Are tattoo artists well paid?

0|0
7|7

Most Helpful Guy

• Depending upon their proficiency, skill AND luck :)

Difference between Leonardo Da Vinci & a street artist :)

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for liking my opinion beautiful young lady :) <3

• Thank you, beautiful young lady for your kind, thoughtful, gracious and charming gesture of selecting my opinion the MHO :) <3

I miss your beautiful face on the profile :D

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the shop you work at. You have to pay for your supplies, and if you work in a shop then you have to pay a portion of your earnings to the owner of said shop. It also greatly depends on how big of a client base you build up, and whether or not that client base is full of good tippers.

Once established as a good artist, you'll undoubtedly make more than you would just starting out. Because you'll have loyal clients bringing you new clients, and you'll eventually build up the talent enough to hopefully not have to work in someone else's shop and commission them a portion of your pay.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, in South Korea for example they are because it's illegal there and only doctors are allowed to tattoo people - and those aren't good at it of course...

2|0
    0|0
  • It all depends on your art

1|0
    0|0
  • A solid Meh, unless you are top 10 in the world or own your own shop

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends what you consider well payed? Probably not I mean I've never seen a rich tattoo artist.

1|0
    0|0
  • depend on how good they're and how long been doing for.
    the kind of place they're working too

1|0
    0|0
  • Some are. Most aren't.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• depends on how good they are and where they work. plus, what kind of work they do. those with a bunch of experience who've been in larger tatto magazines tend to get a decent amount of popularity and people will seek them out for bigger, more complicated pieces

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the number of clients per day and how well in business they are. Experience, and creativity is also important.

1|0
    0|0
  • The good ones are.

1|0
    0|0
  • Like any other career involving the arts, the more skillful you are at it the better the pay.

justsomething.co/.../worst-tattoo-fails-14.jpg

Something like that would probably get you fired XD

1|0
    0|0
  • If you're really good at it or well known then yes...

1|0
    0|0
  • YES Very, and they have an awesome job, it's art.

1|0
    0|0