Are You Beach Body Ready?

Are You Beach Body Ready?
Welcome to the new age of feminism. Being offended by everything and raging about it on social media.

I LOVE that Protein World didn't bow to the minority and actually INCREASED sales because of this though.

Some comments :
Fat people should spend their time losing weight rather than being offended by advertisements.

I'm sorry what is wrong with the ad? How does it shame anyone? It says nothing about fat people. How pathetic that the mere image of a fit and healthy person is offensive and "shaming" to people who aren't The next logical step is that actual fit people should be outlawed or jail since their mere existence - and the sight of them - may offend a fat person.

Obesity comes from actions... not genes. Shut your mouth and do something about it!!!

I agree advertising is great it's just a ad if you don't like it ignore it. If you're fat workout or shut up and don't look at model. Simple as that!

What do you think?

What do you think?
Are you beach body ready?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am beach body ready always.

• and this ad was removed stupid people

• All it means is that lazy people are offended that there IS a standard of beauty in this world and they're too lazy to work toward that goal.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 13

• I agree with you. A lot of people argue that people are fat due to health issues but only around 10% are actually issues. 30 years ago it was very very rare to run into someone overweight, it isn't genetic, it's a lazier, greasier system that has caused people to blow up.

• I never got what was wrong with that picture. It's no different to any other health/weight loss campaign.

No one should, in general, promote being unhealthy at either end of the scale, but people can't live in denial either.

• I'm beach body ready in the sense that my body is able to go on the beach ;) But I sure as hell don't look like that girl (and I hate the beach anyway) :P

• Yeah I'm definitely beach body ready

• You sound like everything bothers you lol
    I'm not offended by this ad and nope. Never beach body ready.

• yes that's what I'm talking I've seen far far worse advertising, but seems like some overweight women have way too much time - workout damn! :)

• I have a body, therefore it is beach ready.

• I don't see anything wrong with the ad. The comments are a totally different story and disgusting. And I don't like the beach so there's that. I am working on being pool/amusement park ready tho.

• I always am.. 8) hope the beach is ready for me.. ;P

• I'm always ready for the beach, my body be damned.

• yes that's it workout

• Nah man, I'm never beach body ready. I'm ass ready though. If that counts.

• I'm not one for the beach but I'm ready.
    As for this ad being offensive I don't find it that way.

• yeah it was removed some about 71.000 mostly women from all of the world started signing petition against this add. What the hell is wrong with people?

• The reason why some people are offended is because it's saying they have to look like that if they want to wear a bikini and go to the beach. That you have to be stick thin. If you look like anything else, then you're not beach body rrady, you're just fat. There are other body types out there that can't achieve that body, so it sets an unrealistic expectation for women on how they're "supposed" to look.

An ectomorph is when you're small boned and can lose weight easily, but not muscle (this is what most models like on that ad look like)

A mesomorph is when you have a body that gains muscle easily and is in between

And lastly, an endomorph is when these people have bigger bones and gain fat more easily.

Tbh, most women are endomorphs, because excess fat is what's needed for child bearing. What's featured on that ad is and ectomorph, which is what a lot of women try to strive to be, but end up anorexic or bulimic for setting unrealistic body standards that "all women need to set for themselves" based on these ads.

Sorry for the spiel I'm just really passionate above these types of things.

• Instead of lose muscle I meant gain muscle

• what now? Does it mean it should be removed, no I don't think so I rather look at this good looking model than fat model, sorry that how it is and it will be. If you're endomorph simply workout more, eat less.

Yeah anorexic and all that crap they go for that because they don't have a lot of proper training and professional plan - it's simply advertising but overweight people especially women don't like it, because they won't be able to achieve something similar due to their sitting on couch and in front of computer.

• The ad doesn't bother me but you sound extremely judgmental.

• no no, but this were just some comments copied and pasted.

• Ah okay then. I can't handle it when people start saying "they should just shut up and lose the weight because they're choosing to be fat." People are overweight for all kinds of different reasons

What Guys Said 6

• No. We shouldn't have to be in shape to go to the beach, this advert is suggesting that all people who don't look that way be banned from the beach, I can't just walk past and ignore it. What about us people who don't want to work out and get to a healthy weight? What if we want to drink sugary beverages and eat lots of junk? I can be overweight and healthy. And anyway, real women like curves, especially round ones like my belly. With my fat belly I'm just as beautiful as a model, they're unrealistic anyway, I mean they are real and they do eat well and train hard to look the way they do, but do you think that's realistic for me? Even though I have two arms and two legs? To do some exercise and stop eating crap? How dare you? It's a Dad bod.

• I think the ad is *stupid*, and that person does seem underweight, like 10 more pounds would be ideal, but I don't care about the "message". It pisses me off because it's a stupid ad, but it would piss me off just as much if the model weighed more, because it's a stupid ad. But yeah I mean certain people are prone to obesity and certain people aren't. I can eat more calories than I need without getting fat, some people can't, but whether or not they do the eating and/or burn the calories is a choice.

Talked to my friend about this before and they said it seems very "american" to be pro-fat. All that fast food and stuff.

And no I'm not beach body ready because I can't stand going the beach. I'm mountain/trail/whatever body ready though. :D

• persone is fit and not underweight!

• I don't know, I'm extremely skinny like that too and I feel like I'm a bit underweight. Her ribs kind of stick out. It might just be the posture, hard to tell from the image but it seems bordering on underweight. Looks healthier than being fat though.

• The beaches want my body

• I think it is weird that people think you can only go to the beach if you are flat like a board...

• It's advertising, but in good way, If i find someone fit it's just my challenge. It's just add and obesed people are crying all over internet why they can't lose weight because of eating mcdonalds.

• All bodies that go to the beach are beach body ready.
    That ad is implying only thin women should go to the beach.

• not really, it's just advertising what the hell?

• seems like you are? I don't have problems with that, have a challenge do it , start doing or ignore the add. I know it's easy to comment oh look at that add commenting and eating burger in front of computer.

• Actually, I don't want to lose weight. It would take too much effort, and I don't have the time nor money.
      Also, have you ever solved a problem by pretending it didn't exist?