Do you consider the word "virgin", a compliment or an insult?

Surprisingly enough there are many who're proud of being virgins...

Personally I use it as an insult... especially for females... I believe it hurts 'em hahaha...

• Compliment...
  • Insult...

Most Helpful Girl

• insult for me lol

if they're like "you're a virgin!" I'm like... yeah, and what fucker?

it's never like "you're a virgin"... "aw thanks" wtf XD

Most Helpful Guy

• It tends to be used as an insult

What Girls Said 12

• Not sure how "virgin" could ever be a sensible insult for women. If a man is a virgin it's because he can't get laid. If a woman is a virgin, it's because she *chooses* not to get laid.

I remember some studies (Google "Clark and Hatfield") which had women approaching random stranger men and asking "you're attractive, will you go to bed with me?" When it was an average-looking women, 50% of dudes said yes. With an attractive one, 75% of dudes said yes.

So really a woman could get laid whenever she wants. A woman being a virgin is basically her choosing to wait to have sex with the right person. What's wrong with that?

• And a guy can get laid by payin' an escort...

Well if she chooses to not get laid she's dumb then...

• Why is she dumb? I think it's the smart thing to do. Women only orgasm 10% of the time during casual sex. Sex is a lot more pleasurable, and also a lot safer, when you have it with someone you love and trust.

• Neither. But as far as I know, in university or below its considered an insult. I have no opinion towards virginity, seeing as half my friends are virgins and the other half are not, doesn't make them any different just because they've had sex.

• But being above 20 and still a virgin?

Oh shit just get an escort...

• If you're older than 20 and worrying about being a virgin you can just book a time and person for sex, gosh 😂💁🏽
      Sex is not that big of a deal 🙄

• I'm neither insulted or proud of being a virgin or being called a virgin.

It's literally just as much of a fact of who I am as a person as someone calling me white or Catholic.

• Just don't comment on people's sex lives and save everyone the trouble.

• I consider it neither really. I voted compliment because I don't think it's a negative. It's just a personal choice people make. Like to be a vegetarian or not.

• No dude, it's Compliment to have more strong self control, everyone either ugly or hot can sleep with any guy any time nothing special or hard so it was their choice. porn are blocked by countries + religions + people + families. I never heard someone got opportunity, scholarship, Patent, awards for how much he f**cked.

• C. #Fact

• Neither. I consider it a term used when referencing if one has had sexual intercourse or not.

• Neither. It just means you haven't had sex, which isn't good or bad.

• Neither. I don't see it as a good or bad thing, it's whatever.

• Neither. It's just a descriptive word for if somebody has had sex before or not.

• I couldn't care less. It's not like it's their business on what I am anyway.

What Guys Said 12

• Its usually used in a derogatory sense when talking about guys. Its almost always associated with being bad.

I see it all the time on the site, whenever a guy is being rude or says something they disagree with, the girls will be snarky and say something like "oh I bet you never get laid anyways" which implies not having sex is something to be ashamed of.

However if its a guy who they know obviously gets laid, they will go for something else to try to insult him, either he sucks in bed or in some cases they will say he's a catfish and lies about getting laid.

Either way they use the same generic insults to try to get under the guys skin.

• I used to take it as an insult, because it came with other kind of insults. It's what lies behind that word, the hidden meaning, and that was always insulting, cause for some reason, men aren't supposed to be virgins... -_-

I rarely got called that, though, since I lost mine at 16, and I was never bullied, but there were people that assumed I was a virgin.

• It's neither an insult nor a compliment. However some people may take it as a compliment or an insult, it's also subjective I suppose

• When you get older you kinda realize that compliment than anything. But in high school is was considered an insult.

• I'm 24 dude...

• Well I was talking about you in general. I'm just saying that when you get older you kinda realize there isn't really a rush in losing your virginity. It's not a big deal, you could have waited but fell to the pressure of not being labled a "loser" for not getting any. Now it's not much of a bad thing then it was before. There are a lot of 20 something year old virgins at my work.

• Why don't they get an escort?

• In high school it's an insult.

In life, it's a 50/50 gray area.

• I consider it a description. Lol. No one has ever used it as an insult or compliment towards me as far as I know.

• For girls, compliment.

For guys, insult.

• Why? I always disliked virgins...

• They're gross dude... and very boring in sex...

• Well, everyone starts somewhere, I guess.

• Depends on the society. In a liberal society it's an insult. In a conservative society is a mark of individuality, or counter culture.

• Neither. Insignificant to me.

• It's an insult if you don't want to be one as it implies that you are undesirable.

• Wow wtf

• Depends on if it is said to a guy or a girl. If it's said to a guy, probably an insult. A girl, compliment.