What do you desire?

"You’ll be doing things you don’t like doing in order to go on living, that is to go on doing things you don’t like doing, which is stupid!
It is absolutely stupid!
Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way.
And after all, if you do really like what you’re doing, it doesn’t matter what it is –
somebody is interested in everything, anything you can be interested in, you will find others will

But it’s absolutely stupid to spend your time doing things you don’t like, and to teach our children to follow in the same track.
See what we are doing, is we’re bringing up children and educating to live the same sort of lives we are living.
In order that they may justify themselves and find satisfaction in life by bringing up their children to bring up their children to do the same thing,
so it’s all retch, and no vomit it never gets there. Therefore, it’s so important to consider this question: What do I desire?"

- Alan Watts

What Girls Said 3

• 1. A cool username like yours

2. Good grades

3. An apartment with my love

4. All my pets with me, even the dog I raised since a puppy who is stuck back at home.

5. Stability

• Currently, I desire cuddles, the ability to travel, the feeling of paying off my student loans, and being able to bask in the sunshine. :)

• I to not always feel less than or not good enough. I desire to lose this feeling of stagnation and to see the world in all its beautiful glory. I desire to be happy. Completely and utterly happy.

What Guys Said 0