Guys, would you prefer an average-looking girl with no/very minimal makeup on, or the same girl with makeup on that makes her look above-average?

This isn't the typical "makeup vs. no makeup" question. Obviously most guys are going to prefer a girl who's a natural looker over a girl who wears as much makeup as a stage performer.

This question is making you choose two different options using the same hypothetical girl. Picture an average-looking girl (whatever "average" is to you). Option A is that the girl prefers to wear very minimal makeup.

Option B is the same average-looking girl, but with additional makeup---not dramatic or dark "evening" makeup, nor totally invisible makeup that you can't tell she's wearing---just makeup that enhances her features. Makeup that does what it's SUPPOSED to do---make a girl look even better than what she does without it.

In MY opinion this girl's natural vs. made-up pictures are the most accurate example of the two options I'm giving you (but of course you may not share the same opinion as to what average-looking is)

• Option A, average looking girl
    36% (21)
  • Option B, same girl but made to look above average
    64% (37)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I have expressed my dislike for makeup on GAG before and have gotten plenty of hate from the women here. None the less I will say it again, no makeup over makeup any day for me.
    Yes of course I won't deny that the girl in the second picture looks great, but the fact that it's all fake takes away from the prettiness for me so I would go for A.
    And I'm not saying this to appease women who don't wear makeup or to sound like a mangina. I legitimately dislike makeup and would appreciate a woman without it far more than a woman with it.

What Guys Said 21

• a girl who i knew (who was my best friend that i fell in love with and was to scared to tell ;_;) would never leave the house without her face covered with too much make-up, to me she was the most beautiful person in the world so it made me really sad that she felt she needed to try and make her self look like another person.

i guess what i'm saying is that i i have no problem with make-up, it can look great, but i believe the whole "eye of the beholder" thing, so it shouldn't be felt necessary.

• I hate girls that completely change their appearance with makeup, if you are two different looking people with and without makeup. You are wearing to much, makeup.

• That girl you linked... she only looks so strange because she seems to lack eyebrows for whatever reason.

The makeup did not help. She still looks weird, just with more makeup on, lol.

• Just like with hair that grows out your head, not everyone has the same amount of facial/body hair. Some people just don't grow full eyebrows the same way some people don't have thick hair.

• I don't think she needed anything than a different hairstyle. Showing off the entirety of her forehead is what throws it off.

• If she had her hair the same in both pictures, you'd see how minuscule the difference was.

You want big differences? Google "pornstars without makeup" and see some real transformations!

• That's the thing, I'm not talking about girls who do serious transformations with their makeup, girls that are 3s and make themselves look like 10s. I'm talking about a 5 or 6 that can make herself look like a 7 or 8 with makeup on.

• Make-up is to enhance whether you apply it with a small brush or a trowel. I'm not really that bothered by it, I prefer a girl who rocks a natural look as opposed to one who wastes hours putting her slap on.

• It really depends on the person. Some people look better with less and some with more. In this case I picked B but normally I choose less makeup. And I don't think it's the same girl lol She has a completely different face shape.

• It's only because she has her hair different in the second picture. It's framing her face and a different color.

• The pictures are kind of a cheat because the girl is either wearing a wig or has radically different hairstyle/colour. Nonetheless there's no doubt that your "average" girl looks better with well applied makeup. In fact it's such a no brainer, I don't know why people still bother to argue about it.

• That make up is not what make you, It is the inner you, I prefer

• I like her with makeup on. But without makeup she has no eyebrows : !. Plus her forehead is kinda big, so the bangs do help

• I don't care what the girl puts on.
    I agree, makeup looks more attractive. But its not that simple.
    I have always been a fan of 0 makeup. I like natural better , find that exotic.

• Option B looks better yeah but that's mostly because of her hair and the way it's styled. In picture A her forehead looks too big without any hair combed forward. So it's not all about make-up.

• If your situation is this bad then makeup away, for everybody's sake.
    But honestly I'd rather prefer an 8 without makeup.

• Option b

• Make up needen't always be misleading advertising... Your looks are above average... Even without the make up

• The only makeup i like is eye liner. The rest I either don't notice, or don't care. I still picked option b though, because rest you did doesn't detract from your appearance.

• Not my business detailing whether a girl should where make up or not

• If I liked them, it wouldn't matter that much.

• I prefer A so I don't have to have my eyes deceived!

• Definite B; slight makeup always makes all girls look good

• I just have to find her attactive without makeup. She can choose to wear makeup or not but I have to be attracted to her without makeup

• Wtf someone shopped the brows and lashes off that girl... that's not normal at all

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more