I work at a clothes store and I'm thinking of quitting because of the new managers. Am I overreacting?

I've been working here for almost 2 years. The people I work with are nice, but the company has been bought by another. We've had another manager but he has his own store now.

The new changes:
*we leave at 9:30 instead of 9. I have school and I don't drive and I keep telling them I can't work that late.

*we're open later on holidays even though the whole mall closes at a certain time.

*we have to talk to customers. We did that before but a lot of people don't want to be left alone.

*we actually gotten complaints about saying hi to customers too much.

*I was sent home for cleaning. The section I was working in was a mess and the fitting rooms were backed up.

*we have to wait until 8 pm to start cleaning the store, but then they complain about the workers not getting "projects" finished when the regional managers come.

*its always hot because the manager doesn't want to pay the bill.

*a co worker passed out and they didn't believe her, and a lady had a heat stroke.

*we have to wear all black!! They changed it last week.

*we have to open a credit card to shop in the store. They changed that this week.

*the new manager pulls people to the side and talks about other associates, telling us what the others are doing wrong.

Am I overreacting or should I look for a new job?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, i'd ditch the place, it sounds like you have things outside of work that that job are inflicting on. Until you apply for another, keep the one you have.

What Guys Said 1

• Start looking. Keep your job till then.

What Girls Said 0