Is it crazy to cry if your favorite singer dies?

Well guys, what do you think?

I was watching the Lotus Flower video by Radiohead. And I've been getting emotional because I really wish I could see them on tour but New York is really far away. And then I started thinking, if Thom Yorke died, I would be devastated, he helps create the music touches me.

Have you ever cried when your favorite singer died? (not poll question)

• Yes
  • No
  • See results
Thanks for the answers :)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No, @vishna, but I shed a Huge Tear, dear, when Nancy Regan had her Funeral televised nearly a week ago.
    I have Never ever Cried at anyone's wake nor funeral, but this time around, I cried like a baby because it suddenly Hit Home that the Ones I have Loved and are Lost Now Somehow, I will Never see them nor touch them again, Not even the ones who were a Friend to the End.
    Good luck and Go ahead and Cry your lungs out. xx

• The Selena movie always touches my heart, for she was too young to die and didn't deserve to Go that way. xx

• Thank you, sweetie, for the Vote of Confidence and you cry whenever your heart tells you to, it is good to get it all out. xxoo

What Guys Said 15

• not crazy... i definitely cried a little when George Harrison died and then again more recently when David Bowie died

I imagine if and when Keith Richards, Mick Jagger, Paul McCartney, Ringo Star, etc die i'll be emotional

• I didn't necessarily cry, but I did have an overwhelming sadness when Guru of GangStarr died. He's was one of my top 5 favorite rappers of all time. 😢

cdn2.greatsong.net/photo/ext/gang-starr-151850.jpg

Guru is on the left, DJ Premier aka "Premo " is on the right.

• No I have never cried when a singer has died but when the news came on MTV that Kurt Cobain had shot himself I was extremely extremely shocked and sad I was talking to a girlfriend on the phone at the time and we were both watching MTV when I can't remember If it was Kurt loder or Tabitha Soren announced that Kurt Cobain had been found with a shot to his head

• Considering how violent that is, yea, I would be really shocked too.

• Courtney Love had him murdered! Because Kurt was about to divorce the slut and she would have lost millions! Watch "Soaked in Bleach" on Netflix

• Music is life for most people. Think about it for a second... You listen to music in your car, on the way to work, you listen to it when you feel good, you listen to it when you feel bad... You need it when you really feel bad... And you feel it the most when you see the best musician in your life perform live in front of you!! don't you?

• Hmm All that remains Philip Labonte, if he died i prob would

• Metalcore, that sounds so intense o. O

• Annnd
      Oh People Magazine, their credibility in a nutshell is Nill, but Im not gonna deny those quotes they are prob true.

• The interview has with his wife too though. It wasn't totally bad, haha. Promise. Do it :) send it

• A bit, yeah.

• Good thing I seen Radiohead a couple of years back

• I was only devastated when George Carlin and Robin Williams died. But no crying just anger.

• That's completely normal.

• Yes, especially if you've never met them in person. You don't really know them, so I'm not sure how/why you would get so upset. Granted, you can be sad when anyone dies. But unless it's someone you've met and are close to, the only reaction you should have is sadness - no crying.

• Not weird at all, I never had a favorite singer died while I was living, but I do get sad that Orbison is dead and I'll never get to see him sing in person.

• I used to hear Roy sing like an Angel through my childhood when my dad played him on his stereo! Dude amazed me! There is sill no one like him

• @llorando right, it's the fact of the missed opportunity :/

• When Bob Dylan dies I will sob like a little girl.

• I cried when Freddie Mercury died, yeah.

• lol, you were a crying gleam in your father's eye.

• Haha yeah dude must have cried when he heard the song for the first time last year! Still cool I cry too every time I hear "Bohemian Rhapsody" Even before Mercury died and even before I knew that song was about AIDS

• @MimTcgraw I cried about Freddie Mercury before I had even heard about Freddie Mercury's existence. :'(

• Well not a singer... but I gotta admit I cried when Eddie Guerrero died... although I was just 14 by then... now I don't think I'd cry I believe I'm old enough for it... still I feel shocked every time I hear a celebrity dies suddenly...

• I remember him from wrestling, yeah, that sucked. It it kinda crazy when famous people suddenly die.

• Yeah that's crazy if you've never even met them or spoken to them

• I was afraid it might be crazy for that exact reason. It's kind of odd to cry about a person you have no formal relationship with.

What Girls Said 3

• No. I cried when Aaliyah died. Gawd I'm old.

• Oh yea, I remember that. It was so sad.

• you think 22 is old? I Watched at least 4 of mine die! and much more have died recently (I'm 35)

• I cried when Freddie Mercury died last year.
    Tragic

• Not crazy at all. I cried like a baby when i heard Glenn Frey died :(