Booked a hotel room for 1 person. Can someone else stay over?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ring them and find out. The fact that you booked it for 1 person would suggest there will likely be issues. You obviously can't risk it. So find it. If it's double they may allow you to upgrade for a small fee.

• At the risk of being tremendously patronising, go on, ring them, you're a big girl now :P

Most Helpful Girl

• If it is stipulated in the contract that unregistered guests can't stay, then you would be violating the terms of the contract. Once you sign the contract when you register, then you are legally bound to it. So it could be viewed as fraud by the hotel , and in the worst case scenario they could take legal action against you. So check the terms & conditions

Plus, if the other person causes damage by accident or intentional then you would be responsible for their actions... not them. Besides, there is a Heath & safety issue to consider too

. Personally, i would never allow anyone to crash my hotel room, they either register with me , or they wouldn't be welcome. I. would never put myself in such a vulnerable position... not even for a best friend

What Guys Said 9

• Yes you can, just don't tell them

• I only feel justified in killing germs, bugs inside my house, and politicians (human germs).

• Normal here in the UK you just pay for the room so no excuses to pay a extra person.
    It's just for security and safety that they will need to know how many are in the room but you can't take the piss.

Did you book a single room or a double/twin room?

• I think it's a double. Maybe triple room. I don't know. They're a big bed and two singles pushed together. I'm in the uk. (London) Advice?

• Depends on the hotel classes that as could be a large twin/ executive twin room.
      You may have to check the T&A or contact the hotel to find out what their policies are.

• What time should i kum over?

• Legally, no.

• If it is one person, usually the rate is for 1-2 people. It should be fine, but I'd consult with them just to be sure.

• Borat "Happy Time"

• Sure can

• hotels book by how many in a room

it's illegal in most states to lie about how many per room it's considered theft

What Girls Said 7

• You're not supposed to, but it's the same price here in the US.
    You're paying for the room.

If you want to, do it.

• LOL... I would probably just sneak someone in! lol

• Sure they can.

• Yes but the hotel may bill you extra for the second person.

• I've got away with it before

• Oh yea this tricky cos normally they have double room rate.

• Yes, but only if you paid for an extra adult.