Is making a fake Instagram account to friend your ex illegal cyberstalking?

Embarrased to say I did, it and wish I hadn't but I found out she was with my best friend that way (as I was suspicious). I confronted HIM, not her... and then I left him with a (Take the high road) .. "wish you both well, but we can't be friends anymore". I shot her a quick email saying "I'm not upset, and I wish them both well, and maybe we can laugh about it someday"..

Of course, I'm hurt but I didn't want to pain that picture. However, now I'm both embarrassed and a bit worried that maybe I crossed some kind of legal line.. I guess there are a lot of new laws on the books on this, but they all seem to be geared to criminal behavior like threats, and extorsion..

My main concern is that I sent her an invite from this dummy account which she accepted without asking who it was... so did I break the law?

Most Helpful Guy

• No your just a sucker for pain that's all.

What Girls Said 2

• No, it all right. Your fine!

• Could be...

• don't just drop a bomb... can you elaborate?

What Guys Said 1

• Nah dude lol. Don't worry about that.

• Thanks, I don't know why, it seems like something a lot of ex's would do after being blocked, but at the same time some of these new laws go over the top.

• Yeah I'm sure it happens.