Quiz: what's your deadly sin?

• gluttony
  • lust
  • envy
  • pride
  • wrath
  • sloth
  • greed

Most Helpful Girl

• SLOTH.
    More than other sins, the definition of sloth has changed considerably since its original inclusion among the seven deadly sins. In fact it was first called the sin of sadness or despair. It had been in the early years of Christianity characterized by what modern writers would now describe as melancholy: apathy, depression, and joylessness — the last being viewed as being a refusal to enjoy the goodness of God and the world he created. Originally, its place was fulfilled by two other aspects, acedia and sadness. The former described a spiritual apathy that affected the faithful by discouraging them from their religious work. Sadness (tristitia in Latin) described a feeling of dissatisfaction or discontent, which caused unhappiness with one's current situation. When Thomas Aquinas selected acedia for his list, he described it as an "uneasiness of the mind", being a progenitor for lesser sins such as restlessness and instability. Dante refined this definition further, describing sloth as being the "failure to love God with all one's heart, all one's mind and all one's soul." He also described it as the middle sin, and as such was the only sin characterised by an absence or insufficiency of love. In his "Purgatorio", the slothful penitents were made to run continuously at top speed.

The modern view of the vice, as highlighted by its contrary virtue of zeal or diligence, is that it represents the failure to utilize one's talents and gifts. For example, a student who does not work beyond what is required (and thus fails to achieve his or her full potential) could be labeled slothful.

Current interpretations are therefore much less stringent and comprehensive than they were in medieval times, and portray sloth as being more simply a sin of laziness or indifference, of an unwillingness to act, an unwillingness to care (rather than a failure to love God and his works). For this reason sloth is now often seen as being considerably less serious than the other sins, more a sin of omission than of commission.

The South American animal sloth was named after this sin by Roman Catholic explorers.

Sloth extremes: irresponsability, frequent use of drugs/liquor, poverty, ignorance, routine

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah! I'm a marathon running, sport champion, sloth with a graduate degree. :D

• Sloths are pretty cool to observe at the zoo though. So overall I guess it's a win.

What Girls Said 11

• SLOTH.

The modern view of the vice, as highlighted by its contrary virtue of zeal or diligence, is that it represents the failure to utilize one's talents and gifts. For example, a student who does not work beyond what is required (and thus fails to achieve his or her full potential) could be labelled slothful.

Sloth extremes: irresponsibility, frequent use of drugs/liquor, poverty, ignorance, routine.

• "You got: Envy

You have big dreams and high expectations for yourself, which is baller and all, but you also end up comparing yourself to random people on Facebook and being like “I wish I were holding two drinks in this photo to look cooler” and you forget that people only post their positive experiences on social media, thus creating an unrealistic standard of happiness that’ll inevitably make you doubt your self worth based on completely arbitrary factors. GO OUTSIDE AND RUN FREE."

Not totally wrong

• First Quiz
    You got: Greed
    You are always trying to get the “better deal”, and your friends love you because suddenly they’re getting half off on dinner and they have no idea why. You’re the reason why, you magician you! Just indulge in a truffle oil burger or whatever sometimes. You’re going to die one day anyway, time to make some (expensive) memories!

Second Quiz
    ENVY.
    Like greed, envy may be characterized by an insatiable desire; they differ, however, for two main reasons. First, greed is largely associated with material goods, whereas envy may apply more generally. Second, those who commit the sin of envy resent that another person has something they perceive themselves as lacking, and wish the other person to be deprived of it. Dante defined this as "love of one's own good perverted to a desire to deprive other men of theirs." In Dante's Purgatory, the punishment for the envious is to have their eyes sewn shut with wire, because they have gained sinful pleasure from seeing others brought low. Aquinas described envy as "sorrow for another's good". [1]

Envy extremes: blackmailing, paranoia, hatery, obsession, unhappiness

• You got: Envy
    You have big dreams and high expectations for yourself, which is baller and all, but you also end up comparing yourself to random people on Facebook and being like “I wish I were holding two drinks in this photo to look cooler” and you forget that people only post their positive experiences on social media, thus creating an unrealistic standard of happiness that’ll inevitably make you doubt your self worth based on completely arbitrary factors. GO OUTSIDE AND RUN FREE.

lmfao. i do think envy is my deadly sin... but not because of the reasons above. it focused all on facebook for some reason.

• You got: Wrath
    You are super smart. Like woah. You read a lot about everything that’s wrong with this country and society and shows like Extreme Cougar Wives and you have opinions on Girls and Edward Snowden and you will voice them, dammit! You like to go on Reddit and also use the word “bonehead” a lot (at least in your head), and you’re 97% right on everything. Good for you! Just like, don’t get too wrapped up in all that. 80% of the people you talk to only say they read The New York Times. You’re better than them anyway!

• Wrath. Though I never would've thought that in a million years. Doesn't sound like me either. Yeah, I like to be smart but I don't like to be Alex Dunphy about it.

• Ha!

You got: Lust

You have crushes on at least 4 people at all times, and some of them are probably people on Tumblr who you’ve never actually met. That’s cool, and you obviously have a big heart which is never a bad thing but just like, don’t spend more than 15 minutes a night scrolling through their profile pics and hoping you don’t accidentally like a photo from 2008 or something.

• Lust

Having LUST as (major) sin, you probably might possess most of these sinful qualities:
    - slight obsession for the human body (parts)
    - most of the time in the mood for sex and touching
    - pleasures for the body - obsession
    - horny most of the time
    - excessive love with lover
    - no bothering about sex on a first date

Well, I'm damned.
    I still don't regret anything cx

• Ugh I got gluttony, that's such bullshit lol. I expect the best things in life and will achieve them. That doesn't really make me a gluttony 😩

That's a little sad.

• sloth for sure
    i don't need a quiz to tell me that

• I got envy which is true... I am really hard on myself and tend to compare myself to others...

What Guys Said 14

• Predictable...

You got: Lust

Old guy question: what's Tumblr?
    #HereHaveSomeButterscotch👴🏻🍬

• Wrath. I can see that.

• all of em

• You got: Envy

• Gluttoney!
    Wooo! I'm a big 'ol boy! Weeeee!

• You got: Lust

• I don't need a test to know that it's sloth...

• Gluttony, lust, envy and sloth. To pick one it would be sloth though, I am pretty lazy.

• Greed

• The test was inaccurate so I'll provide my own answer.

Lust because I love the pretty ladies.

• All of those, not one of those sins has been left undone.
    All except for pride.

• Greed. I'm totally in agreement with that.

• I didn't get sloth but I'm pretty sure that's my main

• Lol why would we need to take a quiz for this? Everyone already knows what they're guilty of.