Getting my wisdom tooth out at 25?

Does it hurt? the operation? what is the procedure?

Most Helpful Guy

• Generally the older you are the worse it is. Depends on how impacted or crooked they are. Also depends if you are getting only one or up to all 4 removed. I got mine done when I was 30. I waited way too long because I was stubborn. All four of mine were growing sideways towards the front of my mouth and crowding my teeth. I would experience frequent jaw pain and headaches when I was about 27 or so until I had them removed. The procedure was quick. They basically put you about 80% under and freeze your mouth. The surgeon will cut your gum line to expose the tooth. He had to cut the teeth into pieces to remove them. I could see a clock in the room. Total surgery time was 22 mins!!! Then he sews you up and it is recovery time. This is where it depends on how bad they were. If they don't have to be cut up into pieces then there is less trauma in your mouth and therefore less pain and healing time. I was very sore for about 4 days, then it started to get better. I was eating normally about a week later. The first few days you are pretty much laid up on the couch sleeping and taking pain killers. No solid food. Lots of sports drinks. The pain killers for me mad me sick to my stomach. Not a good time.

Most Helpful Girl

• They'll tell you to open your mouth... They'll pour some weird freaky tasting fluid in it, it's cold and has this weird taste that you can't place. They'll inject you with something so you lose the feeling.
    Then they'll get the tools and start Pickaxing that tooth. You won't feel any pain, you'll just hear the tools like scratching against that tooth, until suddenly you feel a release when the tooth is being removed.

Now comes the horror part... They'll start sewing up the opening they made to close it. And you'll feel the threads as they pull and cut, and pull and cut. And you'll see them holding threads from your mouth like they're some crazy scientists...

After that they should tell you to lie down for just another few minutes because the injection from earlier might cause some people to become disorientated and might not be able to walk right away after the Operation

You'll be told hold ice against the cheek (where they removed the tooth) to help against the pain, and it can help against swelling too. Because your cheek will get bigger turning you into a hippo. BUT... If you, put ice against your cheek for the WHOLE day, and then I mean the WHOLE day, apart from sleeping or eating right after you get home from the dentist, Your cheek won't swell up as much, or Not Even At All.

If you need to have them removed on both sides, it is recommended that you do one side at a time. Sure, both sides at once is faster, but you'll have a hard time eating.
    If you only do one side at a time, you will still have a side that you can use to eat normal food.

Yan-Chan out.

What Guys Said 1

• I had all four of my wisdom tooth extracted when I was 31. Prior to that, the pain it caused me was the worst in my life.

The procedure itself isn't bad. Once the dentist numbs you, you won't feel a thing. The only bad part is the swelling and trying to eat carefully without bothering the extraction site.

What Girls Said 3

• My mum got hers when she was older, however the problems of doing it as you grow is the tooth can mould to the bone and therefor there is a chance of them hitting a nerve.. put other than that all wisdom teeth extraction hurts but they give you medication!

• They'll most likely put you to sleep and then you'll wake up once it's over feeling groggy. You'll hurt for a few days but they give you an ice pack thing and some medicine. It's actually not as terrible as what you may think!

• I took out my wisdom tooth this year & it's hurt for one day , my advice for u is to put cinnamon on it, it will help 👍🏼