New puppy help?

I have a new puppy that is a shitzu and he's sleeping in his new cage with his blanket and suddenly started making this " purring" gremlin like noise. Someone please tell me what is happening lol, it scared me cause I've never heard my other dog purr like this before. And I realize he could be dreaming but like I said it was different. So answers please !

Most Helpful Guy

• Purring gremlin noises, like whining?
    Puppies tend to whine a lot. Puppies in general tend to make a lot of strange noises lol. I don't think there is anything to really be concerned about. My dogs (great danes though) would whine and whimper in their sleep when they were dreaming.
    They even growled (which may be mistaken as purring perhaps) and would make cute little halfway barks.

My guess he is dreaming and making noises in his dreams.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should contact a vet.

What Guys Said 2

• He could be snoring if he's asleep. Also, being a puppy, he's small, so his sounds are different than an adult dog... higher pitched.

• Hrs trying to snore but he's not old enough to be able to

What Girls Said 0