Does alcohol taste stronger after more drinks?

Everyone tells me that the alcohol tastes less and less alcoholic the more they drink in one night but I am the exact opposite. Alcohol tastes completely fine the first few cups and after a while it's like my taste buds are no longer fooled by the sugary cover up and I can taste the poison more and more. This is totally fine by me cause I slow down and stop before I get anywhere near drunk even though I am a heavyweight but does anyone else have the same experience? Why is this?

• That's weird, I taste the alcohol less the more I drink.
  • I am the same! I taste the alcohol more the more I drink.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• For me alcohol becomes less stronger the more I drink. I'm not good with alcohol though and become drunk quickly due to medication I'm on.

What Guys Said 3

• I only have this experience when I start with beer or a mixed drink, But as I get more tipsy, I start doing shots of vodka or hard liquor.

• for me the taste goes away as you get drunk

• Part of me says you're doing something wrong

What Girls Said 3

• For me it's kind of both. I taste it less and less and then I get to the point where my body knows I'm drinking too much and I can taste it so clearly that I have to stop drinking because it tastes so bad.

• I think you start to taste it less! You are just drunk so things are less important. haha

• depends on the alcohol