Why do I feel like isolating myself?

I don't know why but I always feel like isolating myself. I never feel like leaving my room or the house unless I have to and when I do I just don't feel like talking to anyone. I want to make friends and meet up with people but I just never feel like it and I only have 1 friend at the moment. I don't even speak to my family that often (I'm still living at home by the way). It's weird because I feel empty inside most of the time so I usually just sit in my room and browse the internet unless I have work or something to distract myself.

bump
🐝

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like you've just summed up my life at the moment. I don't know why I feel like isolating myself either, it's like I really want to get out there and meet new people and do new things but I just can't do it. But like you said, when you do get outside, you just don't feel like talking to anyone. As soon as I leave the house its like I put up a big wall or something. I'm not close to my family whatsoever and I don't have any true friends or anything like that to talk to and hang out with. Most days I just lay on my bed wasting time on the internet and listening to music as you said. It sucks :/

• Yeah, that's exactly how I feel. I have no idea what's wrong.

• @Jooker The thing is I don't want to be a Christian. Sure it might give your life a sense of purpose and direction but as @FalloutVaultB0y said it just provides a blanket of ignorance. For me, as well, I'm looking for fulfilment and believing in God didn't give me that. So for now I'm finished with religion. I'm still open to the idea of there being a greater being but I'm just going my own separate way and finding these things out for myself if that makes sense. I turned to religion and it didn't help me so I'm looking in other places...

• i feel u bro, you're on the right path, but the religion is not a choice you can't be ok if you skeep it! its the relation with our creator. but you should try to find out what religion is sincere & not distorted! your arm is reading! and if you was really sincere god will guided u to him. be perseverent :)

Most Helpful Girl

• You might be depressed. Have you always been like this or have you recently lost interest in activities, friends, etc?

• It's sort of hard to explain, maybe one day every 1-2 months I'll feel miserable and lack energy and motivation but the rest of the time I'm alright

• Oh if this is just a once in a while thing I wouldn't worry about it. It's normal to want some time and space to yourself here and there.

What Guys Said 26

• Would you say you feel depressed? Because depression can cause you to isolate yourself. I am literally exactly like that, and I suffer from depression. Of course, you can also just be introverted, and just prefer to be on your own because it is actually taxing for you to socialize. Of course, I say that because I'm introverted as well. I can only go off of my own personal experiences to explain what you might be going through, but since it sounds all too familiar I couldn't help but assume those are the reasons.

• I haven't been diagnosed with depression but I do go through periods when feel miserable for no apparent.

• Are u depressed, depression brings out creativity, its not such a bad thing.
      Whenever I feel down, I draw, write or listen to music, its great.

• @Artist10 While I'd agree that some level of creativity seems to come with some amount of depression, and many creative people suffer from it. To say it's "not such a bad thing" is foolish. Considering how destructive depression can be, and I know all too well how bad it can be. It's like delving into the dark side of the force for power, sure it's easy and has initial benefits, but it takes a toll on you the more you delve into it.

• I suppose that kind of feeling comes to some people at some point of time in their lives.

• Woww my situation is completely the same!!! I don't know why is this happening...
    I also wanna go out and make friends... but something I'd stopping me from doing there.
    I only go to work and return home... I don't go anywhere on Sundays too.. or maybe very few times/Sundays.

I am trying to figure out why... Hey PM me.. I wanna talk..

• I'm like that too, except I don't live at home, and the reason is that most people just don't like to do or talk about things that I find interesting and enjoyable. If you have physical energy/strength, and you still have interest in doing stuff by yourself, but you just aren't interested in other people then it's probably fine. It could be symptoms of depression but not necessarily. If you can check off other symptoms as well, then maybe try seeing a therapist or something if you feel like it. If not, then you might just not be interested in the people around you which is okay as long as you feel alright with it.

• I'm not sure if it's depression, like maybe one day every 1-2 months I'll feel miserable, will lack energy and I won't have any interest in doing things but the rest of the time I feel like I can cope but I'll still feel sort of empty.

• I'm 22,

• Yeah I felt empty when I was 22 also. But then again I was actually depressed, so...

• You sound like you have anxiety and depression. That is probably why. My girlfriend is the same way. Medicine and exercise help a lot with this, at least for her.

The truth is you will never get over this unless you make an effort to. Put yourself out of your comfort zone. Talk to new people, make new friends, do new things. I'm sure you will find that you actually don't want to live life this way. I imagine you already feel like that, so it's not that you want to isolate yourself, it is just that it is easier than putting yourself out there.

• Social anxiety + shyness + introversion = Me. Yep, that's basically my life too. I usually do this because I don't want people to know the "real me" in fear of their judgement. I feel like I can't fully trust anyone although I would really like to.

• it sounds like you may have some depression maybe a vitamin issue? I would do something to build up some energy and do what you want to do it sounds like you are personally aware, at some point if you are unable to stop doing or start doing what you need to do then talk to a doctor... good luck !!!

• I know the feeling.

• Find things to do besides being online, hang out with your friend more but dont isolate yourself so much that your life becomes revolved around being alone all the time. Alone time is good but is not meant to be something you do all the time.

What activities do you enjoy besides being online or watching tv, doing other things might make it easier to meet people.

• Because you're human. To be honest, who the f*ck feels like talking and socialising with sleepy people? The fact that you're not as social as others is because you realize that you're awake! There's a quote I really like: "the less you talk, the more you can hear."

Have a brilliant day awaken soul!

• Because you don't have social relations with people whom you can confide in.

• I feel the same, i leave my house only when i got school or when i really need to. I would really love to met new people, make new friends but i can't seem to move out of my house. Im numb, empty inside and bored most of the time but that can be solved with some youtube videos or gaming.
    You are not the single one so cheer up !

• Depression, mental illness, introvert, just your personality, unhappy with your life circumstances, just plain lazy perhaps

• You might just be an introvert. I am to. Unless you're suffering from depression?

• I don't know if I have depression, it's a possibility though

• do u live in a cold climate

• It's going into autumn here

• in cold climates everyone stays in all the time cus of the weather it can be depressing

• lol you're the female version of me xD

• maybe your an introvert and you dont know that, im an introvert and im totally like this.

• I do the same thing. I have no idea how to fix it unfortunately

• I have no idea.

• Depression, agoraphobia, and loneliness are possibilities.

• What's agoraphobia?

• Fear of leaving your home. Or going outside. Some people spend years not leaving their house because of it.

• i know the feeling.

• go out and make some good friends ! maybe you've some hobby's!

• Do u think u need a man like meh in yo life anon babez ;3

• you need more friends and to get out more til it becomes fun enough for you to want to stay out, with that being said i have lots of friends, i have college , i had a job, basically i can easily keep myself busy but i too feel the need to isolate myself for a a week or two at a time, it just happens some people just have this need to be alone regardless of other factors.

• Wow didn't know others are feeling this way too

• Thanks for answering

• I'm sitting there, feeling lonely and don't know what to do. even when I have things to do I don't get my ass up to do them. I would love to meet with the few friends I hav, but I don't contact them. I don't know why.

• Did something drastic happened in your live before you turned this way, because for me it did.

• I'm willing to bet you don't contact your friends, but really wish they would do that?

I'm very much like you, and I thought I was a massive introvert, but I think the problem runs deeper than that; I think I could be autistic or have massive social anxiety, since I don't have every single symptom for autism.

So I really don't know what the f*** is wrong with me

• Yeah, I don't really contact my friends very often

• I sadly almost never do; I some times force myself to do so, only to not loose them completely.

I'm actually amazed I have friends, because my childhood was very quiet because I spent that alone; even now I spend my evenings in my room (heck, my brother has a social life and I don't) - yes, even weekends when I should be out and partying and having sex. When I was younger I didn't know that girls sent signals, but now I do - and I never act upon them, which is sad.

The least used function in my smart phone is the phone part. I have this nagging feeling I want to do something about this, but something is seriously holding me back.

I've tried to scour the internet trying to find out what is wrong with me, but nothing quite fits - the one I think I could possibly have, high functioning autism, has several things that I don't have "sensory challenges" and "severe anxiety"; I don't have those two, amongst other things.

What Girls Said 11

• Same lol!

• Thanks for answering

• I am reciving it free since I have no insurance. Its public help. lol (: Its not like the top expert but its someone I can talk to for an hour!

• Oh I think I should too... Or maybe we should meet :-P

• Hey if you find any solution then please tell me that... I also feel the same.. and sometimes worst than that.. :(
    #wish you would find its solution very soon...
    Stay strong.
    Because there is no option left... :(

• Are you depressed?

• Well, I have days where I feel miserable for no apparent reason.

• Get out of the house and go somewhere. beach, library, parks. Also meeting people seems to help. I dont know if it may be medically related but if it is then there are support groups you can join. I just mostly want to believe its just a phase. Normally there is some reason for being depressed...

• Sounds like depression to me, as someone who has depression herself.

• Lol kinda feel the same way too.
    Many people probably feel this way at some point.

• Thanks for MHO

• Hey your feel the same way too? Wow I thought I was the only one

• Thanks for answering, sorry typo lol

• These sound like signs of depression. My mom struggles with this and I struggled with it growing up. It might be beneficial to reach out to a healthcare professional or attend counseling. I'm sorry that you've been struggling. Hope things start to look up!

• A few people on here have suggested that do I think I will look into it, thanks 😊

• This sounds like my best friend and I want to help him but no idea what I can do

• Try to get him out with you... Make him meet more people... Or girls..

• Yeah, what @singlebee said haha. I think I'll try doing the same.

• I can relate

• You have to push yourself to make the effort to reach out to others. It's not easy, but just always think in terms of how you would like someone else to treat you or what you would appreciate from another person. That could be anything, from striking up a conversation with someone who looks out of place, to contacting a friend you haven't spoken to in a while, to doing a small but thoughtful gesture for a family member like doing a chore for them or getting them something you know they like.

You may not get the same amount of consideration in return, nor should you expect it in or er to not be disappointed, but it help you feel better and ease your feelings of isolation.

• You should go to phscolog

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more