How old should someone be to say swear words?

How old should someone be to be allowed to say swear words (in your opinion)?

Most Helpful Guy

• I swear very little and I agree with @AzureGirl that swear words are usually not really necessary. But I also think prohibiting children from swearing is kinda dumb. It's not like uttering a word is gonna hurt them.
    I just think English native speakers and especially Americans swear way too much in general. When I listen to people in my every day life in my country and young people I met when I lived in America, the swearing frequency is so different.

Most Helpful Girl

• I started at 13 (I'm still 13 ha ha) I think 13+ is fine. I don't think those words are necessary in every day language, but I swear when I'm angry or annoyed. I think 13+ is an okay age.

What Guys Said 6

• i was cussing kinda towards middle school and a lot more on into high school.

but the first time i told a kid to go fuck himself was in the 4th grade on the dirt hill

• first time I gave a kid the double middle fingers was in third grade and the teacher made me move my star all the way down the rainbow to red.

• Ha ha that's really young!

• Honestly, what is the purpose of cussing? To say it is adult language is stupid. I am 34 years old, I can't tell my boss to go fuck himself, or tell my female coworkers that I love the smell of cunt. I mean, come on, that is just stupid to even say it in public.

• At any age IF the situation calls for it.

• I got kicked out of a friends house for saying a curse word at 5. I'm pretty sure I knew a few before then...

• theyre words who gives a fuck what age

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• Eh, I don't think swear words are usually necessary regardless of age. But I guess around high school age, 16+.

• Meh
    "What should not be heard by little ears should not be said by big mouths"