When you are upset , do you lose your appetite or binge eat?

... or does your eating habits stay the same

When you are upset , do you lose your appetite or binge eat?

0|1
20|18

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't eat. I find it hard to eat when my heart feels like it's floating around in my stomach. I can't sleep either which is probably why I'm awake at this stage.. 😞

4|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• I am afraid when the crap hit the fan, I went on an alcohol benders for a couple of days and forgot to eat but as I got older the alcohol benders have decreased and I tended to comfort eat.
    Sometimes when I think I am on top form, I can train myself into a 1,000 calories a day and exercise myself into the ground but when you take a step back I realised something ain't right. All you want is to get yourself fit and healthy but when you are swinging from binge eating or drinking to overexercising, you should see the red flag waving overhead.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, if I'm really upset I stop eating. Eventually I motivate myself to go to the gym and it lifts my spirits. So it puts me in a Better frame of mind

• My eating habits rarely dependent on my emotions tbh

3|0
    0|0
  • When I'm stressed I don't feel the need to eat. I pretty much go into survival mode.

When I'm upset I get really hungry because my body consumes a lot of energy.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'll binge eat.

1|0
    0|0
  • When upset I like to let my emotions out through video games or putting that rage into positive energy. I don't like lashing out on people.

Getting back on topic, eating food is just like putting gas in your car. I need calories to function. I get no pleasure from eating.

1|0
    0|0
  • I lose my apetite, I don't normally eat much (only the necessary) and nothing changes that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes I won't feel hungry though I'll eat anyway to stay healthy. But I tend to sort my feelings as quickly as I can so that it doesn't disrupt me more than it has to.

1|0
    0|0
  • I binge eat when I'm happy and sad

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm always #teamhungry
    So keep eating

1|0
    0|0
  • I start to eat lol

1|0
    0|0
  • My appetite doesn't change. I go work out or try to find something to change my mood.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah , i find working out lifts my mood, but i just can't eat at all when i feel sad or upset

• I would find that really annoying, lol.

• Don't eat :/

1|0
    0|0
  • no sleep lose appetite

1|0
    0|0
    • Same with me too!

• I wish I wsa the other kind. eat and sleeps... my friends like that

I work out and stresss means losing muscle and my physique...

• Im not eating..

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't have appetite at all when I'm sad, especially for girls..

1|0
    0|0
  • when i am a little worried i eat, but when seriously i lose my appetite.

1|0
    0|0
  • When theirs a girl involved I don't eat at all.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 19

• If I am so Very Uptight that my stomach cannot Muckle a Morsel, @Victorianne, I will Not.. Take A Bite.
    However, If I am a Bit of this Nervous Nellie, I will Be Looking for some Comfort Food... Whether or Not I may Want it.
    Good luck and Great Take. xx

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I'm the same. If I'm really upset I can't eat a thing 💐❤ xxxxx

• Thanks for the Like, @Victorianne and I guess some people cannot eat a bite when not feeling right. lolxxoo

• Depends on the severity. The worst I've suffered was that I stopped eating for 3 weeks, I couldn't eat even if I tried because it would make me throw up, I was living on liquids and lost 5kg, which was probably because I was at the gym everyday of it too, I had to exhaust my body out so I could sleep. Otherwise I couldn't sleep - but for me being upset to that level brought on stress and anxiety.

However, generally I lose my appetite when I'm upset and I tend to stay in bed lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I binge a lot when I'm really stressed, which is strange considering the fact that I also lose my appetite. It's as if I despise food, but I can't get away from it. I always tell myself I won't eat, but, whoops, now I've had more than enough calories for the day.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh, I'm totally an emotional eater usually. :(

2|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes lose my appetite, sometimes gain a huge appetite, and sometimes nothing happens. It depends on the situation I think. I've experienced all three though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends. This latest time I went from not really eating anything for maybe 5 days to eating my feelings for a few days.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lose my appetite. My stomach actually starts hurting. So, I usually nap it off.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm an eater :/
    Sucks because I'm a very emotional person too lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I eat a lot

1|0
    0|0
  • Depending on how upset I am, I do lose my appetite.

1|1
    0|0
  • I Lose my appetite

1|0
    0|0
  • When I'm extremely depressed I don't eat anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • stress , no appetite to eat. upset, get a drink or two then sleep.

1|0
    0|0
  • I definitely lose my appetite, kind of sucks

1|0
    0|0
  • I lose my appetite

1|0
    0|0
  • when im sad i barely eat anything

1|0
    0|0
  • I tend to binge