Why is it we can all give out advice but not take our own?

Example

When a friend is seeing some prick and you tell her to leave him but you know that if that was you, you wouldn't listen to yourself!

Most Helpful Guy

• It's much easier to give out advice when you looking from the outside and are impartial to a lot of aspects, but when you are the one in the situation, you can't really see it.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• thats a very good question its easier to give it than except it sometimes

• I don't know... but I'm guilty of this too

• Lol yep, I remember back in high school I used to convince my friends to talk to the girls they liked, and it was good advice, yet I didn't take it.

• because then you're emotionally involved.

• I take my own advice. That's why I never ask for anyone's.

• Have you always been that way?

• Fingers crossed for you :)

• Advice is given, only the wise will prosper from it.

• It's much easier to solve other people's problems than to face our own.

What Girls Said 4

• I was just thinking of this same question. It's the whole "Do as I say, not as I do" mentality. I think we're just harder on ourselves and make it easier to make excuses for ourselves.

• Because when we give advice we are not fully indulged in the situation, there is some form of disconnect. We don't have money, time, feeling emotions, experience tied to the situation. However, when it is you it is the complete opposite and those factors makes i difficult to give or take our own advice, even though it may be best for us.

• Because we care about our friends more than we care about ourselves.

• Easier said then done