Have you ever drank shower water?

Have you ever caught the water in your mouth and swallowed it as it poured out of the shower head?

- no this isn't an euphemism -

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you ever drank tap water should be the question. The same water that goes to the tap is also used for Showers hoses toilets and even sprinklers

• I read an article saying shower heads are breeding grounds for disease so when the water comes out, it gets tainted.

• Its natural you will get a bit of water in your mouth, Do note that your stomach acids can kill a good heaping amount of germs. Not all as people still get sick but the worse situation is your body detects it as bad and makes you puke it out. Aka emegency dump all!

• *So your body give or take manages its self. However sometimes it needs a helping hand.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• You're not supposed to drink shower water. It's dirtier than tap water, I think. You can rinse your mouth out with the water, but you're not supposed to drink it. Just a little bit is fine, just incidentally. But you shouldn't drink a lot of it

• Ya couple times I was in the shower and got really thirsty out of nowhere lol

• lol. same. that's what happened to me. I was dehydrated last night after a game and practice so when I was in the shower, I turned the water to the cold side to try and relive my muscles then I just got thirsty.

• Of course, but most probably don't cause the water is most likely hot n for some reason everyone detests hot water

• Only when I've been super thirsty. And I usually kind of regret it immediately.

• who hasn't?

• Yes. It's the same water and pipes that you get your tap water from so what's the difference?

• Maybe between showers but once water has been running through it as you get the water going my guess is it's flushed out. I don't see how it's much different that a faucet head on a fancy kitchen sink.

• its the same water that comes out of every other facet in the house so why not

• to tell you the truth in a lot of people get sick from the ice makers not the food because no one ever cleans them and the shoot the ice drops from

• By mistake, YES

• Yes, its the same water that comes out of your faucet. San Francisco tap water is safe to drink so I don't mind.
    Its important to check whether or not your local water source is safe for consumption.

• I just drank it but then I researched and found articles saying not to drink it because shower heads are breeding grounds for disease. Now my throat is hurting.

We live pretty close by the way

• Blrhh take out the even

• Your mouth is a breeding ground for disease.

If you use it every day, it is no different than every other faucet in the house. Tap water is chlorinated, so as long as it is regularly flushed through the pipes and not exposed to sunlight, the bacteria count will be low.

If your water were contaminated, it wouldn't be your throat that had the problem.

• It is the SAME water as goes into your faucets for your sink.

• Yeah... I do it all the time.

• yes... sometimes i do this... i like the taste of chalk

What Girls Said 7