What do you guys think about future life extending advancement?

Most Helpful Guy

• Considering we already have gigantic social and political problems that stem from over-aged societies both in Europe as well as in countries such as Japan and considering these problems will only become worse throughout the 21st century and will also appear in other places such as North America, I think making human lifespan even longer is a very bad idea. Already just doubling our current life expectancy could have dramatic consequences. Just think how helplessly overpopulated our planet was if people from the 19th were still alive today ALONG with us.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• I do not think to much of it.. and it will not happen unless the powers that are in charge of this planet.. namely the governments.. get their act's together and try to fix the planet that they have done a pretty good job at screwing up with all their greed and wanting to make even more money then they already make and most of their jobs are so cushy now that.. they do not care about other people on this planet.. it is all about the money and how much can I make while I am in power.

It is no wonder more and more people everyday hate the governments.. they do nothing.. but make it harder and harder for the people that do have a not so cushy a job as they do to even make ends meet.. I bet most people in governments could not handle a job where they would actually have to do some work.

• Then we'd better start population control. I'm talking abortions like the Chinese do.

Why? If we extend life as you say then the many billions of people living on Earth would kill the species.

Make the decision. Live a little bit longer and lose your babies?

• And what physical age are we going to be for this extended life? I would prefer not to live to be 200 if it means spending more than half of that time in a dried out husk of an elderly body.

• what the use of extending a life when they cannt help someone stop being in daily pain with out giving them addicting drugs that dont really help

• Why would I want to shorten my time in eternity?

• It's very interesting... Regenerative medicine is one of the reasons why I studied biological engineering.

• Pretty sure most of my kind are more interested in extending advancement in other areas than life.

• Stupid

I want my life to end at 30

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know I'd like to go out around 70. Living forever does not appeal to me in the slightest.