Are you called skinny like me while you are at normal body mass index?

People seem to be used to having a higher body mass. For example, according to people, below 23 is considered skinny (underweight) but according to body mass index standarts, having a body mass index below 23 is quite normal. The problem is people are used to having a higher body mass, for this reason, having a body mass index below 23 considered skinny like you are underweight. For example, my body mass index is 22, which is quite normal according to body mass index but people see it as if it is being skinny (underweight). People of modern period seem to be used to having higher body mass. While being at the bmi of 22 quite normal, people tell you that you are skinny. When your body mass index is below 23, people think you must gain weight as if it is skinny (underweight)

I am at the bmi of 22, which is a normal body mass index but you would probably call me skinny as if I was underweight.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a BMI of either 18 or 19 and people often tell me how skinny I am and all of that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was about BMI 20 when I graduated high school. I'd been teased for being too skinny.

"People" think you should gain weight? How about, it's none of their goddamn business unless you solicited their input?

What Girls Said 1

• yes...

What Guys Said 3

• My body mas is at about 21.5 I've personally never been called skinny maybe it's different in England but people with a BMI of like 24-25 are called chubby at my school.

• I've never been called skinny. I'd have to loose muscle to have a normal BMI... BMI tells me I need to be 148-199 LB for my height. I was 220 with about 5% body fat in 7th grade... I think I'd look emaciated around 150...

• BMI has long been known as a load of garbage.

Going by BMI, the majority of strength. athletes can be considered overweight / obese.