Is my sister's boyfriend trying to insult the place I work at or what?

I work for a discount tool store chain in the US called Harbor Freight. My family can get discounts for me being an employee. I tried to help my sister & her boyfriend out by giving them my discount number so they could buy a heater for their house. The heater was $31.99 before discount of 20%. Instead they went to Target and bought a heater at im sure a higher price. Later on he posted a meme on Facebook which im not sure is meant to be a joke or what. But its a fat girl running and the caption says when someone tries to torque using a harbor freight wrench. It doesn't sound very pleasant. What can I do to make sure he understands im trying to do my job and i don't appreciate the insults of the company I work for?

I know it really shouldn't matter but to me it does. I see family and friends of the other employees come In at times to see them work and what they have done to the store. Hell, my stepmother works at Wal-Mart and even though everyone bad mouths it almost everyone shops there. plus we go there all the time.

Most Helpful Girl

• They're losing in the end by spending more money on the exact same item.
    I wouldn't lose sleep over this, it's really their choice.
    You can extend kind gestures all you want, but its up to them if they want to take it or leave it.
    They left it, so let that be that.

Remember you're just an employee not the franchise itself.
    I don't think you should take this so personal (although I know it hurts).

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 3

• It was only stupid that he didn't tell you he found the tools at your company of questionable make. He should have been upfront. You don't make the tools, it doesn't matter if their quality is the best or not. But he should have used his words to explain like an adult. Proper communication.

• Just ignore it. Too much precious time is lost worrying about things that shouldn't matter.

• It just sounds like he didn't trust the quality of the product and wasn't trying to insult you personally.

What Guys Said 5

• I'd just ignore it, it sounds like it was aimed at the place you work at and not you, yourself if you brought it up it would probably just cause more issues.

• This has to do with him trusting Target more than the company you work for, don't be so dramatic bro!

• Lets get real here, most people who actually needs tools know harbor freight doesn't sell "quality" products. :x

• Not the point. It is my job to stock the stuff and help customers. He works in a furniture factory, i don't insult his place so why should he insult mine

• maybe he has a complex of some sort

• not everyone shops at walmart.. walmart doesn;t even exist in my country XD

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more