What's the dumbest way you've gotten injured or received a scar?

I have a scar along my entire left thigh from a mini pizza. Gave me 2nd degree burns.
I also twisted my ankle on a fuckin' BOUNCY CASTLE. When I was WALKING on it. .-.
I've given myself a black eye by falling off my bed face forward and smacking my face into some toy in the box next to it.
I've also accidentally SAT on a high heeled shoe. (With the heel upwards.) It wasn't pleasant at all.

What're some dumbs ways you've gotten hurt?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm, I do remember once a friend in junior high was trying to be funny when I was going to get a drink of water at a water fountain. As I went to get a drink, he pushed my head down (trying to get the water to splash on my face). Instead, he failed and the stone water fountain hit my eye and gave me a black eye lol. He felt pretty guilty after that xD

Besides that, I actually broke my wrist a few years ago during track practice. While track practice went on, the soccer team would do their own practice in the middle of the track (the track itself went around the soccer/football field).
    A loose ball from the soccer practice came out and landed outside the track. My one friend went to kick it back in. He yelled, "HEY WATCH OUT HAHAHA" all jokingly to show he was about to kick the ball. I was in front of him, so I sped up to get out of his way. Bad choice. He flubs his kick and kicks it low to the ground and diagonal... towards me. The ball lands right where I am running and I trip and fall on my wrist.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh god I have so many stupid ways I've hurt myself. I'm constantly hitting my hands, hips, legs, etc on any kind of surface basically everyday.

The dumbest scar was from being on a high school band trip. I got excited about the hotel pool. So I ran to jump in and didn't notice this conceit border around the pool. So my big toe ended up hitting it. So I did a belly flop into the pool. Then noticed blood pouring out of my big toe. It wasn't pleasant at all. Also later I said fuck how much my toe hurt since I wanted to swim. So I did. :D

Though I have a lot of scars on my body from random stupid things. :D

What Guys Said 27

• I still have a small one right between my eyebrows. I let this kid in my kindergarten class dig his thumbnail in there for a full minute for a quarter, circa '84, hahaha.

• When I was 12 or 13, I scratched my own arm on purpose with a broken and sharp cd case.
    I scratched my arm in a way to form the initial of my name. And then it healed and a scar was there (not really a scar like a cut, but it was new skin, and had a different color) eventually, it disappeared as I grew older. Lasted about 6 months though.

Needless to say: my parents were mad

• I once wanted to feel what cutting myself felt like. Whether it would give you a rush and all that. So I did and it felt surprisingly good which of course scared the crap out of me because during that moment I found out exactly why some troubled individuals find it just so damn tempting. 5 small cuts, two left a very faint scar. I really don't mind, it was an experiment as far as I'm concerned.

As for silly stupid: About 10 years ago I got a sharpened pencil lodged into my hand and to this date you can still see a dark spot where the point has broken off, under my skin. I think it's pretty funny.

• Skating. I got a meeeean credit card one time. For those who don't know what a credit card is...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/aTruCsbiVEI/hqdefault.jpg

If you've never had a bruise on your genitals, lemme tell you, it makes everything you do painful. :D

I also singed my eyebrows and hair trying to light a cigarette on an anti-lag flame

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/bD0GV1CvGb8/hqdefault.jpg

I do stupid dangerous shit all the time, pretty much every injury I ever got was purely just from being stupid. :D

• I once jumped from a swing and when I landed I hit my jaw against my knee. Ended up shaving off a small part of a tooth.

And another would be when I was cutting my nails and cut too deep inward. It still looks uneven a little.

• who knows? 1 time i fucked up both my hands cause i was stretching for a race in track and for a split second, forgot the shoes i was...
    i01.i.aliimg.com/.../...rack-Shoes-180-2Colors.jpg

and yes, on the bottom were 1/4 inch metal spikes... fml

• @WpCurious tell me about it :/. plus, it was literally right before i had to run so i was bleeding the entire race. luckily, it was a pretty small meet, i think and i was running the 110 hurdles, so it got patched up pretty quick. at least it wasn't like the 2 mile or some shit

• Well done for actually still participating in the race. My sister got stepped on during a race once. The girl behind her stepped on her calf, it looked pretty bad.

• Once I was an idiot and stood straight up, then just started tilting forward and fell flat on my face. Ouchie.

• I don't even wanna say the dumbest way. But let's just say I had to have surgery on my ass...

Second dumbest: I went out into the street without looking both ways and was hit by a car.

Third dumbest: I was riding my bike with my water bottle in my right hand. I had to stop suddenly and since my right hand was occupied I squeezed the left brake, which stops the front wheel. That resulted in me flipping over. All my weight landed on my elbow. It hurt like a muhfucker.

Fourth dumbest: I put this in fourth because I was only 6. I threw a large, jagged rock up into the air and, with my very short 6-year-old attention span, immediately forgot about it. It landed on my head.

• I was in 8th grade and in homeroom i was spinning this kids book around and throwing them. We would always slap each other in the face as a game I know we were stupid lol and then one day I decided to throw his books in the process I lost balance and hit my head up against the medal desk and got a deep cut on the side of my head I had to get 5 stitches lol.

• I tried to open a can of cologne (Jean Paul Gaultier) and I ripped my hand open. I still have that scar to this day. Here is the cologne:

www.perfume2order.com/.../AQS_S1273_325S.jpg

• Tf? It came in a CAN?

Please tell me that the glass silhouette thingy came inside the can, and the can was just a gimmick.

• @redeyemindtricks, yep, it was liquid cologne in a male-shaped glass bottle, inside a tin can, which you need to use a can opener to get open.

Weird, huh?

• oh. nah, that isn't too weird. designer packaging is... interesting.

especially for cologne/perfume, where packaging is literally THE ONLY difference between a $2 product and a $200 product. fragrance is one area of life where the maxim "you get what you pay for" is totally, utterly, irretrievably false.

• When I was 7, I accidentally walked through a glass door that I knew was there in front of me. Then, I freaked out at the hospital after getting stitches on one of the cuts and refused any more stitches, and so now I'm left with a 3 inch long, 3/4 inch wide scar on my leg. Looks badass though.

• When I was 5 or 6 my sister and I were playing some pretend game we made up. In which she tackled me from behind and my forehead hit the corner of the coffee table. My sister freaked out because of all the blood but I was fine. Still I was rushed to the ER by my mother. An x-ray, a few stitches and a lollipop later I had a scar that has since been the subject of many tall tales over the years.

• Got a shit load of scars on my shins from skateboarding (I regret nothing!!)
    Fell and smacked my chin on a set of stairs, got a scar on the right side of the chin (almost invisible)
    Cut myself on my forearm on a broken lamp (how?)
    Got small scars on the side of my hand from cutting a soda can in half with it (drunk)
    A scar on my index finger from skateboard (still regret nothing!!)
    I once smacked my head on a table while dancing wildly with a friend in class.

• Rolled over on my cat while I was sleeping, freaked him out and jumped across my face digging his claws in. Big old scar under my eye now.

• Friend and I made go-karts out of cardboard then decided to try them out down a flight of concrete stairs (yeah really dumb) and mine tipped over and I fell right on my chin and busted it open. Had to get stitches and everything.

One time I was playing drums with glass beer bottles and I hit one bottle too hard and it shattered and a piece of glass cut my right eyebrow.

• My sister whipped me with a garbage bag... cut me and left a scar, she also threw a toy plastic cake at me and now i have a scar on my eyebrow... sisters hey?

• I was 10 , had just woke up and started playing catch me with my cousin. I was still sleepy so I ran into a shoe rack.
    Got stitches on my eyebrow ;-;

• I have a pretty big scar on my thumb from playing with a pocket knife when I was like 11. I also have a scar on the bottom of my heel from stepping on the needle part of a pump. Those are the only scars I've gotten that were my fault

• Broke my hand punching a steel object. Busted my shoulder falling off a bike. Alcohol was involved in both...

• I have a lamp in my living room that does three brightness settings. The dimmest one wasn't reliable (shaking the lamp would sometimes get it going, the bulb was wearing out). When shaking stopped working, I turned the light off and reached in to try tightening the bulb more. Yeah. Incandescent bulbs get HOT.

• Well I burned by arm on a teapot, and I thought that was going to happen, but because I'm a dumbass, I still stood way too close to it. So yeah, that was pretty dumb...

I have a somewhat visible scar from it now.

• I tried to do a flip, it didn't turn out so well

• I got a very minimal burn line from a hot pan when cooking.

• I was looking at a woman's ass in the street and smashed my knee into a lamp post I have a scar on my knee from that.

• Oh, my... Which of yours was most painful? 🙊
    As for me, I can't recall hurting myself in a particularly silly way before... Aside from headaches from my little sister, I rarely ever find myself in physical pain. Too busy sitting around playing video games and GaGing as I deal with emotional pains. 😕

• O I don't know I suppose all of my scars could be viewed in the way that I got them was stupid lol.

• lol may I now how you got them?

• *shrug* just are haha

• Haha I'll take it !

• I don't think I've ever did something dumb to get a scar. The only thing that was stupid is I did nothing and I'm very unlucky and got a blood clot and that resulted in scars.

What Girls Said 20

• I was burning a huge teddy bear I got from my ex, the thing couldn't fit completely on the fire so I moved it, and the plastic eye (wish was already melted) fell on my leg. I have a pretty bad scar from that.
    When I was still very young, I couldn't ride a bicycle yet, mine still had training wheels. But my cousin had a bicycle without training wheels and I really wanted to try it. We are the same age, but I am like much shorter than he is. Anyway, the bicycle was leaning against a wall and as I tried to climb onto it, it fell over and I scraped my knee pretty badly.
    Another time I was lying on a bed, talking to my brother. We had a small jack russle and a South African Mastiff (boerboel), these two dogs were lying on the bed with me. The boerboel was at my feet and he kept accidentally kicking the jack russle was asleep next to my head. Every time the jack russle got kicked it would growl, so at one point I turned around to pet the dog and tell him it's okay and he bit me on my lip. I had to get stiches.

• THE MOST STUPID ONE: When I was 9, there was an individual heating stove in my grandma's kitchen it looked like an upside down casserole and I put my hand on it super strongly (as if it was a drum) ! My hand started melting lol and it was stuck to the heating stove an I couldn't take it off for some time! My whole palm was badly burnt (3 degrees burn), The worst was that my Dad wasn't home to take me to the emergencies (I had no one to take me) I had to wait in agony for over 2/3 hours crying. Was I got to the emergencies, the doctor ripped off the burnt skin of my whole palm and told me if I waited a few more minutes it would of been completely screwed, I had the bondage for a couple of months before it was gone :) .
    The others are not really stupid:|
    Mmm I was baking once and got a scar on my arm because I burnt myself but it faded.
    My pinky finger is broken because I fainted last year haha still broken!
    I have eczema scars here and there but I can't control it unfortunately, it's not extremely visible, but enough to annoy me.

• 1. I have a three inch scar on my inner thigh. I had the brilliant idea to just dump everything on my floor from every drawer and cabinet in the room to clean up, and I was sitting there sorting through this bad decision when I went to stand up and a wire hanger that was in my lap, somehow just dug right into my thigh and ripped through as I stood up. No more wire hangers, ever!
    2. When I was a kid my dad was always warning me not to tie my jacket around my waist because it could slip down. I of course ignored this until one fateful day when I was running around at recess playing soccer. I went to run after the ball which had rolled down a concrete sidewalk, when it happened. As predicted, I ran, the jacket came down, I tripped, and then proceeded to then ricochet and slide down the concrete. I have permanent scars from where the skin was ripped clean from both my knees, and elbows, and forearms... the palms recovered.

• Jumped off a wall ( a short wall) and broke three bones in my foot.
    http://i.imgur.com/fMuRnzB.jpg

that exact wall, actually.

And my skin scars SUPER easily so every scar I acquire is acquired in a dumb way lol

• Plenty of stupid ones like tripping or falling, stepping on a plug etc but when I was younger my brother threw a knife at my face and cut my brow... never grew hair there again lol

p. s. my brother is younger than me, it wasn't done out of violence, we were just playing I think

• My boyfriend was going to give me a piggy back ride once, and we were standing on the stairs to the deck outside. I jumped on his back from too high up, and he accidentally threw me over his head. I dropped 6 feet chest first onto concrete. I ended up with whiplash and I couldn't move my arms up for over a week.

Another time while I was working I was cleaning the bagel slicer which has 2 huge super sharp blades inside, and I wiped out the inside of it and sliced my finger open. The blades were so sharp I didn't even notice until I saw the blood dripping all over the floor.

• I broke my arm by pulling grass, if this isn't dumb, I don't know what it's supposed to be dumb. 😂
    I was only 4, but still... 😂

• I have a scar on my chin because the hanger of a steelers blanket hit me and now when people ask I'm like I was at work and a blanket fell on me 😅

• I was about three or four years old, I think. I reached to get a can of some food. It had a sharp edge on it that cut me across my hand.

Of course my injury would be food-related.

• Ouch lol Nope I never done that lol!

• I slammed my finger in a car door and broke the tip of it and lost my fingernail. That was pretty dumb.

• I think my most stupid scar is one on my leg. The razor I was shaving with wasn't straight and it fucking cleanly shaved off a piece of skin and there's a scar about the size of a quarter there now 😤

• I walked into a wall and broke two toes. I fell out of a tree and broke my hand grabbing for a branch.
    I also have burn scars on my arm from a homemade firework. Poor decision on my part.

• I had an argument with a car on my motorcycle. Needless to say I lost big time. I have to many scars from the injuries & surgeries to name.

• I sliced my finger open on one of those metal things that are on the corner of the walls near elevators when I was in Disney World. I don't even remember how it happened. One minute my hand was on the wall. The next, blood everywhere. I was with one of my sisters and we rushed back to the hotel room. Everyone thought we were joking and the blood was nail polish, except for my mom who was in the bathroom when we came in. She came out the bathroom, took one look at my face, then at my hand and flipped out lol. I still have the scar too. Middle finger, right hand.

• Jumping on my mom's bed, I slip and fall off, hit my head on one of those old school heaters. Next thing ya know I'm sitting in the hospital with stitches in my head.

• Had an anxiety attack at a museum of the human body because i have a huge phobia of blood and wasn't allowed to leave because of the group I was with, so I accidentally scratched my arm until it bled...

• I used to have a scar on my thigh from dripping hot cheese dip on it lol

• I tripped in boots with heels and busted my knee and had to get stitches.. embarrasing

• Spilling an entire bowl of scolding ramen on my leg