How often do you wash your hair? what's your routine?

I do mine 2-3 times a week. with regular body wash. no conditioner. towel drying only.

• everyday
  • every other day
  • twice a week
  • once a week
  • every other week
  • once a month
  • almost never

Most Helpful Guy

• I use diluted baking soda and apple cider vinegar solution in a spray bottle around once or twice a week unless I'm very physically active, in which case any day I sweat a lot, I'll wash my hair. The "no poo" method. Shampoo strips the natural oils from your hair, then your scalp compensates, creating extra oil. The result is that if you don't wash your hair with shampoo every day or every other day, your hair gets super oily. That's the reasoning behind the "no shampoo" method. And really. All those chemicals.

• I tried the no poo method. it fucked up my hair. it got extra dry and broke off like crazy. :/

• I did it for 3 months. I'll stick with drdr bronners

• *shrug*

Most Helpful Girl

• Every day to every other day, depending on what I'm doing and how gross I feel. I shampoo and use conditioner each time.

What Guys Said 11

• Funny thing is from the people I know they tend to overwash their hair. You can wash it with water preferably cold all you want and it will clean your hair a bit. Personally i do it like once a week with everything and the other times just cold water unless for some reason it became grimy. It also helps keep my hair colour long lasting, as if you think about it, it lasts more or less a set amount of washes.

• as a black male with typical "black people hair" that doesn't naturally create a lot of oil , I wash my hair once a week. ✌

• everyday

• I shampoo every day, use conditioner every other day. Seems to work fine, cause I have nice hair!

• Every day before I leave the house.

• and the days you don't leave?

• why change the times you shower depending on where you are?

• Because at home, I care about smelling nice when I go out.

When I hang out (for multiple days) at someone else's house, I want to be clean before I get in their bed.

• At least once a day

• Every time (or almost every time) I take a shower.

• Once a day, I can't sleep if I feel my hair isn't washed.

• Yo mean body hair? Well I wash them every time I shower.

• that was almost funny. ;p

• Ha-ha thanks. I have overlyy hairiness on my body and if someone sees me in underwear that would be the first thing that would draw the attention. so I thought to Poke fun of it myself :)

• Monday Wednesday and Friday... those who say they wash it daily... actually it leads to hair loss from wot I've read...

• 3 x a week post workout, using a moisturizing shampoo.

most people over do it. Then they complain they are greasy, because their scalp is producing oil like crazy trying to compensate for the overwashing, and then they go 'why do i have greasy scalp and dry ends?' yeah it's a mystery.

• hmm, I had an issue with too much buildup (I think) for a little while, but I think it was from using thick creams on my face getting into my hair, not from washing too much.. it could be many things.

What Girls Said 17

• I've recently changed my routine because I'm trying to be nice to my hair. I used to wash it everyday religiously. Now I wash it 3 times a week with an organic shampoo and conditioner. I dry shampoo it once a week or so and I wear it pulled up in a messy bun about twice a week. I dry and straighten or curl it on days I shampoo.

• Once a week.

• I was going for once a week but thanks to updos I can get away with like a week and a half to two weeks and it's awesome XD

When I do wash it, I use biolage 'hydrasource" shampoo and conditioner and then use Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum for frizz. I use batiste dry shampoo when my roots get greasy and it's by far my favorite dry shampoo.

• hmm, I think I might try one of those dry shampoos

• They really help give your hair texture for when you want to do an up do and extend your time between washes. You can get it on amazon for like 7 bucks.

• Shampoo once a week, condition every other day with air drying it.

• does conditioning so often without washing ever cause build up for you?

• nope, it makes it better feeling for my hair, I shouldn't shampoo it so often cause of how thick and curly my hair naturally is.
      sometimes my hair will become very dry if I shampoo too much or not enough

• I shampoo and condition every other day.

• I wash mine everyday, using only shampoo.
    My hair is super fine so gets greasy, especially around my bangs, on a daily basis. Plus I go to the gym 3-4x/week so washing my hair after a good workout is a must.

• I don't think thin/thickness affects greasiness of hair. it's more of an internal thing. some people just produce more oil than others.

• Thinner hair definitely looks greasy faster. If your hair is naturally thick&glossy, it'll take a lot more natural oils to make it look equally greasy/flat as thin, fine hair. I'm not someone who produces a lot of oil.

• Every other day for me. Gets greasy.

• Every other day. I could wait three days before the next shampoo but I don't usually do. I love when my hair smells good and is clean. I use shampoo and conditioner. Sometimes I apply a mask.

• Once a week, I have very short hair. And rinse it daily in the shower.

• Its not the same every week. I'll wash it (shampoo, condition) on days I work. If I straighten it then I can usually get by with spraying it with dry shampoo the next morning and not washing.

• so many people mentioning dry shampoo. I've never even noticed that at the stores. hmm

• Every other day, since it's not very healthy to wash it every day.

• Every other Thursday is tame the mane day for me. In the summer, I also deep condition every week. I use Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex shampoo and conditioner. And V05 conditioner.

• I hate having greasy hair, I wash mine every other day. But washing hair every day isn't healthy for your scalp.

Sometimes I try to wash it after 4 days, but I get so grossed out I wash it after 2 days :-(

• I wash it twice a week. I have dry hair, so if I wash it every day it will only get damaged. I always use hot oil treatment prior to every wash. I use K√©rastase shampoo and hair mask for dry and sensitized hair. I

• My hair doesn't get as oily so I don't need to wash it daily. It also depends if I have braids or not.

• It depends on the activities of the day. Most times it every day

• its better for your hair not to wash it constantly