Why do you have your actual picture as your DP?

Most people on the internet prefer to be anonymous and not associated with their actual selves in real life. Do you not care about people tracing your GAG profile back to you? Especially considering some opinions you may post could contain things that are personal to you and would avoid saying in real life.
Aren't you afraid that creepy folks might cause you trouble with having your actual pictures of yourself?

Genuine curiosity.

Most Helpful Girl

• because i wanna.
    I'm quite protected. i don't say information that is personal enough to give someone the ability to track me down. I'm only personal in details with my close friends here, but yeah even then, most don't know enough about me to tell.

as for the creeps, they have no way of getting to me since my profile in on private and they'll be having no private contact with me.

Most Helpful Guy

• No idea. I think people wouldn't even care though they ended up on a billboard in Croatia - like this family:

www.theguardian.com/.../smith-family-photo-czech-advertisement

"but said she would continue to post images of her family." ... jesus effing christ. And "she is blocking the small percentage "who are commenting only to say that a member of my family (or all of us) are ugly".", well if you can't take it, then don't post your pictures online.

What Girls Said 7

• Some psychopath stalked me and made threats against my friends and family when I used my real photo. I no longer use my real photo on this website.

• sorry, I swear Im not stalking you, LOL. But this, exactly.

Plus, not using my real picture or name allows me to say what I want without going anon. :)

• My GaG is my alter ego in a way... I don't think anyone could trace it back to me. Lol I'd never use a real picture of myself though.

• Well I'm a catfish so there's that.

• Ah, I'm not that worried to be honest. I don't mind people seeing what I look like.

• "what goes to internet stays on internet" if I share something then I should put into consideration "everyone will see it" all your data is available on the system so don't share privacy things being anon won't help.

• Yes, I am actually a fluffy orange bear. Now you know my secret.

• Honestly I'm okay with whatever I said I don't say anything personal, I know what I said and if someone wants to use that against me go right ahead it wouldn't phase me

• I think you meant "faze". Hope that you're never traced irl, or your life is ruined by bad spelling.

What Guys Said 13

• Because I wanna that's why and no I ain't worried about some freak or creep on the internet I mean look around there's thousands of them on here alone lol. Besides there's nothing on my profile that is actually personal only 1-2 people even know personal details about me on here and that is always discussed in private.

• That's why I keep it half safe - I don't have a picture of me on my avatar but I usually keep one on my profile.

• Yeah, Really me, Eh, Dont give a fuck about security really, I live on a tiny island in the middle of fucking nowhere haha, Literally jack fuck is gonna happen haha.

• Unless someone's fully stalking me and tracking the licence plates on my cars (the only things I ever use as profile pics for anything) I doubt they'd find me in real life.

Even if they did, what would actually happen? Nothing. They'd introduce themselves, maybe ask me to do a burnout, then life would continue as per usual.

• The thought of interacting with others without presenting some form of identity is bizarre to me tbh

• Why would anybody be interested in stalking me? I'm not that interesting to stalk, anyways. Plus, it would be a waste of time for most people to stalk someone and figure things out about them.

Plus, they wouldn't want to fuck with me. I have some shotguns and rifles in my home if they ever came to hurt me (if that was their intention). I'm not a person to be taunted or threatened.

• Because I have no problem showing my face. Also whatever I share on the Internet is everything I'd have no problem sharing in real life. Whatever I feel is too personal to share just won't be said.

• I'm fine with giving a face to my opinions, and also in my exchanges on the pm's. As far as "personalizing" a profile go, I feel as a picture will suffice anyways.

• Idc tbh... I'm not afraid of people knowing what I look like.

• Yes, but only because I'm just a REALLY paranoid dude, if I post something about a girl on my actual profile I'll lietterly start thinking she found my acount, I then convince myself it's highly unlikely and relax a little

• Because I'm vain. I like to show off my style.

• my life is creepy enough so no i dont really care about that.