If you could transfer your consciousness into a robot when you die would you do it?

So basically science worked out a way to exactly copy your brain into a machine in a way that you are still in control over it and can still learn and forget things, make choices etc like you always did.
You would still be a sentient being its just you are a robot now. So you are still you on the inside, no robotic programming or anything, you're still a concious person on the inside but just a robot on the outside now.

Would you do it or would you prefer to die with your body.

• Do it
  • Die with body

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course haha! I can create my own body haha! lol Plus it be nice to meet the aliens and maybe i'll be there Queen! haha

Most Helpful Guy

• Hell yeah I would, I like having backups of things. Might as well make a backup of my consciousness.

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 10

• Im not 100% sure on this but I dont think it would really make me immortal.

It doesn't "move" my consciousness into a robot. All it does is "copy" my consciousness, memories etc.. up to that point and then "paste" that information into the robot while the original version of me would be "deleted" and will still cease to exist. The new version would just pick up where I left off but it still wouldn't technically be me.

• It would feel like you though

• You see there are ways theoretically.
      www.ibiblio.org/jstrout/uploading/moravec.html
      Basically you gradually replace the brain material until you no longer have an organic brain and sole are synthetic, You could do this with nano-machines or anything, hell you don't even have to go unconscious

• @Waffles731

I don't know, maybe.

• Oh hell yes lol

• No tah. Scientists are already robots. I like living. Being organic matter. You can't animate dead matter, nor imbue it with consciousness! When will people learn!

• I'm too old to live anew.

• But you might be able to live to see your favourite sports team win the ship and you would have a better, stronger robot body

• But it won't matter because it will be just like replacing a part in your car and you'll be good as new again

• When you say it that way, alright.

• With the current advances happening right now in Japan and Russia in 10-20 years sure I'd do it. Would I be technically still 'alive' now there's the real question... wouldn't care but thats the real question XD

• No I wouldn't.

• "So basically science worked out a way to exactly copy your brain into a machine in a way that you are "
    Turn that into transfer consciousness and I don't see why not

• Also I want to be human looking and have emotions, and feel sensations.

• Like gradually replacing parts of the brain until its completely synthetic or having nanomachines injected into it that replace neurons one by one.
      No consciousness loss
      No questions if I'm just a clone and the original is dead.
      Its just me

• This whole thread is sci-fi
      there are plenty of sci-fi ways for it to still be you you

• Depends of I wanna live of not

• www.cartoonbrew.com/.../...-jury-prize-108359.html

"Oh God, Oh God, Oh God, Sweet mother of God, Oh my God..."

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more