Is this weird? Or am I freaking out?

My mother-in-law told me that my 2 year old's lips were so kissable, I could just kiss her all day. I think it's borderline pediphilic and have had issues of innaproprate behavior and other things which have led me to not let her around my child from this woman so it freaked me out. Was what she said to me innaproprate or what?

• Yes that's not something a normal person would say
  • No it's ok I'm sure it's harmless
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• It's most definitely questionable
    It depends on the other issues you speak of

Most Helpful Girl

• Two year olds lips are always pouty and swollen when they wake up its really cute lol, also at the age most parent children do kiss on the lips! I don't think she meant it in that way.

• True my husband and I both kiss our baby on the mouth so maybe I just got Moma freaked! Lol I'm overly protective anyway!

What Guys Said 1

• Was it not a compliment to imply that your daughter is not an ugly kid?

What Girls Said 5

• Nah, from just that statement alone, I think you're reading too much into it. Little kids can have those cute, little lips that make sweet faces.

• People kiss babies on the lips all the time. I think it's only weird when the kiss is prolonged

• Yea I think I'm going to be a smother mother!

• Understandable! Now if the kid doesn't like it, then the kid shouldn't be forced to kiss anybody

• Im sure it harmless. She's just acting like a grandmother who adores and loves their grandchild.

• i pushed a by accident
    it's a normal compliment

• Is your child her grandchild?