Is someone on your hook, are you on someone's hook?

if you don't know here is the urban dictionary definition:

"A person who is "on the hook" will be overly infatuated with another person. The person who is the desired generally takes little notice (and often complete advantage) of the person who is on the hook.

Often times the person who is on the hook is a back-up."

if you watched that HIMYM episode where ted is on carrie underwoods hook then you know exactly what it is.

• yes i am
  • other
  • nope but someone is on mine

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 22

• I mean? I guess I'm on someone's hook? I'm not infatuated with him though, but I'm also just not his main... and he takes advantage of me in the sense of someone willing to help him get off at least once a week... so I guess that would make me certified hook material?

Bertie this question is #2deep

• Not that I know of, so there's no taking advantage.

If someone likes me as more than a friend, they need to speak up.
    If I find someone I'm interested in as something more than a friend I'd let him know.

• that is very cool of you, nearly everyone I ever met, always kept that information to themselves and just crossed their fingers the entire time.

• Oh I'm sure you'll come across them every once in a while. My "wise advice" lol, is always available through PM, at any time. I take everyone serious through PM, well mostly everyone.

Well today's chest day is incline bench curls, so I'll be ending it with 95 lbs dumbbells, but I might shoot for 100 today. On the bench, this week I wasn't feeling it too much so I just repped 275, even though I took a pre-workout. I actually haven't curled heavy in a long time, I find myself doing a lot of supersets but I can comfortably curl 90 lbs with the barbell.

Oi I'm intrigued too, how was that leg day?

• There's one, otherwise it's just Saturday and Sunday mornings (mostly).
      Would you like me to initiate PM? It seems like an invitation but I'd rather make sure than blow up (what I'm sure is) an already full Inbox. :P

Wow. See, that's the kind of distraction I like to avoid! Also, pre-workout is the best. Just started one within the last month and it's amazing! I hope you don't mind me asking. What pre-workout do you take?

Legs hurt but in the best possible way. :)

• I'm confused lol. So if I read and comprehended correctly I guess I was on someone's hook? I wasn't infatuated or anything, but the feelings were intense. And he definitely took advantage. But I recently ripped that bitch out tho. In the process of freezing my heart so it won't happen again.

• I don't know! Maybe?

• I was on the hook. My ex boyfriend. Damn, it was love at first sight and we were together 8 months, I was totally on his hook. He messed me up but I still care about him a lot. I never want to be that deep into someone ever again.

• damn thats a bummer. at least you're over it now. hopefully, if it ever happens again, and you are deep into someone, it'll be just the right guy for you.

• Have you let yourself feel anger about it and acknowledge that he mistreated you and that it isn't your problem? I feel like that is critical in recovering from such things. But yeah I think so too, I never have had a relationship that worked out very well, even though I cared about them deeply. But I think it's important to realize that it's not because there is anything wrong with you personally. :)

• @frozenhorizon I went through the anger and the upset a while ago. It's very easy to put all blame on him and say he was manipulative or verbally abusive or whatever but it takes two people to make a good relationship. I'm aware I must be at fault too. It's difficult because we are now pretending we're friends of some kind (after 7 months of not speaking) so it's just confusing to me. I always doubt myself which is something I should work on but I won't let myself be that vulnerable again. I won't love as deeply or anything like that. It's genuinely been one of the most difficult things to overcome. I'm not doing that ever again.

• I don't think so. I'm not sure I understand the definition. I had a bunch of little boys who were in love with me when I was in high school.

• I hope I can explain it a bit better than the UD def, but basically, if someone is on your hook, this guy will bend over backwards for you because he likes you so much, even though you don't feel the same, he will still keep doing things for you and continue liking you hardcore. the advantage part means that you know this but won't give him what he wants because you're not attracted to him, yet you will use the services he provides because he will literally do anything for you.

• Desperate times call for desperate measures.

• I wish you great luck for when the moment arises!

• I don't think I'm on anyone's hook or vice versa since no one is being taken advantage of. I'm a bit confused, though, hah.

• I don't think I've ever had anybody on the hook and while I've been completely infatuated before I don't think I've been taken advantage of.

• nope...
    Pretty boring... I know.

• Sadly, I am on someone's hook.

• Hell no 😐

• Story of my life😂😂😢😢

• ahahha no. And going based off the definition you used on another opinion, I'm going to say never. :p

• maybe and no :P
    but I am not taking advantage xD

• Uhh neither
    No?
    Idk!!!

• So basically its unrequinted feelings? (Im sorry I can't spell). I guess that im in that situation but my feelings fade as time goes by so its not that big of a deal.

• i have several on mine and i'm on a few

• I'm not hooked & I don't have any one on the hook either.

• Someone's on mine, but I don't think I'm on theirs :(

• No and no ❤️

• In my experience, we've kind of taken turns being on the hook. Like somedays one of us can play it cool while the other one bends over backwards for the other one. Then it switches. Both situations I'm referring to we couldn't get together so nothing came of it. Just horrible sexual tension.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 13

• I am not on anyone's hook and no one is on my hook. Its actually the opposite effect :O people run from my hook.

"Plenty of fish in the sea" my ass

http://i.imgur.com/cQPkJYg.gif?noredirect

• 🐠🐟🐡🐬🐳🐋

• LOL. my state is too strict on that hahaa

• Of course it is. Wink.

• I do not believe I am on anyone's hook, nor I don't think anyone is on my hook. If someone is actually infatuated with me, I don't think I am taking advantage of them at the very least lol

• Hmm hook? I guess some chick wants to bone me but im not interested in relationships anymore, i want to be done with bad experiences.

• None of the above right now, a few people felt like they were getting on mine in the last year and I kept my distance because honestly it's just as annoying to have someone on mine as it is to be on someone else's. And I don't fall in love with people who don't pay attention to me, so I'm not going to be on anyone else's.

• I might be but i find someone to spend time with and if she's into me i quickly get off the hook # get bored quick.

• I twas my man

She knew exactly what strings to pull.

• damn son, she must've been as cruel as she was good in bed.

• I'm not that strong :( and he treats me so well despite the label

• @Mimsy1990

Just trying to prevent what happened to me from happening to you

• You're on my hook and it got snagged.

• bruh i tried my best to throw my fishing line way the eff over there lol

• lol too bad ey! ?

Speaking of fishing, hows the fishing scene down there?

• Neither if I am being honest...

• I was on the hook, but not anymore.

• It's complicated.

• I've no hooks. That's animal cruelty.

• Neither.

• I don't know but I'm gonna reel them in anyway