at least want some recognition? Recognition is the step before respect and they haven't even done that.

What Girls Said 12

• Probably laugh about it with the boyfriend but not get involved. What someone else believes isn't my issue, especially not when something like that will just get me so emotional and wrought up that it's best to just avoid them.

• "then how did Eric Lehnsherr trigger his mutant powers? DUH." Totally straightfaced and then walk away.

• Well I am in the South... which will rise again.
    smh

I would take it like I take most nonsense here.

• I wouldn't do anything verbally but I would attempt to give them a look that said something like "My family members died it the Holocaust so shut your fucking mouth you ignorant little shit" and then I would walk away 😒

• People are allowed to be ignorant and stupid. If we put people in jail for saying stupid shit, Trump would have life in prison.

• The question isn't about government reaction though, it's about your own. Freedom of speech does not in any way mean that people aren't allowed to disagree with you, or even that you can receive no punishment whatsoever for what you say.

• jc but imagine if this person was voted into power and said this... how'd you react?

• @asker well I have always wanted to move a completely place where nobody knows me. Well if someone was elected into power said that, I will look into moving to Europe or Canada.

• I mean, they're wrong. But you can't convince an idiot.

• Nothing. Just their opinion.

• Would go nicely explain that it did happen

• No one dares to speak that way in public..

• I wouldn't have an indifferent reaction to it. I would be pretty pissed and I would explain them that they wrong in an angry manner. That's just me though.

• I would ignore them. I don't care.

• Which holocaust? There were a lot of them.

What Guys Said 20

• Roll my eyes, but I'd know exactly why: because it's offensive to Muslims to call it a "Holocaust." The spiritual Amalekites of today are no different than the ancient ones: they have a maniacal and fanatical supernatural hatred of the Jews, like a crack addiction for it. To such a crowd, deaths of Jews are to be celebrated, and then quickly forgotten.

One warlord sacking a Buddhist temple said as much: "If it's already in the Koran, we already have it, so burn it. If it is not, we don't need it. So burn it."

Unlike other world belief systems, which believe in preservation of historical heritages of those of disagreement, as teaching tools if nothing else, radical Islam believes in erasure of anything that isn't itself, as it views anything not itself to be an automatic existential threat.

If someone is protesting the way the Holocaust is recorded in history, it's because history books often skim over the fine details. The camps weren't always honest about their goals. They wanted to eradicate those churches that agreed with Luther about the Two Governances teaching, which was also the view of America's founders - Patrick Henry in particular. Instead, the perversion of the "Two Kingdoms" teaching by Hitler - which had more in common with the German neopagan "Blood and Soil" dogma of old than with anything in the Bible - was to be taught from the pulpit. Just like under Saddam, churches that conformed and altered their teachings to be politically correct were rewarded. Puritans were punished.

But Jews were easily the number 2 biggest target. Number 3 were suspected Soviet spies. After that, members of the SA who revolted and tried to overthrow the SS heads, due the the SS heads not being gay enough to satisfy the gay extremist demands of those SA figures. SA figures who'd "taken it too far" by way of their revolt under Ernst Rohm were issued pink swastika symbols, just as Jews were given golden stars. Hence, the Pink Swastika was born. And while Hitler rewarded "bear" subculture, he punished effeminates and Bruce Jenner types, as he believed they had sympathies with Stalin.

Also, the victims weren't told right away the camps were there to murder them. They were told it was a safe haven of protective custody, from the mainstream of Germany that would never accept them.

• You're never going to convince a retard they are wrong. And getting offended at what low-intelligence conspiracy lunatics think is pointless.
    I would keep walking. I might be a little pissed off, but there is no reason for me to stop or interject.

• It would piss me off and if it was an Arab I'd probably go to jail for beating the living shit out of him

• What does being Arab have to do with anything?

• @BlackMagick666 because the majority of them don't believe it ever happened because of their hatred

• I would just keep on walking to many crazy people out there talking to them selves going on mumbling on a bunch of giberish

• Well the way America describes it some of it as fake and propaganda. So I wouldn't completely disagree with them. The way America teaches it and promotes it which is the key word here is that only the Jews were put in concentration camps which is the biggest load of bs ever. They try to erase the fact that there were Polish people in those camps, Dutch, French, Cezch and pretty much almost every other type of European.

• But those other people (except the gypsies) weren't targeted for elimination as a race. The vast majority of those who died in the extermination camps (as opposed to the concentration camps) were Jews. Those camps were set up explicitly to kill people as quickly and efficiently as possible; it is estimated that 700-900 thousand died at Treblinka alone, 99% within 3 hours of arrival.

• Still those other people got killed too in those camps from starvation. its propaganda

• Not care. Not interested in that. They can think what they want.

• I would think they were an idiot, but I probably wouldn't say anything. Unless it was on a plane or somewhere where I had to be near them for a while.

• 'You can tell yourself I never fucked your mom too, but it won't make that true either.'

• I'd tell him that my grandfathers cousin helped liberate one of the camps.
    Then I'd call him an ignorant little fucker

• I don't care, it doesn't affect me at all.

• i would laugh to myself and go about my business

• I don't believe it did not happen but it's HUGELY exaggerated and Jews portray the misconception that they were the only sufferers.

• Say "Hitler did nothing wrong" out loud.

• People want to choose to be stupid that's on them, I'm going to walk, I rather not get stressed about silly stupid shit.

• I'd be intrigued, and I'd likely ask them why they thought that was the case.

• Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

• I'd be pissed of, but you can't cure stupid. I wouldn't do anything.

• Lolz

• Couldn't give a shit.

Freedom of speech

• I'd just ignore it... why should I bother?