What's your opinion on SeaWorld?

I was watching a documentary called Blackfish about SeaWorld and how they treat the whales.
Here's a trailer:

If you don't want to watch it, I'll sum it up.
(Spoiler Alert)
Basically the film is about how a company called SeaWorld abuses the whales. They'd take the baby whales away from their mom to take to SeaWorld. They'd throw bombs in the water if the couldn't capture the whale.
Once they are brought to SeaWorld the whales are put into these small dark modules that's only 20 feet wide and 30 feet deep and they stay there for years until they are old enough to get put in the SeaWorld aquarium.
Trainers started getting killed/injuried because the whales started getting stressed out about being in captivity. SeaWorld blamed the workers even though they did everything right.
The whales started doing abnormal behaviors. The whales don't get fed if they don't do a trick right. Their top fin is bent over which it isn't supposed to be. The aquarium is too small for them and etc.

I don't know if other countries have a SeaWorld, but if you don't know what it is it's an amusement park that has whales. The whales performs tricks.

What's your opinion on SeaWorld?

• I think SeaWorld is fun and I'd go
  • I think SeaWorld is horrible and I WOULDN'T go
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont support sea world im in the ocean everyday and live fairly close to sea world I've seen many creatures out at sea where they belong and its beautiful but i do think that if sea world just up and released all the creatures it would do much more harm then good, the ocean can be a harsh world and most of the animals in there would not last very long out in it. I like the movie blackfish but i believe its a bit one sided i know that there are people that work there that devote their lives to helping sea creatures but if i were to run sea world there would be absolutly no more entertainment shows or captivity for future animals it would be a rehabiltation for wounded and sick animals due to human harm and a place to share knowledge and respect for the ocean!

Most Helpful Girl

• I've heard a hell of a lot of bad shit about them so I wouldn't go. I guess if there was more proof about them being treated fairly and not being harmed due to their environment, then I'd be a little more open to going but ehh. Not from what I've heard.

• Yeah, the trainers pr wprkers of SeaWorld will tell you "they are good and happy in their environment". A worker in this documentary said they are told to say that and that it is a lie.

• *the trainers or workers

What Guys Said 12

• My dollars say that SeaWord sucks because I don't go there and don't plan to. There are exhibits that don't involve killer whales or other large aquatic mammals that are perfectly fine, and not much different than keeping pet fish.

Unless you want to open that can of worms...

• I hope the orca whales become smart, kill all the humans and take over the world like Planet of the Apes

• I don't know if I should feel like a bad person for enjoying watching the whale show back when I went to SeaWorld in 2011...

But yeah, I think they should release the whales or at least take better care of them, like giving them more space to swim and looking after their health.

• I haven't seen Blackfish. I do know that Sea World has done a lot of good for sea Turtles and other sea creatures for decades. Kill that company and they won't have the money for those efforts. Dont have a place for people to see and admire sea creatires and you will have a new generation that just does not give a fuck about them... which seems counter productive.

• There are aquariums and other marine conservation parks that don't exploit the animals for money. Aquariums are non profits. Don't let their hype fool you, sea world does A LOT more damage than good. There are other places that save more species.

• @remedioso I have been to three major aquariums plus Sea World. I enjoyed them all and learned from each one. They all charged a lot of money so the money is going somewhere but I felt good about each visit. Sea World actually gave me more for each dollar though. I don't need to see killer whales doing stunts though. But Sea World still has a lot to offer in terms of education and entertainment. I would rather see them stay in business and I think that it will be better for sea creatures if they do.

• Not right, but I think its boring anyways.

I feel less guilty about killer whales when i remember they play pass with infant seals until its dead.

• Fk SeaWorld and anyone who goes there and likes it.

• been to seaworld a few times. it was dope.

• All zoo's treat their animals badly to some extent.

• I think seaworld should stop keeping large animals like orcas in captivity. It's inhumane

• Whales belong in their natural habitat, not in a pool performing for humans.

• At least the rides are cool

• propaganda is usually bullshit

What Girls Said 5

• Tillicum is now dying :(

• The corporate people should stop using these whales as circus animals and dollar making machines. No one wins when trainers and whales die

• I'd never go and I think it should be shut down. Killer whales are incredibly intelligent and in there they are put on display like show ponies, dying from depression. It's horrible.

• I have no interest in going to Sea World

• If you want to see marine wildlife go to a marine rehabilitation center...