Feminists are body-shaming me?

I hate the way society thinks we need to praise the larger shape for sitting round and doing nothing. The original models body takes time, effort and discipline. That is something we should praise rather then just giving up and accept being big. Also they are not "Curvy" they are large

Feminists are body-shaming me?Few more comments :

Fat people moaning about FIT people... because they cannot be bovvered!! "It's my genes" LOL !!

The moaners can petition all they want, eat ice cream and die alone with their cats.

All the tubs o' lard sofa surfing and criticising someone who works out 5 times a week. LOL.

Do you agree, I think it's absurd and I preffer girl one all over she looks fabolous! #hattersgonnahate

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do people complain about this so much lmao. How do you know that they aren't naturally skinny? Or perhaps they suffer from anorexia or bulimia, throwing up their food because they are afraid of gaining a pound? Does it take work to suffer from an eating disorder?

Then again, how do you just assume that that overweight girl just sits around and does nothing? Perhaps she works out every day, or starves herself. You wouldn't know that though, to you she's just a fat, lazy slob.

They aren't shaming you. You're free to like what you want and if they have a problem, then forget them. But just remember to not judge a book by it's cover.

• or fat people eating too much, that's the problem. I preffer skinny girls but in this world is nowadays more accepted to be fat than skinny because most of the americans can't lose weight, because they sit around and do nothing.

I was in America I was shocked what I saw, really. So many fat people don't get me wrong, but something is wrong with all this.

• Even though I do everything possible to stay healthy. Yep, okay.

• Victoria secrets ads airing doesn't mean being really thin is normalized.

It depends on your height if 30 lbs is obese. But its def overweight

Most Helpful Guy

• They all mad cos they can't get the D bdo

What Girls Said 11

• ya the same blah blah a guy brings up here everyday.

How are they shaming you?

• but what is shocking this advertising was put off? It's shocking!

I truthfully can't see what all the fuss is about, it is not saying this is how you must look. It's just advertising and it's nothing wrong if you hate the add simply don't buy the product, stupid feminist, sorry but it's shocking.

• @Winesteed ya you're right, I'm kinda immune to it at this point, because guys bring up the same BS logic all the time. Everyone that doesn't fit their preferences should be ashamed of themselves

• @nalaa I've been on GaG hiatus for the better part of three years and just came back. I was like "Oho! Can't tell if I'm feeding a troll or someone needs to be read the riot act!"

• You should make a mytake on the subject. But yeah, no one can be mad or try and force certain images of beauty down people's throats. To each their own. And I don't think being big/large/fat is ok either mate. It's unhealthy and doesn't need to be condoned but stopped. Gj

• 1. No one should actually praise or promote obesity.

2. Refraining from calling obese women horrible words isn't the praise and promotion of obesity. Its just being nice.

3. No one should shame another for their body, whether they're fit or fat. But speech about treating and preventing obesity shouldn't be silenced because its killing our nation. Likewise, speech about anorexia, bulimia, and even working out way too much should be encouraged bc some people hurt themselves to be thin or muscular.

4. People really do need to learn that "curvy" and "fat" don't mean the same thing.

• The women in the second photo are not fat at all by the way.

• I'm just angry that this add was removed because fat people claimed it as something bad lol

• lol, being a thin model takes work? You have never known models i see. LOL, I have friends who model for ford and red model agency. ALL models are naturally skinny except the ones who throw up their food. Oh and guys suffer from bolimia as well in the model world. Muscle definition isn't allowed being a model. You know nothing about what your talking about. Take several seats. Women are naturally curvy, but you always seen skinny in your life time sooo...

• Is someone envy?

• Am i jealous? lol, what for? I know what im talking about you dont but probably sit in your room getting all worked up over nothing because girls won't give you the time of day.

• How the hell is it even a problem, nobody is offended when we show the anorexic women as a beauty ideal but when it's fat people it's annoying shocking disgusting and imoral... What tha actual FUCK? just let people live how they wanna live, i mean why would we have to follow the model society gives us? because it's healthy? pfuuaaaaahahahah let me laugh at this "healthy" is just a new buisness SHIT... this is nor promoting obesity and the girls are perfectly fine, they're natural and beautiful, they look like actual real women and i like to think that this can make people feel better about themselves, imagine if you were naturally curvy, how would u feel in that society would you think it's normal to sa you want only ice cream and die with your cats?

• I doubt that the people who make hats are going to be offended by any of this. Your head stays roughly the same size regardless of your body mass.

• Okay... you need to get over it.

You had your chance with the one question. Now drop it.

• There is a difference is praising something and just not accepting it being shamed. I agree fat should not be encouraged in the same way that we do not encourage anorexia, but I also agree that you are not less of a human being because you aren't fit.
    I think your attitude is just as disgusting as promoting obesity.

• Feminism is wanting equality between men and women. Feminists take action to gain that equality.
    We have no interest or desire to body shame anyone because we are feminists. Actually most feminists embrace all body types and all women because that's what they do!

• and this advertising was removed because some girls were protesting, funny how stupid are people. Seems like overweight people sit all day and protest over computer eating mcdonalds

• You spoke the truth

• I work out just about every day but due to hypothyroidism i dont lose much weight. I look pretty much like the woman in the middle of the second pic and am damn proud of it.

What Guys Said 8

• No explanation as to how they r shaming u

• I say if you don't like the size of a woman don't look at her.. Problem solving it's self. Women went intended to be cookie cut. I personally hate the look of a twig with skin stretched over it , I how ever don't bit@h and whine when I see one

• No one is shamming you.
    Fuck whomever you want.

• Agreed

• yeah i agree that there is body shaming culture targeting slim women. being fat is not a virtue..
    but i also understand the importance of shaming the shaming of women that are just a little overweight. 'cause i know that i am really genetically lucky, i eat too much junk and do hardly any exercise, and never put on weight, some ain't so lucky.

but if i actually put the effort in, would i not deserve to be complimented rather than judged for deciding not to let myself get fat?

• I have no idea what you're raving about tbh.

• This moved me to tears. 😭
    You shame them, they shame you, you shame them.
    Who gives a fuck? You obviously. I sure as hell dont.

• No idea how this and feminists body shaming you go together...

Obviously discouraging a healthy lifestyle and exercise is idiocy in itself. Yes you don't need to be perfect but you do need to stay healthy.

I think we're all taking girl one over girl 2, 3 and 4. Even if the photo isn't the most flattering for her. Obvious reasons.

• Sorry I was talking about advertising media, I wanted to give title more interesting.