What's the longest you've gone without eating?

I recently went about 8 days without eating anything. I vomited so much that the only thing left to come up was stomach acid and it burned my throat and tasted so terrible that I couldn't get myself to eat for over a week. Now that I'm home from the hospital and getting better I'm curious what the longest you've gone without eating anything is.

Most Helpful Girl

• What was wrong? 😕

I honestly don't know, probably a couple days at most

• I hope you got fluids at the hospital. You can't go that long without water and salt. Whenever you can't keep anything down be sure to go to the hospital. I hope you're doing better

• I have Netflix but unfortunately I'm not really into watching tv that much. I normally just watch sports and a few shows that I like. I'm shy but I've been trying to talk to people more now because it's so boring being in my room all day

• I'm sorry ;/

Most Helpful Guy

• I went about 7 days once. Little more, might even have been 8 like you.

I remember eating a potato chip after. Honestly the sensation of biting into that crisp chip and suddenly feeling my brain come alive again was euphoric. Almost justified the idiocy of not eating for a week. But only almost.

On another note: Isn't it hilarious how you're kind of stupid after a few days? I would be asked things, I would know I knew the answers and be mentally aware that my mind is indeed looking for it, but finding the answer itself could take minutes instead of a tenth of a second.

• The worst part for me was that I was fully awake and aware the entire time. After 4 or 5 days I started getting a little hungry but I was too traumatized to eat until my stomach started to hurt from hunger after about 8 days

What Girls Said 18

• I hope you're okay :/

The longest I can ever remember going was 3 days, and that was when my father died in May. I didn't have an appetite.

• I went a week without eating, l was depressed
    When I had my eating disorder I will have a meal a day for a year, it caught up with me l spent a month at hospital. Then I gained weight GIT my hour glass figure that I appreciated for five years and I have been slipping in and out of depression for about four years now. So not eating and binge eating is common to me, but I am working on myself

• 2 weeks.

• Why the hell would you not eat for 8 days?
    Yesterday I didn't eat anything for 8 hours.

• 25 hours for a religious holiday. I don't do that anymore though haha. But thought I'd try it lol

• half a day. I nearly fainted :/

• 7 days. I had gotten my tonsils removed. I had a allergic reaction to anesthesia and would throw up my water and it hurt too much to eat.

• & then there's me who hasn't gone more than a few hours without eating at least something

• A day lol

• About three days, I was sick but when I got better, dude I sprinted to the chocolate cupboard faster than fucking Usain Bolt

• 7 days

• Two days when I had a horrible sinus infection.
    Started back on apple sauce and watery grits.

• Im such a fat kid I can't go half a day without food haha

• It was over 2 weeks.
    Mind you I was in the hospital at the time

• 5 minutes

• Maybe a week or so

• İ guess 2 days in Ramadan because i am Turkish

• Around a week. I was feeling horrible.
    I was drinking juices though.

What Guys Said 14

• Like ten minutes jk
    24-36 hours I think

• A whole day, give or take a couple of hours. Usually on Good Friday.

• Like two hrs lol

• 8 days? i can't go more than 8 hours

• I threw up so much stomach acid came out and I had 2 broken vertebrae and 2 broken ribs so eating was the last thing on my mind. Plus all of the medicines they gave me took away my appetite even more

• I don't watch too much NBA but the Knicks are my team

• lol, i'm from the nyc area so i made it a point to hate everything ny (except porzingod and the jets cause their hq is literally next to my town's high school). and i'm a cowboys fan so i gotta hate the giants :P, but that's so cool you got to meet eli. i got to meet tiki barber at a track meet, ironically. and i just like making fun of the knicks, nets and mets cause 2/3 the 3 have historically sucked and 1 has been bad for nearly 2 decades

• A week

• I've gone nearly a whole day without eating so probably 13 hours, 46 minutes, and 13 seconds.

• 18 hours or so. But I drank water.

• 30 or 40 hours.
    Hope you get better ;)

• 3 days. was just water and diet pills

• 3 days

• hahahahaha

• Don't do drugs m'kay

• No drugs just a broken back and a couple of ribs. The pain and internal bleeding traumatized me so much that I didn't want to eat anything until it got a lot better which happened to be 8 days later

• 2 hours off a week. Not good. sort it out girl, u is very pretty so why do iy

• It's kind of hard to convince yourself to eat when the last time you did you ended up throwing up so many times that there was nothing but acid left and it actually burned your throat and mouth

• Almost a full day I think...