What makes a good first car?

i am looking at possible first cars and I was wondering what people think make good first cars. I must admit I am a car girl and I want something cool (or at least can be made cool), and reliable.
Please give me your honest opinions. 😀

Most Helpful Girl

• You've got a couple years till you can get one so start saving. Hondas are generally the most reliable and longest running

What Guys Said 10

• thats awesome! well for a first car its not gonna be that cool it should be a japanese or korean car which is reliable. You're 14 and thinking ahead but I would look into honda's toyota's and hyundai's for a first car you can experience driving. Second car can be cool though, I went after German cars :D

• I'm trying to find a cheap 90s BMW because I love them. Honestly it's a fight between my mom and dad because my mom basically wants me to have a small SUV and my dad really doesn't care. lol. What's your experience with the BMWs?

• yea I like old classic cars too especially classic Benz. Its just goes from father to kid my dad is a Benz guy too he mostly had mercedes everytime and my whole childhood was growing up inside a Merc. Usually there isn't a Benz girl its mostly guys so thats normal. Well hopefully you get that Beemer one day :)

• Thanks and I hope so too. ☺️

• First of all if you want reliable don't buy anything from Germany. German cars are nice but they are the world's most unreliable, studies have proven this. This means don't buy a BMW, Audi, Volkwagen, Skoda or a Mercedes because they all will spend way more time being fixed than on the road and it will cost your thousands to keep on the road. I know of 10 people with German cars and every single one has had problems, many of them have had nothing but problems one after the other, things like their car not starting often and the engine cutting out on the motorway. Buy Japanese cars, Japanese cars are the most reliable. Toyota is the best for relibility in the world with Honda coming in at second best. Suzukis are the 3rd most reliable but when it comes to a car that keeps going and going and going without any problems you can't beat a Toyota.

• You know my views on this...

Miatas look mean... And your dad's actually freaking over nothing, the 50:50 weight distribution means you're less likely to put it in a ditch or a tree. :P
    www.simplystance.com/.../2010closer010.jpg

If not a Miata, then I'd say a Teggy. They're super mint. 'Specially the Type Rs.
    cdn1.evo.co.uk/.../car_photo_411526.jpg

Last but not least I'd recommend a Lexus IS200. They're great cars, and cheap these days. If you have to drive a lot of people about this is probably best.
    upload.wikimedia.org/.../..._(GXE10R)_sedan_04.jpg

• I don't have a lot of people to drive around so I don't need the Lexus. My dad is very into cars and he does tend to know what he's talking about but I still really really want a Miata. Lol I've always loved them. Especially the ones with pop up headlights 😀

• Agreed I was gunna get a GS-R but i only had like 1200 at the time it was sold

• Something that is cheap, reliable, easy to repair and CHEAP to repair because you are going to bang it into something – not necessarily another car, but maybe a wall or a curb. Nothing too powerful either, you don’t want to lose control due to lack of experience.

Generally, Japanese or Korean is good, but depending on where you live, whatever is cheap and widely available is good.

• Back seat that seats two comfortably nomsayin? Har har har

• Honda or Toyota anything.

• Honda Civic. Not a new one; an older one with a lot of miles and that's rather cheap. First car = you're going to wreck it anyway. Honda is cheap and reliable. Good stuff man

• Subaru Impreza

• Japanese cars or a volvo

• Ten years old voskwagain jetta desiel

• Jettas are shitboxes. A buddy had a VR6, I slayed him in a stock Bimmer from 1980.

• @TheHooptyMiata I had a 93 jetta desiel it had 400 000km on it before the engine blow

What Girls Said 2

• A used car is best to have as a first one.

That way if you fuck it up it won't be to horribly expensive.

• Something cheap but reliable...